Shiki 1
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It hurts! It hurts so much! Please, make it stop, it hurts so much! I.. I can't make it stop! There's too much blood and it hurts so much, please make it stop.

I'm down on my knees, soon I will probably be down on my back. I want to stand up, but I can't. My legs, they won't move. My body, it won't move.

Why hasn't anybody found me yet? Does no one love me? Does no one miss me? No, they must be looking for me in the wrong place. I'm sure somebody will find me soon, somebody will find me and save me.

 

I'm tired, so tired. But I cannot give in, I cannot sleep. To sleep means to die, I must stay strong. But my body can't take it anymore, perhaps I should just lie down for a while, save my strength until help arrives. Yes, yes that would be best. Save my strength. Help will be here soon.

 

My entire body is numb, I can't feel any pain, no discomfort, nothing at all. It's kind of nice. It's like my body is sleeping, but I'm not. Maybe I should be sleeping.

 

So long world.

 

Suddenly,

 

I feel something rough underneath me. ‘The floor is supposed to be smooth…’ I thought to myself.

 

I open my eyes, and see a strange place. Cobblestone walls that reach, at least, 40 meters (131~ ft) in height and the floor is also made from cobblestones, just like the walls they are sandy in colour. I look around again. It's dark... very dark I can barely see 3 meters (10~ ft) in front of me, I found the reason why the walls are lined with wood burning torches about 20 meters up. ‘How does anyone expect me to see in this lighting?’ I asked myself genuinely puzzled.

 

I then look around me and I see the silhouettes of people. I began to wonder ‘How did all these people get here? If this many people were kidnapped then why hasn’t the news covered this before?’ 

 

My thoughts got me nowhere, however I suddenly remember dying just before waking up. ‘ Am I dead? Are all these people dead? Is this he...’ I was going to continue that train of thought before a strange thing happened.

 

A small dragon plush, that was being illuminated, started talking. “Hello Dirtborn!!! I am Drago your guide and judge... Now many of you are probably wondering where you are, well do I have good news for you!! You are not in hell!! Although some of you probably should be. Anyways you are in the Catacombs, the boundary between True Death and False Death. Here you will survive for as long as you are able to!! Now we wouldn’t let you just go into The Catacombs without a means of survival. So that’s why if you say ‘Status’ you’ll be able to see any gifts that we decided to give you based off of the time when you were still alive! So that’s all I have for you today, bye bye!!”

 

‘I knew it!’ I thought to myself.

 

Finding out that all of us are dead, didn’t surprise me, what did though is that we have powers based off of our previous life? What would I call the period of when I was still walking among the living, The time that I was still alive?

 

“Status” I said those magical words that any otaku, or weeb, have dreamed of saying and what popped up was surprising.

Name

Aoi Shiki

Class

None

Life

450

Stamina

300

Power

2

Quickness

1.5

Perception

15

Survival

1

Adaption

3

Luck

0.2

Weapon

Twin Steel Daggers

Amour

None

 

Regeneration

Allows Shiki to regenerate an arm without expending any energy, anything bigger than an arm requires spending stamina to fully heal.

Dagger Mastery

Gains the knowledge of a Dagger Master, but still needs to practice using a Dagger.

Murphy’s Law

Allows Shiki to manipulate Murphy’s Law whenever he wants. (Active)

Brings misfortune to the User and those around them. (Passive)

 

I had expected us to not be given any kind of weapon. I wondered how I could bring out the dagger, I searched myself and nothing, there was no sign of a dagger on myself. I then had an idea if we have to say ‘Status’ to view the status. Maybe it requires me to say something to equip it. So I whisper “Equip!”

 

Suddenly…

 

I feel weight in both of my hands, glancing down I see two daggers in my hands. They feel cold, and ridgid, the edges are sharp and I feel as if I could really kill someone with these. They are about 30 centimeters long with 9 centimeters being used for the handles and the rest being for the blades. The blades have 3 cut outs on the back edge, probably for catching other blades and breaking them.

 

As I was admiring my daggers, the people around me were restless, probably realizing that they are dead. Then a man calls out to the people.

 

“EVERYONE! Calm down, we can work through this. If what we heard is correct the safest course of action is sitting together to find out what ‘The Catacombs’ are.”

Everyone seemed to agree with him, but I didn’t want to put my life(?) in the hand of a stranger… again. So I don’t let anyone stop me, weaving through people to get to the front, all so I can see what the entrance to The Catacombs is. After running through the people I find that I just keep running and running until the cobblestones change colour from sandy yellow to cool grey. Moss starts to appear and the air gets cooler and damper. The walls height is shorter as well being only 5 meters (16~ ft) tall. I think this is The Catacombs.

Tell me if it sucked, if it's interesting, or whatever the hell you want to tell me.

0