Chapter 1: Cave Quid Volunt
2.1k 68 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So this is my second novel ever on this site and I'm excited to start off like this! Oh and I made a poll on the bottom with various monster girls to choose from for our MC to turn into. No Lamia though as I already did that...

 

My name is Vincent Hamilton and I, if all the girls in school were to be believed, am weird. An avid fan of Japanese media, specifically anime and manga, I especially like monster girls. I'm even reading a web novel called "I'm in a Monster Girl World!" by a some rando called TheMangaGod. Pretentious name right? Thinks they're so special. Anyways I'm a fan of all kinds of monster girl content and even own the Monster Girl Encyclopedia.

 

That being said. I never expected to become one when I made a wish on that genie, I mean who screws up their wish that badly?


It all started on a normal day with absolutely no indication that it would be different than any other day. I was going to my Psychology class at a local community college, I can't afford a "real" college, and chatting with my best friend and the only person as obsessed with monster girls as me, Aaron Blaskovich. He even had a "Touch Fluffy Tail" shirt on with a picture of a cute foxgirl. I never had the courage to wear something like that in public but the dude had waaaay worse shirts at home like his ahegao sweater that he wore every winter, the mad lad!

 

Making our way to class I noticed some of the "popular girls" making disgusted faces at us as we passed. Aaron, of course, completely ignored them as he rambled on about some ancient archeological find his dad had made recently. Apparently he'd sent some minor artifacts home to be worked on in his home office and Aaron was complaining about the lack of space. 

 

[Oh right! Do you wanna come and look at one of the cooler pieces? It's some kind of oil lamp and it has a bunch of monster girl like carvings on it. Stuff like harpies and lamia's!] - Aaron

[Really? That sounds way cooler than that 1000 year old pottery from last time! Count me in!] - Vincent

 

I had been zoning out for the last while so I didn't hear where exactly his dad had excavated the oil lamp from but I suppose it doesn't matter and if it has monster girls on it then I definitely want to see it! This wasn't the first time that Aaron's dad had sent smaller artifacts home but usually it only amounted to partially broken pottery or pieces of tools so small they were basically worthless. Anything really interesting was usually sent straight to his office at the museum he worked at so I didn't know why something intact hadn't been sent there instead but I wasn't about to complain.

 

[Cool beans dude, we'll head over after class, you don't have Bio Lab today right?] - Aaron

[Nah fam that's only on Wednesday and Friday. Plus I'm failing it anyway, should've dropped it when I was able to.] - Vincent

[Damn dude that sucks, I thought you loved science stuff?] - Aaron

[I do but I can't seem to concentrate on stuff that low level so it backfire's and I only end up doing well on the tests while forgetting to do the homework.] - Vincent

[Well shit dude why didn't you take a higher level class then?] - Aaron

[This is America, 200 level college classes may as well be high school level. Even the teacher complained about how "we should have learned everything in this class in high school".] - Vincent

[True that... oh class is starting! Let's get a seat near the back.] - Aaron

 

Nodding at his suggestion we quickly made our way to the back row of seats as the teacher called attendance. I noticed one of the girls from earlier eyeing me but discounted it as nothing as the teacher finished her roll call and pulled up a slide show that we had started last class. We were in for another boring day I guess.


[I see what you mean when you were complaining about the amount, Jesus dude it's taking over the damn house!] - Vincent

 

Stacks and stacks of boxes of various sizes were spread all over Aaron's living room with some of them opened but most were still sealed shut. It looked like he hadn't even made it through a third of them yet.

 

[You didn't call me over here just to help you clean this garbage up right? Did you at least order some pizza as a bribe?] - Vincent

[Meat Lover's actually and no that's not the ONLY reason, although I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of them.] - Aaron

[Hah! Fuck you dude if you weren't feeding me I'd leave you alone to clean all this shit up by yourself.] - Vincent

[Yeah yeah I believe you, you big softy.] - Aaron

[Tch! Well let's hammer this out real quick so we can eat! After that comes to good stuff!] - Vincent

 

Starting on the smaller boxes first we made our way through the various artifacts while waiting for the pizza to show up.


Finally, after what felt like hours, the doorbell rang with our pizza delivery. Paying the man Aaron and I quickly tore into the Meat Lover's with a side of garlic bread, my favorite was usually Chicken Bacon Ranch but this was a close second. Regardless though free food was free food and while I might complain about the artifact sorting the truth was that his dad was aware that I help him out with these big shipments and he would wire me a little spending money each time so I wasn't too pissed off.

 

After finishing off the entire pizza between the two of us we sat back on the couch, savoring the feeling of being full. After bullshitting back and forth for a little bit I finally brought up the "reason" that I had come over in the first place, the oil lamp.

 

[Hey dude let's look at that oil lamp now. I wanna see some ancient monster girls!] - Vincent

[Sure thing, I put it in my dad's office, I was gonna try rubbing it to see if a genie came out or some bullshit like that but wanted to wait for you first...] - Aaron

[Hahaha! Like that'll fucking happen, if it does I'll give you the first wish man!] - Vincent

 

Weaving through the crate's we still hadn't sorted through yet we made our way to the room at the far end of the house. Opening the door I saw the dull metal sheen of a oil lamp that looked like it came right out of a god damn Dosney movie. The only difference was carvings of various mythological monsters all over the metal surface, all of them seeming to be worshipping some sun shaped thing that was carved into the lid of the lamp. I had to admit that the lamp was beautiful, in fact the monster girls were almost real looking in spite of the small size of the carvings.

