Chapter Two: After My Death
670 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unexpectedly for me, I felt a series of paragraphs containing information strike my brain and because of it, I began to feel a little bit of numbness along with pain. 

Is this what how it felt for the MC to suddenly receive memories and knowledge from a brand new world?

Will I be a villainess, a doomed cannon fodder, a crippled cultivator, or the disliked miss with either the title of 9th, 8th, 7th, 4th, 3rd, or even the young mistress of the First Wife? Pui! Why is it commonly those numbers I often seen in novel titles in my universe's timeline?! How much love making did those misses' father do?!

Will I be a pampered Duke or Minister's daughter that fell off a horse, tripped stupidly, fell off the window, or anything that caused brain damage? Who cares if I got engaged with an Emperor's son while I'm at it. I can't even mentally slap a person and I'm not as vicious as those women who are often knows how to kill in their previous life.

The worse-case scenario is...If I got transferred into a boy's body and forever be in conflict for looking gay because I am straight as an airplane's highway, and if I start liking girls, wouldn't that be considered lesbian as well since the soul is a female?!

Ahaha...I hope some men here are gay, or I can always just start liking females.

Mhm, mhm, there's no way telling that I've not been sent to a novel with a very OP Female Lead. I will use my plan to hug her thigh eternally in a non-perverted way!

I really miss my old planet and family right now...

Heck, the real important question I should be thinking of instead of being an anxious potato: is the information given by Celestial Guide short enough for me to quickly comprehend before getting my attention back to the floating demon? 

Apparently, this Celestial Guide, did not even try to compress the sentences briefly enough for me to quickly read it all.

ヽ(*'Д`*)ノ I don't want to get eaten by a ghoulish monster, I still have to go back home!

I became a Yōkai who is newly born into the World of Onmyōdō, where Onmyoji Masters are born to purify evil spirits, make contracts with a Shikigami, which are like Spiritual Beasts, but I am pretty sure that they will not like being called as a Spiritual Beast.

And lastly, the Onmyoji Masters has their own cultivation process, which is to gain Ying Energies and Yang Energies. 

They can either purify or defeat evil spirits, or in this matter, Yōkais, in order to gain Yang Energies. As for how to obtain Ying Energies, they have to help lost and kind spirits to reach the other side of the bridge of the Lost Realm to the Spirit World in order to gain tranquility and be sent back to the cycle of reincarnation.

There are other ways as well, but this is the most basic, common, and easiest ways for Onmyoji Masters.

For the reason why Ying and Yang Energies are important in this world, it's pretty much mana in games, but they are used for specific-types of spells. 

Yang is used for purification, light, healing, and defensive spells, while in the other hand, Ying is used for corruption, darkness, magical poison, curses, and of course, combat and high-damage attacks. 

Briefly speaking, to give an example to this certain Celestial that's supposed to be guiding me instead of killing me right away, Ying and Yang has purposes opposite to each other.

As for why they make contracts with Shikigamis, they are very useful spirits servants to do their master's work, and even dirty work such as stealing and spying, even killing another living person!

I'm extremely rare times, Onmyoji Masters can make a deal with Shinigamis, which are Deities of Death, not to be confused with the word Shikigami, who are spirit servants.

What deal does an Onmyoji Master make with a Shinigami? Well, Celestial Guide didn't insert that part to the set of knowledge that came in this world that went into my brain.

"I'm sorry for eating you at such an infant age, but a Yōkai gotta eat, okay?" The floating demon spoke when he noticed that the baby-sized creature in front of him wasn't speaking.

I'm a baby for crying out loud! I know that you ghosts don't have any physical bodies, but at least have a functioning mental brain?!

○| ̄|__

[Celestial Guide: Subject Two has been given the ability called Lord of Languages, duration of one hour is given before said ability will lose its effects]

Dear mother, I think I'm going to get killed by this System's stupidity and lack of sympathy...

