Chapter 5: First Mission
503 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey, Celestial Guide, are you going to let me just die or what? I was fuming in frustration. Ever since I was reincarnated into this world, I've been trying to survive and avoiding getting eaten...

As for Celestial Guide, heh, they are just leisurely enjoying their existence and watching me suffer.

I don't even know if they are a Beginner-Type System, an Average-Type System, a Senior-Type System, or a God-Type System. Hell, I bet their title as Celestial Guide is just a hoax! Screw all of those types I've just mentioned, this is a Sadistic-Type of System!

Never in my previous life have I seen a system like this in all of the novels I have finished. Maybe there are, but I am definitely not the right host to have them intact to me.

As for the MCs who receives missions from their Systems, mine just likes to torment me. But I didn't need missions anyways, my family has reincarnated into this world as well and I have to go find them real soon. Even if...they don't remember me, I still want to see them.

Helllooo, Almighty Immortal may you be merciful and get me out of this before I turned into a dish?! I impatiently questioned as my orbs stared nervously at the Divine Doctor. 

She glared back while her hands were in the process of sharpening a kitchen knife that was about to slice me into sushi...

○| ̄|_

[Celestial Guide: Subject Two, a new permanent cheat, or skill, that is not in your cheat set is never gained so easily from this System. You have to execute missions given to you like some of the other systems has done to their host. Only then will you receive items or perhaps even a new permanent cheat, or skill. For now, I can only give you temporary ones, but you may use your available cheats and skill, which is skill: Cultivate and the three pair of cheats called: The Genie, The Wisp Shapeshifter, and the Crow's Misfortune. Does Subject Two desire to have me explain each cheat's purposes if her brain cannot comprehend what they already mean by their names?]

The good news is, Celestial Guide had actually paused the world to speak out a long paragraph and just to talk to me!

The bad news is, they still insult my existence!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Before I can even retort, the System didn't give me a chance and began to speak again...

[Celestial Guide: The cheat called The Genie will allow the user to grant only one wish to any person they have encountered. It cannot be used for the user itself, and only works on others. The more you grant wishes, the more Karma Points and Power Source you will receive.

The second cheat called The Wisp Shapeshifter grants you the ability to shape shift, therefore the name, into any beings if you touched them.

The last cheat, Crow's Misfortune, can cause extremely bad luck to those who surrounds you. Be it your enemy, or your lover. If they are always with you, the more misfortune will be passed onto them. It is recommended for you to silently kill off annoying flies, such as antagonists who are brats. But it won't work on Systems, or extremely powerful identities such as myself.]

With that, Celestial Guide's gave me a long lecture of my cheats and my skill's purposes and names! I felt so touched while they were speaking that I thought I was dreaming.

But then suddenly, they had to brag about themselves and that just fouled my positive mood.

The System also added additional information regarding Karma Points and Power Source so that I wouldn't be pestering him with any more questions.

The purpose of Karma Points is simple, the higher your Heaven Meter of your Karma is, the more you will gain better fortune, and vice versa for the Nightmare Meter, you will receive very bad omens if it is higher than the Heaven Meter.

As for the Power Source, the System said that it has two types that contributes to the following mains: strength, agility, intelligence, persistence, and senses. It also has secondaries that are: beauty, health, and magic.

The mains being the first type and the secondaries being the second type, to avoid any confusion.

[Celestial Guide: Is Subject Two ready to enter? The pause will end in three, two, one...-]

Just as expected, this sadistic Celestial Guide will never give me the time to plan out what to do while the world is currently being paused...

○| ̄|_

The moment the System announced the end of the countdown, the entire world began to move normally again. However, I have to think quickly or else I'll be inside a potluck with all of my misfortunes inside!

Under such a short time limit, my brain immediately tried to make up a conclusion regarding my cheats.

My first cheat is already a big no-no in this situation, the third cheat will not make an instant affect, and therefore my second cheat will be the one most helpful among the two.

I could have thought of a better idea, maybe, but I was under pressure of the images of being cooked alive...