 

[Tada! What do you think?] - Aaron

[Holy shit dude that's so fucking cool! I call first dibs on rubbing it!] - Vincent

 

Playfully pushing and shoving each other Aaron pretended to lose with a look of mock betrayal on his face.

 

[Noooo! Now I can't wish for scantily clad bikini harpy girls!] - Aaron

[Ham it up dumbass, I wish for the both of us! Hahahaha!] - Vincent

 

Using the rag on Aarons father's desk I began rubbing the carvings to clean off some of the grime and get a better look at them not actually expecting anything to happen. That expectation was dashed a moment later however as the room started shaking suddenly.

 

Dropping the lamp I immediately grabbed the desk to keep myself from falling over. Expecting the lamp to hit the ground I didn't hear the anticipated clang of metal on wooden floor boards, instead the thing seemed to be floating in midair and a purple cloud was streaming out of it's spout.

 

[Holy shit it's real!] - Aaron

[...!] - Vincent

 

Mouth open in surprise I watched as the gathering smoke coalesced into the shape of a woman. A very attractive woman. A very attractive woman in a harem outfit that looked exactly like a certain dancing half-genie stepped out of her video game to greet the world.

 

[Greetings my master's! I am the genie of the lamp! Tell me your three wishes and the world shall be as you desire!] - Rip-off Genie Character

[Holy shit!] - Aaron

[I second that!] - Vincent

[Ahh I see that the master's are unsure of thine wishes, if thou wish thou may talk amongst thineselves before claiming thine desire's.] - Rip-off Genie Character

[A-Ahem! M-Miss genie? Umm do we both get three wishes each?] - Vincent

[The Universe may only accept the wishes of... <cough cough> Ahh fuck it! Nah kid you both only have three wishes between the two of ya, figure it out for yourself how ya want to split them.] - New Yorker Genie?

 

Coughing in the middle of her speech the genie suddenly changed her accent, picking up a noticeable Manhattan tone and leaning back on her cloud lazily.

 

[W-What just happened?] - Aaron

[Ah that whole mysterious bit? Ya I started doin that a couple thousand years ago cause some sage asshole's were complaining about my manner's but I figure they's all dead by now anyway so no point anymore...] - New Yorker Genie?

[Okay but why New York?] - Vincent

[Oh yeah that's where I've been living the past 100 or so years, guess I picked up the accent. Right, the name's Gene. Cliche I know but what can you do...] - Gene the fucking Genie

[Anyways ya gonna wish or what?] - Gene the fucking Genie

[H-Hold on a moment, we need to discuss amongst ourselves.] - Aaron

[Suit yaself.] - Gene the fucking Genie

 

Grabbing my shoulder's and pulling me to the corner of the room Aaron glanced over to see Gene disinterestedly pick at one of the artifacts on his father's desk before pulling me close to his face and whispering.

 

[Okay so that fucking happened! How do you want to do this?] - Aaron

[I think it's only fair if we each get one wish and then a wish for the both of us, that way it's even.] - Vincent

[Okay but what are we gonna wish for?] - Aaron

[How bout we wish for the both of us to be amazingly attractive as our group wish? Sound good?] - Vincent

[Cool! Then I know what I'm going for in my wish!] - Aaron

 

Turning back towards the genie we approached her once again.

 

[Oh great genie of the lamp we have chosen our wishes!] - Aaron

[Yeah can we hurry this along I got a Pilates class in 30 minutes that I can't miss...] - Gene the fucking Genie

[Y-Yeah I guess, well for our first wish, I wish we were both the most attractive people possible!] - Aaron

[Done! What's next?] - Gene the fucking Genie

 

Turning to look at me Aaron motioned for me to do my wish first which I gladly took him up on.

 

[My wish is that Monster Girls were real and in this world!] - Vincent

 

Looking proud of myself cause I knew genie's often warped wishes in stories and I didn't want her being like, [Well I made Monster Girls real on Alpha Centauri so good luck getting to them!] The last wish went to Aaron and after I made my wish he only had one more thing he could possibly want.

 

[And for our last wish, I wish we were both rich enough to never have to work another day in our lives!] - Aaron

[Hahahaha! I can work with that! I mean seriously out of the three wishes you only had one that I've never heard before! Talk bout stereotypes! Haven't you ever heard of what genie's do to wishes?] - Gene the fucking terrifying Genie

[W-Wait what?] - Aaron

[Well it's too late now! I'm going to have fun with you two! Hahahaha!] - Gene the "We Really Should Have thought this through better" Genie

 

Reveling in our panicked expressions as we realized that we fucked up she snapped her finger's and the world went black.

What Monster Girl Should Vincent Become?
  • Arachne Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Centaur Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dryad Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Fairy Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Harpy Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 69 · This poll was closed on Nov 8, 2020 08:47 AM.
41