Oh well, might as use the ability the Celestial Guide had given to me. It's better than nothing. "Hey you! I'm just an infant, how much Ying and Yang Energies will you get from such a tiny body?" I spoke logically. Now, the information given by Celestial Guide didn't mention how much Ying and Yang Energies can a Yokai's or Human's body  contain.

The floating demon gave a thought and went: "Wow! You are right talking infant. I won't gain anything by eating your body. I was actually gonna waste my time on a small thing, huh." With my logic bearing a good fruit at the end, the floating demon went on its way and disappeared.

Ah, finally some peace and quiet.

"Hey, Celestial Guide, can you take me back home now?" I requested nicely this time, in hopes of persuading this sadistic System. Just because I was given a lot of information of this world, doesn't mean I'll adapt to it like most MC would!

I just got ran over by a truck you know? I should be a ghost back in my world because I left some unfinished business instead of reincarnating into a magical world full of Yōkais aka classes of spirits, demons, and spiritual monsters.

[Celestial Guide: Your family has been reincarnated into this world. So, there is no need to go back to your previous life.]

I'm not sure if I should be shocked, happy, or upset about that. I felt that my insides were in a state of mixed emotions.

"Then, at least tell me what happened when I died?" I requested again. My voice sounded a bit desperate, but I wanted to know how my small family that consisted of one mother and my younger sister handled my unexpected death.

[Celestial Guide: ...Proposal, this one has understood and will now activate Vivid Projection onto Subject Two]

Surprisingly, the Celestial Guide accepted my request willingly for the first time?! Wait, he even showed a bit of emotion...?

(*゚ロ゚) Th-This System has feelings after all?!

I was about to show my gratitude until my surroundings darkened and turned into a city-like scene.

And then, like a movie, the important events after my death showed up like a sad story made by a director.

My poor mother was utterly shocked after finding out that I was hit by a truck, specifically being chased after, and that no one who was witnessing it did something to prevent my life from being ran over.

She begged to see my body, but it was a too gruesome and heartbreaking scene for her to see. Therefore, she was unable to see me one last time. She couldn't even see my dead body even in my funeral since my body was, erm...amputated in multiple places and some parts were crushed.

My dear mother cried nightly and grieved everyday. As for my precious little sister, she...grieved as well and was unable to find happiness even when she grew up to a fine lady.

Shortly after my death, my mother died due to a poor heart and her untreated illness. My younger sister was left alone and got transferred into foster care, but she never gave her love to her foster parents, albeit she did respect and felt gratitude for their kindness of adopting her.

She even filed a case of the witnesses who did not help me prevent my death. However, the court objected her proposal since my world's culture states that reincarnation is very real because of many cases in people showing abnormalities in their mind after they woke up falling off a flights of stairs or even losing signs of life, and then after a day, showed signs of life as well as a contrast personality to the past personality of the said person.

They never found out the truck's tracks after I was hit by it. Like magic, it appeared out of nowhere and vanished after its killing.

I felt guilty and regretful for not running fast enough. If I was still alive, my mother and younger would not have suffered because of my sudden death.

"Celestial Guide, where did that truck come from?" I questioned seriously. I wasn't going to take no for an answer and I will keep asking until time has come to an end.

If I never find out who my murderer is, I will never feel peace for all eternity!

As if the system heard my thoughts and feelings of determination, it let out a somewhat sigh and a text box afterwards.

[Celestial Guide: I will answer your question, if you find your mother and younger sister in this lifetime. If not, then find ways to hop from world after world until you find them. Only then, will I give your desired answer.]

This was pretty kind enough act from this sadistic, psychopathic, cold, and cruel system! Might as well give them all the insults in my world until I ran out.

I thought Systems are Cheat Engines in novels?! Why does this System seems to be the one who is taking over control?

(҂⌣̀_⌣́) Did I have a bugged-out System that's why it isn't functioning properly?!

Gah, someone please fix it so I can make everything back to normal!

17