As for me making use of my Wisp Shapeshifter, I did my upmost best to recall the best candidate identity I have touched so far.

Both Doi and Danno have touched me, or let's just say in a more innocent terms, that Doi and Danno have physically-wait, that sounds even more worse, let me try again...

That Doi and Danno made contact to my form through the action of carrying me, even though I had a blanket covering my infant body.

En, that sounds nicer and more PG, albeit I do have my doubts on my shapeshifting cheat since the two Yōkais didn't actually directly made contact to my form.

As for that Ori General Cheng, he is the best candidate I have thought of.

Oh well, it won't hurt to try as the old saying goes.

When I have finished making my plan, the Divine Doctor was finished cutting vegetables and meat on the cutting board and began to cover me with the pieces she had sliced.

I was petrified, but I didn't allow myself to be stunned and turned into a feast just yet.

For how in the world I am able to activate my shapeshifting cheat, I um...didn't know how to activate it. I guess I should try to imagine the scary ori general's body structure?

I focused calmly inside my mind and tried to recall how General Cheng looked like. I hope he doesn't chase after me after I had shape shifted into his form, I was merely just trying to escape death you know!

Luckily, the Goddess of Fortune had given me a real blessing for the day.

I was focusing on imagining how General Cheng looked like that under a millisecond I had suddenly poof and appeared to be in his form!

The pot had been destroyed since General Cheng's body structure was too big for it, and too strong for it to hold. I actually felt extremely weird having a wrestler-on-steroids body, but I felt powerful as energies of Yin and Yang went inside my body as if it was being sucked by a vacuum cleaner.

I also earned General Cheng's memories and his attacks that he possess. This shape shifting does not only grant you its form, it grants you its everything about the body and its identity!

I felt like General Cheng himself, if not for my soul still being a confused and scared sixteen-year old telling me to run away quickly.

After admiring my cheat, I quickly ran ahead through the concrete wall and left the remaining people who were about to cook me utterly speechless.

Of course, I didn't plan on running towards to the exit of this massive-size of a Clan, but instead planned on catching a bird so I can have their form.

Was it easy? Ahaha...no.

The birds were horrified when they saw me chasing after them with a face of come here or I'll snap you. It really wasn't my intentions to scare them away, really! This body is just too scary for weaklings, such as myself, to see directly!

I decided to accelerate my speed using the body's Ying and Yang energies. It worked wonders and I was able to caught one of the birds running away. I had to be gentle as not to crush them with my manly hands and get undesired stuffs around me, or General Cheng's copycat body in this case.

Immediately, I shape shifted into the bird that I touched.

Now, this is the moment when I found out that even if you transform into a stronger identity and get all of their good stuffs, the Yin and Yang energy that you received will disappear, while the memories and the knowledge of attacks will be ingrained into your mind.

For a good cheat, it has a bad side for some reason?!

You know, if I can just touch all of the strongest beings in this world and shape shift into their forms one after another, I'll be able to get all of their Yin and Yang energies, their memories, and their list of attacks. Therefore, I'll be able to become the strongest being in the world and easily find my family!

<\>ヮ<///>

If only, my cheat allowed me to keep all of the Yin and Yang energies...

I wasn't at the best situation to allow sorrow inside my head when I heard a loud ringing sound throughout my surroundings.

For whatever important reason, the Clan decided to sound a screeching siren and searched everywhere for the copycat of General Cheng who escaped the clenches of the evil Divine Doctor and that Kaito boy who wanted to eat this young lady!

Shape shifting into General Cheng's form wasn't the best idea, but I had no choice, okay? Neither Danno or Doi are able to actually break that cursed pot I was inside in!

However, they didn't notice my presence while I was in my bird form as I continued to flap and flap my wings as if I had no tomorrow.

Which I won't if I don't escape.

But I successfully managed and all was well for me at the moment. I wandered in a deep and dark forest that surrounded the Clan's structures and platforms as far as I could until I felt that I was now safe.

[Celestial Guide: Subject Two has successfully escaped the Divine Doctor's Wrath, will you now accept the main mission #1?]

