Chapter 11.5 | Café del gato
1.1k 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11.5 | Café del gato

-o-

 

Hello everyone! Kaoru here again, and today I’ll be talking a bit about the cafe that my dad, Keigo runs.

 

It’s a family thing, or so he says. Something about how his great grandfather opened this shop a few hundred years ago and has been passed down, he really hopes that I take over the shop once he retires, even though that’s still a few years away.

 

I often stay over there to help out, mostly it’s after school since that’s when I’m free. The cafe has been a cat cafe for some time though, I think there are twenty or so cats residing permanently, strays and cats from the neighborhood often visit once or twice per week, and the few regular customers we get really love it!

 

The theme of the cafe is very relaxing, lot’s of the furniture and decorations are made with laminated wood, and calming background music is playing in the background. It’s a great atmosphere perfect for playing with cats or just enjoying a coffee really. 

 

The cats, oh the cats, they are just lovely, all of them are spayed sadly, but they are all really affectionate and cuddly, just overall lovely. The leader of them is Ryu, surprisingly. He’s normally our family pet and spends his days back home more than at the cafe, the second in charge is a female calico cat, her name is Usui, which comes from the fact that it was raining when Dad found her.

 

Then there’s the food that Dad makes. I'm not sure if he chose general studies during his school years but his food is very good, the only thing that could rival it is Mom’s cooking, and she is using science to cheat! And the drinks, there's the usual coffee that’s made by machine, then there’s the special drinks, like strawberry milkshake or pumpkin spice coffee, during summer lot’s of people come here for a summer-only drink, known as Caramel ice shake. But I think I understand why though, it is super delicious and once you taste it you will probably come back for more.

 

Of course, it’s not just drinks at the cafe, there are also light meals and desserts such as ice-cream sundaes and pancakes.

 

Hmm, let’s talk about my Dad, first of, his name is Keigo and he has been married 17 or so years, he’s probably 30-ish or 40 right now and well, the story of how he met Mom is an interesting one to be sure, he’s gentle normally gentle, and his black hair seems to be in a perpetual state of perfect anime protagonist hair. Something I find amusing at times.

 

He’s also kinda goofy and quirky at times, like me. So about how he met Mom, it was a pretty cold day in town when Mom found this cafe, she had been feeling sick since the morning and after getting inside Dad noticed it immediately, and was able to catch mom before she had collapsed on the ground. 

 

Mom was a lab assistant at the time, and had handled some bacteria containers the day prior.

 

Mom said that it was like love at first sight, maybe because Dad did catched her and she was in a state of confusion. Nevertheless, they started dating. Keep in mind that this was before Dad had renovated the cafe to become a cat cafe.

 

Honestly I could keep going with what happened after but to put it shortly, Mom fell for Dad. Literally.

 

End of side chapter


fun fact: my discord server goes by the same name. want to hang out with me, the author and maybe discuss the plot with other people who are like-minded? Join the discord server! https://discord.gg/pGfxwasXGH

stay awesome! chapter 12 dropping on sunday

42