Shiki 2
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking around I found out that there is no exit behind me anymore, and it is a lot brighter now that the torches are only connected 2.5 meters (8~ ft) from the floor. I decided to search the walls and floor for anything that might help me, in the end I found nothing. So I walked forward while checking around me, just in case I found something that might be able to help me. After walking, for what seems like 10 minutes, I saw a small green child-like thing. It was ugly and it smelled horrible not to mention it only had a loincloth on, and a crude dagger in its arm. I of course knew what it was, a goblin.

 

I was about 2 meters away from the goblin. I looked around and found no other goblins. ‘I guess this is what that puppet meant by survival.’ I thought to myself.

 

Not seeing it move from its position, I assumed that it didn’t hear my footsteps. So I slowly walk towards it daggers up, the one in my left being reverse grip and the one in my right being normal grip. I continued walking until the goblin turned in my direction, I was about 1.2 meters away from it now. It saw me and had a toothy grin on its ugly face, it had waited for me to get closer to it.

 

I looked around to see why it had waited and noticed small holes in the wall to my right. I see the goblin go to the wall on my left and press in one of the cobblestones. ‘Arrow trap!’ is what I think as I run towards the goblin, that side having less holes in the wall for less arrows.

 

I hear mechanical gears turning behind me, getting closer, and after I hear the gears I hear the arrows being fired out of their mechanism. Between me and the end of the arrow trap is 1 meter, but I don’t think I can make it considering that just behind me the arrows have been fired. I quickly think of anything that could help me out of this situation, and then I remember one of my skills has an active component. Just like when I need to see my status, or equip my daggers, I call out the skill’s name. “Murphy’s Law!” I scream out as loud as I can.

 

Then the sound of gears shattering enters my ears. The goblin doesn’t look too happy with the fact that I survived. Before I get the chance to act smug about ruining the goblin’s plan; I feel I have a splitting headache and my entire body feels like it’s on fire. I assumed that this must be the backlash to my skill. Just then as I was recovering I see the goblin charging towards me; with speed that it’s little body shouldn’t be able to produce.

 

After reaching me the goblin tries to stab me in the stomach, but I avoid and try to stab it in the neck, but it moves causing me to stab it in the shoulder. I see it ready. It's dagger again to stab me, but with my dagger still in it’s shoulder I wrap my arm around it’s head, and stab it straight through the neck with my other dagger. It squirms a bit before finally dying; I thought I would feel something after killing it but I felt nothing. I wondered if that ‘incident’ changed me more than I thought.

 

I continued to walk down the corridor. Seeing if I might be able to find hidden switches, by searching the walls. I found nothing within the first 10 minutes of searching, however I did find a room. It was huge, about 21 meters (69~ ft) in length on all sides, and made out of a different stone than everywhere else. It was dark blue with smaller teal parts throughout. The teal parts seemed to be providing the light as the entire room was illuminated even when the torches were halfway up the walls like before.

 

Looking towards the center of the room I found 6 goblins huddled around a campfire. I decided that instead of facing them all by charging forward, I should instead search the perimeter for any hidden rooms or hidden switches. Moving around the perimeter counter-clockwise from my position, I hug the wall searching for anything. After 10 minutes of searching the far wall I find a switch pressing it in a hidden room is revealed. At the far end to the room is a small wooden chest that looks as though I could break it open with my bare hands.

 

I walk up to the chest and open it. Inside there is a small metal container with a pin at the top. I assume that it is a type of grenade, although I have no idea what kind of grenade it is. I searched the hidden room again and found a small crack in the northern(?) wall. Surprisingly, I could fit my arm through the crack and feel something, I grabbed it. It turned out to be a glass bottle filled with some misty, slime, white stuff.

 

Leaving the room; I see that none of the goblins seem to have moved. Looking closer it appears that they are sleeping, except one who appears to be keeping the fire from burning out. I walk around the room until I’m on the opposite side from the hidden wall. I looked around and found one cobblestone that I could push in; making sure that there is nothing that could kill me near me, I pushed it. Suddenly, the fire that the goblins kept tending to erupted into a blazing inferno, swallowing the goblins whole until they became nothing but ash. The smell of burning flesh permeated throughout the room, and caused me to vomit up my stomach acid.

 

I decided to leave the room after that, wanting to get away from the smell.

Second chapter, whoop whoop! Anyways Shiki killed his first few monsters and found out how Murphy's Law works. He will continue to find new items, and soon, maybe in 2 chapters, he will have a place to put them, instead of just holding them. Tell me if it suck, if it was interesting, or whatever the hell you want to tell me.

0