Since I didn't feel like I had a choice, I quietly sighed out of fatigue and nodded my head unwillingly.

[Celestial Guide: As I have said before regarding the MC of the story I have mentioned, the story is called: Reincarnated to be the Godly Onmyoji Master of the Onmyōdō Dimension, and some of the story's events will he showed in this book.]

Out of nowhere, a novel with a cover of the usual handsome male lead revealed itself. The words on the novel's cover were surprisingly in Chinese and thus, I found myself to be relieved to see something very familiar.

I had to transform into Danno out of random of picking between him and Doi since my original form is a baby. I will not be able to read the book comfortably as I wanted it to be, so I had decided to shape shift into a grown adult.

I flipped pages after pages before silently nodding my head up and down. This is the common xianxia plot line, but it had gone rotten!

The MC of the story is an adult who acts like a hormonal teenager who is named to be Jackson Levid. He died via an accident at the age of thirty and reincarnated into this terrifying world.

In fact, he reincarnated two years ahead of me and thus, he is two years older than me.

But, I consider him infinitely more lucky than me since he will technically get everything in the future and was born into a wealthy family, even if he was considered to be a crippled for the rest of his life.

Hey, at least the guy gets food, water, and a shelter with the benefits of having a good set of events ahead in this lifetime.

He was taken into a lowly Onmyoji Clan when he turned six and got bullied by a group of young boys from there on. However, he wasn't kicked out since he as favored by an Female Elder whose name is Hikari, a famed Onmyoji Master of the lowly clan.

Even though she is an Elder of a lowly clan, her skills matches of that of an Elder from one of the top Clans of the Onmyōdō World. However, since her young sibling is the Head Clan Leader of the lowly clan, she decided to become one of his Elders since she dotes on him so much.

This is the reason why the group of bully decided to harass Jackson, who was later named to be Hiroto by Hikari. 

As to how Hiroto was able to speak and understand Japanese even though he came from a foreign country, all credits goes to his Cheat System.

Just thinking about his Cheat System makes me so frustrated and envious! Why did my System turn out to be a complete sadist asshat?!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Anyways, Hiroto's Cheat System grants him the ability to copy anyone's ability and can harvest thousands upon thousands of Yin and Yang energies. This cheat obviously lead to Hikari having great interest upon the young male for having such a large amount of Yin and Yang Energies at just the age of six.

He also has the Male Lead's Halo that is upon his head shining brightly and making anyone who hates him become blind.

At the age of eighteen, he went inside the Yōkai Dimension and destroyed one of the Five Great Clans of the Yōkai Empire.

Apparently, there are two dimensions inside the book: The Onmyoji (Onmyōdō) Dimension and the Yōkai Dimension. If you are a strong identity, you can enter both of the dimensions at ease without the help of teleportation and the such.

While the Male Lead was inside the Yōkai Dimension, this is where his MASSIVE harem is formed.

They are all women in different races and obviously, the male lead has kinks.

Now, who am I in the story? I wasn't mentioned so I  guess I can do whatever I please.

What makes my System a bit different from some Systems is that it doesn't lock you up with rules and then ask you to enter a world that gives you the task of defeating a character lead or something.

I can destroy the story as I liked, become a part of the story if possible, or just simply standby and do whatever I please depending on the mission that is given. Hopefully, it isn't too complex for me to finish. I'm just a sixteen-year old dammit!

[Celestial Guide: Subject Two's first main mission is to become the villain of the story's lover and take down the male lead and his Harem. 

Your submissions are written below:

1.) Become the male lead's love interest he will chase after.

2.) Become the antagonist's sweetheart.

3.)Become the strongest Onmyoji Master in order to cross the Spirit Dimension.

If you have complete a submission or has executed a main mission, Subject Two will be granted cheat points to buy a cheat skill in the catalog store if you do not desire me having to create one for you whenever you deem yourself worthy in situations.]

Wah!~ Finally, something that helps me instead of torturing my already broken soul. (~-v-)~

But for my first mission and submissions, isn't this a little too difficult?

8