Chapter 14 | School start
1k 17 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
yoooooooooo top spot less gooo poggers

Chapter 14 | School start

-14-

I woke up again, in my bed and I was hungry, it was pretty late into the night so not much light shone in my room, yet I could see without problem. I guess there are some benefits too huh? 

 

Getting up from the bed and walking over to the mirror, I noticed a change in my eyes. Did I always have this golden section in my iris? Taking a closer look, a small part of my right eye was golden, compared to the duller brown surrounding it. Hope it doesn’t affect anything, I’ll need to ask mom once she is awake.

 

Thinking back to the mall trip, I’m surprised that no-one really called me out on my cat ears, did something change while I was in a coma? I remember reading about Japanese people and how they are… Conservative, to say the least.

 

My stomach growled, reminding me that I was hungry. I sneaked out of my room, it was probably 1 or 2am right now, so no one would be awake. Using my tail to balance myself better and somehow be way quieter, I managed to sneak the entire way down to the kitchen. Since I could see in the dark, I didn’t need to turn on the lights, meaning that I wouldn't be waking up anyone.

 

Going through the fridge, I didn't find anything tasty to snack on meaning that I searched in the various kitchen cabinets. I ended up finding a half empty bag of cat food, the scent from it was alluring. No! No eating cat food. But it smells so good! Argh. I gave myself a light slap on the cheek to remind myself not to eat cat food, but in the end hunger overran sanity and I took a bite. Just a pellet.

 

I tried one pellet, big mistake. Honestly, it tasted kind of bland yet savoury, it was as if I had two sets of taste buds that preferred different tastes and that got me confused pretty quickly, Hmm… I think I might have acquired a taste for cat food now. It’s nowhere as tasty as normal food but for a quick snack it was pretty good.

 

Moving on from the cat food ordeal I got some cereal and milk to eat, why you ask? Because the cat food reminded me of cereal.

 

I sneakily ate the cereal and when I was finished I put the bowl along with the spoon in the sink, sneaked my way up to my room and snuggled the blanket on my bed.

 

-o-

 

2 weeks later.

 

So, today was the school entrance ceremony and since I didn’t want to be late for it I needed to sleep early, but because of the fact that the entrance ceremony was the next day I couldn’t get a wink of sleep.

 

Waking up the next day was a chore, but thankfully Kaoru was also starting highschool. It might seem weird because I’m only 12, but let’s remember that I was in a coma for the last 3 years.

 

So after waking up, I got dressed. The summer school uniform had arrived some time ago and consisted of a light blue pleated skirt, white button up shirt with short sleeves, red necktie, and a navy blue blazer. Then there's the winter uniform, which consisted of a heavier blazer and sleeved shirt instead, the school dress code also allowed light makeup and hair ornaments, and also shorts or bloomers under the skirt at the students preference.

 

So after getting dressed I took a look at myself, the uniform was mostly perfectly fitting and the only real issue would be the tie, which was a bit too long for my liking but I could substitute it for a bow if I wanted to. I begrudgingly put on the pink collar, it would really make me stand out. I had been going out on walks, trying to get used to Yokohaba, thankfully not many people called out on my apparent features, some even thought they were some super advanced cosplay or something. 

 

Opening the door, and walking down the stairs I made sure I had everything I needed in my bag, it’s a single-strap carry bag, kind of like those sports bags. History, Japanese, English, Maths, all check! I had all the books I needed along with pencils and erasers.

 

Kaoru woke up a bit later than me, partly because she got a good night's sleep, sometimes I kind of envy her for being able to be care-free.

 

Breakfast consisted of toasted bread and different condiments, like cheese and ham. It was mildly hot this morning meaning that I probably didn’t need to wear my blazer, I took it off and tucked it into my school bag before putting on shoes and walking out the door with Kaoru, she herself had chosen to wear it. She had also set up her hair in a ponytail and had a pink hair clip on the left side to keep some of her hair away from her face.

 

The trip to the school wasn’t long, in fact it was pretty short and I could even take a detour to pass the cafe. The school consisted of three buildings, the main school building housing most of the classes, an administrative building and an inside gym. There is also a swimming pool and a running track, along with a field that could serve games such as soccer and basketball.

 

I stood outside the gate of the school, “Yokohaba General Highschool” was written on a sign next to it, and a wall made of part polished granite and iron bars surrounded the school grounds. I checked my phone, “Monday, 7:47am” Nice, I was 18 minutes early for the entrance ceremony and since today was a Monday there shouldn’t be any major lessons or periods.

 

Being just outside the gates there were quite a few other students already on their way to the entrance ceremony, some gave me a glance, others didn’t really think too much of it. The 2nd and 3rd years had already formed into their friend groups, while the new 1st years were still disorganized and forming groups.

 

My hair fluttered in the slight breeze. I took a deep breath, to calm my nerves and stepped forward. 

 

End of chapter 14


Yoooo poggggggg top spot lets goooo poggers pogchamp

join my discord server to get real time updates on the latest chapter:

https://discord.com/invite/pGfxwasXGH

stay awesome. also chapter 14.5 dropping in 36 hours

46