Chapter 11 | Haircuts and Entrance tests
1.1k 7 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 | Haircuts and Entrance tests

-11-

1 week later…

So a lot has happened during the week.

I’ll explain. So for starters, Ryu had apparently taken a liking to me or at least was friendly, sometimes trying to start a conversation. Often it just ends up being about something like food or play, and while talking I always end up spoiling him through petting or cuddling. Not that I minded of course.

 

The other thing is the highschool test, I think I did it yesterday or the day before that and well, I’m pretty sure I would get most things correct which could be both good and bad, on one hand I get to go to highschool with Kaoru, but on the other hand it means that I have to go to school.

 

I tried talking about these problems with Ryu, but with him being who he is, he didn’t really get it. He did explain to me later that he has never met anyone that could understand him that was human. -Ish.

 

He also talked about how I should try some cat snacks, and went on rambling about how they are so tasty. Mom had been observing me casually conversing with a cat on the couch, but I really didn’t care. I’m not sure but I think I had accidentally learnt a new language.

 

Moving on, I had installed quite a few more games on the computer, some I had played before and others that were new games, and of course I got lost in them all, I mean once you start gaming it just becomes hard to take a break or stop all together. I think I should start imposing a limit on how much I game. I also discovered this new thing called “E-girls”? Something about how streaming is becoming the new trend, not that I cared about it, I just wanted to beat this boss so badly.

 

Aside from games, there really haven’t been too much going on, like that boredom that sometimes comes from feeling like having nothing to do.

 

The test I took was submitted for review some time ago, and should probably arrive today, maybe I should go take a walk outside, I had been lazing on the bean bag the entire day after all.

 

Getting up from the bean bag, I passed the mirror before going back and stopping in front of it. I was wearing some really shabby clothes, only underwear and a gray hoodie. Getting to my drawer and getting some new clothes, I put them on. I was now wearing a pink shirt with cat symbols spread across it, a less pink hoodie with an open zipper, dark blue skirt and a simple hair clip to keep some of my hair clear of my face.

 

I was more properly dressed for going outside compared to the state before, but of course there was something off, my hair had grown somewhat and became a mess. I’d have to ask mom if I could get a haircut.

 

Walking down the stairs, I tucked my tail inside the hoodie and put on the hood, covering my ears. Apparently these hoodies had these cat-ear imitations that my ears fit perfectly into, meaning that my ears wouldn’t be pressed flat anymore.

 

I greeted Mom as usual, she was reading something on her phone while sitting on the couch. before asking. “Mom, I want to go outside! And also take a haircut, could you help me?”

 

She replied in her usual gentle tone. “Of course, want to take a stroll to the barber shop?”

 

Barber shop… Didn’t sound too bad, but it meant that I would be showing my ears to strangers, or not depending on if mom knew them or not.

 

“Okay… But no petting!” That sounded pretty adorable, but I was serious, I did not want to be pet. Even if it was nice.

 

So we headed out, I held her hand and followed her.

 

We reached a larger main street, where on the one side a large park was located while on the other side several storefronts were sitting, there was the one store which had the sign “Barber shop” hanging above the entrance.

 

Entering the shop, I was hit by the smell of perfume and wet hair. Well what did I expect? Mom walked to the counter, greeted the employee and asked for someone. The employee went to the backside of the store, I could make out a few voices talking about if someone was in the store.

 

A woman roughly the same age as Mom walked out from the backside, she had a smile on her face and had hair dyed blue.

 

She was wearing an apron along with a woolen inner shirt in pink and jeans. She gestured for me and Mom to follow her, and we walked into a part of the shop that had several rooms, with all the things a Barber would need. 

 

We stepped into one of these rooms, before the woman with the pink hair introduced herself.

 

“Hi there! I’m Nadami and today I’ll be the one who’s gonna get your hair trimmed and fixed!”

 

 I jumped back a bit, Startled by the loudness and eagerness of her voice. She took the sign and calmed down a little, before reintroducing herself in a calmer voice.

 

“Sorry, I was too eager right there, I’m Nadami and I’ll be trimming your hair today.”

 

I relaxed a little, knowing that she could be calm too.

 

“So to get started, I’ll need you to take off your hood and sit on the seat right there.” She pointed at the black leather chair, that sat quietly in front of a mirror

 

I took off my hoodie as she instructed, albeit at a slow pace since I was scared that she would react in some way. Mustering the courage, I took it off without a hitch and sat on the chair. “No touching ears pwease.”

Uh oh. I had slipped my tongue from nervousness, not good. I used my hand to hid my embarrassment, earning me a few mumbles from Nadami over how I was so adorable.

 

She put on the plastic coat around my neck, and began her trimming of my hair, careful to not touch my ears as I wanted. Of course she would sometimes accidentally touch them, which I ignored as best as I could. The half hour seemed to pass extra slowly, as when Nadami finished I was at most half awake, and Mom needed to tickle me around the neck for me to regain my consciousness.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Finally awake sleepy head, you almost dozed off there.” Mom said in a snickering voice.

 

“Fueh?” I immediately got flustered, sure being half asleep was normal when going through something boring but while getting my hair trimmed? That was just embarrassing.

 

I panicked a little, but hindered it from reaching my body and causing mayhem. I got up from my seat, looking downwards to expose as little of my face as possible, while pulling the hood down and over my face.

 

Mom said something to Nadami, something about if she could keep quiet about me. I ignored most of the short conversation, having to deal with the embarrassment.

 

We walked back to the main shop area, paid for my hair trimm and got back home. Mom checked the mailbox for a letter, which unfortunately for me had arrived.

 

I got in as fast as possible, right now I needed some time to calm down. Mom came in a bit later than me, due to her getting the letter, she closed the door and took off her shoes, before getting over to the kitchen table and taking a seat. She opened the letter, and she smiled. She called me down.

 

“Misaki! Come downstairs please!”

 

I was on my bean bag chair when she called, forcing me to abandon the cozyness of the bean bag and walk down to the kitchen. “Coming!”

 

When I got downstairs Mom was ready with a hug.

 

“You did it! You got into highschool!”

 

“Eh?” Wait, I got into highschool? A bunch of different emotions filled me, I couldn’t believe it, or well I didn’t want to, to be honest. But then again, maybe meeting new friends and doing something productive was good.

 

“It means that you will be enrolled into highschool! I am so proud of you! I’ll tell Kaoru and dad when they get home.”

 

But what was there to be proud over though? I didn’t really study or anything for the test. But maybe there was something else to it? I didn’t know, and highschool life isn’t that bad really, at least that’s what manga and anime had teached me.

 

With that thought in mind, I finished the final daily quest for the day before going to bed.

 

End of chapter 11!


yout think next chapter would be dropped on saturday or something after chapter 11, but no! I do triple upload today! haha!

like the content? share it with your friends!

want to help? Donate a ko-fi!

Punchew out

ps. point out any mistakes i do in the text, I dont have a proof reader :/

50