Chapter 13 | The menace
1.2k 19 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
want to know real time statistics of how complete the next chapter is? join my discord server! link: https://discord.com/invite/pGfxwasXGH

on another news, POGGERS this novel just reached front page! Very happy me am!

Chapter 13 | The menace

-13-

So following yesterday Mom and Kaoru decided to take me to the mall. As you can guess I tried to object against it, keyword: tried.

 

I would need to go shopping again, to get measurements for my school uniform and to buy a collar… Despite my complaints.

 

And my headset also arrived today! It’s modified to fit cat ears, and instead of letting the headband rest on top of my head, it sits more like behind it, sort of wrapping around my head instead, it’s not uncomfortable, it’s just weird.

 

I got up from the bed like I usually do in the mornings and changed clothes from my PJ’s to more casual wear. I knew that I would be forced to stop wearing hoodies once school starts, so I might as well start now. Instead of the normal hoodie I wore every day I choose to wear a blue fleece jacket, giving me a new look. I also got short jeans instead of the usual skirt.

 

Walking over to the mirror, I striked a few poses admiring myself just a little bit. I’m cute, aren’t I? My tail flicked inside the fleece jacket.

 

I exited my room to get downstairs, where Mom was sitting on the kitchen table. She’s early as always. I ate breakfast which consisted of cereal and yoghurt, and also gave Mom an extra hug.

 

I watched some anime while waiting for Kaoru to wake up, and also told mom about a lil’ thing, you see, I really wanted a phone and that’s for several reasons, first of I want to be able to play games, and I also want to be able to contact someone if I wanted something, and since we are going to the mall I might as well get one.

 

“Mom, can I also get a smartphone while we are at the mall?”

 

“Alright, but first I want you to do something.”

 

“What?

 

“I just want you to meet one of my friends, don’t worry he knows.”

 

“Oh… Okay.”

 

Hmmm, meeting one of my Mom’s friends for a new phone? Sounds like a good deal to me!

 

Kaoru eventually got up from her bed, she got down from upstairs and also ate breakfast. She was pretty excited the whole time, partly because we would be shopping again.

 

Sigh.

 

Once we finished, Mom took me and Kaoru for a drive to the mall. Arriving at the mall, my view was filled with the building facade, the mall itself wasn’t too big, maybe 3 floors at most but that was still more than enough to house several different stores of different kinds, from casual wear to business attire to girls fashion.

 

To begin with, Mom led me and Kaoru to a specialized shop that made school uniforms, getting my measurements were embarrassing and I was pretty much blushing throughout the entire ordeal, the shop attendant only smiled and kept quiet to herself about it. After getting my measurements for the school uniform we went to an electronics store to buy me a phone.

 

“Well, anything special you want about your phone?”

 

I thought about it a bit, I wanted it to be able to run games and have enough space on it to install them, along with a few messaging apps.

 

“Something that could run the latest games and has plenty of space for apps.”

 

The store clerk gave his recommendations for which phones met my criteria, I chose a random phone, not that it mattered much which brand it was.

 

After that was done Kaoru led me to this fashion store which apparently also sold pet accessories, apparently she and Mom had talked about it, and decided that pink was the perfect color for me. They forced me to test a few different ones, but I ended up settling on a pretty normal and bland pink collar, but I was pretty sure that it would only enhance my image of “cuteness”.

 

She didn’t just buy a collar, she also got several different hair ornaments and accessories of different kinds, from hairbands to hairpins. And also more cute clothes. Sigh. 

 

Of course, I was reminded by Mom about the deal we took in the morning, Kaoru didn’t know about it really but I don’t think she minded too much. So Mom took me to a vet… No. Maybe? I was getting conflicting thoughts right now. Mom is a scientist, she did a bunch of tests on me when I last transformed into a cat, and I have gone through more tests back at the hospital. So why a vet? I was getting shivers up my spine, I could hear mixed voices and feel mixed feelings coming from the animals that were there, This can’t be good can it? My tail puffed up, and I barely managed to keep my claws from extending, I was getting very nervous. Oh this can’t be good.

 

Entering the vet clinic the first few smells I picked up was cleaning agent and fur. Mom walked up to the reception desk while I took a seat with Kaoru, she could sense my unease and cuddled with me, I eased a little bit from it.

 

The nurse at the reception called the phone, probably for some Veterinarian. That made me uneasy again.

 

Lo and behold, a doctor stepped out from his office and greeted Mom, judging from their tone I guess he was a friend of her? Maybe even the friend she talked about in the morning.

 

Mom and the Veterinarian walked over, still chatting. 

 

“Hello, you’re Misaki right?” The Veterinarian asked, he was wearing the typical white robe and stethoscope, the employee badge he was wearing displayed his name. Fujinawa, Keigo. So that’s his name? 

 

“Y-yes...”

 

I think he could sense the dread from me, as he tried to be as friendly as he could. Maybe it was common for animals to be scared of Veterinarians?

 

“I’m Keigo, and I’m also your Mom’s friend, she has talked quite a bit about you.” He really tried to not scare me, not that it would work. It really only made me more worried. Realising that he was just making me more uncomfortable we moved into his office, Kaoru and Mom were told to wait outside.

 

“Okay so, mind showing me your cat form? I’m just going to do a simple checkup.” I could tell that he was honest, but why would he need to do that? I thought that Mom already did that.

 

“But Mom also did that?”

 

“Well, she’s a scientist and not a Veterinarian you see, and she wants me to do a checkup and determine which species you potentially could be, just to be sure if there are any chronic diseases.”

 

“Oh.” It made sense, but I’m still not quite sure if I wanted to do it.

 

“Please, it’s for your health, if you want to Mom can also be here and watch.”

 

I gave him a glare.

 

“Okay, but I want Mom to also be here then.”

 

“Then it’s settled!”

 

He opened the door, and told Mom to come in. Really though, he didn’t do much for my checkup, just the usual few things animals go through such as weighting, measuring and pulse-checking, and additionally he also drew some blood from me which I resisted at first, but me being a kitten meant that I was easily overpowered.

 

I just layed still on the examination table, playing dead. I was defeated. Something I had noticed is the fact that my collar was still on me despite the rest of my clothes being gone. 

 

The long-ish fur gently rested on my body when I was scooped up by mom.

 

“Mew.” (Uwaaaaah.)

 

“I know, it was uncomfortable wasn’t it? But think of it like this, once Keigo returns with the results I’ll buy you some treats!”

 

“Meoww.” (Fine.)

 

She gave me to Kaoru, and picked up the plastic bag that contained the different hair accessories. Kaoru had been petting me the entire time, making me melt in her fawn. We finally exited the mall after getting some cat-food and treats. On the way back I had turned back into human form, laying uncomfortably on Kaoru who sat on the front passenger seat.

 

“Eh?” I voiced out. The sudden transformation back surprised me, and startled Kaoru a bit.

 

“Princess kitty is back again!” She exclaimed and hugged me, fairly certain that being more than two people in one seat is some form of traffic law violation but it’s not like Kaoru would be bothered by it. I just melted into her, feeling the warmth of her body while being pet by her before falling asleep.

 

End of chapter 13


POGCHAMP this novel reached front page and is #8 on top lol.

join discord server to get real time updates on the next chapter https://discord.com/invite/pGfxwasXGH

also sub to my youtube channel

48