Chapter 2: 6 Inches?
1.8k 29 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So after a poll that was closer, like way WAAAAAY closer, than I was expecting Fairy won by exactly a single vote. Because of this I have decided to do 2 route's for this novel. This will be the main route or Route F for Fairy if you will and I will be posting another novel with the same first chapter that instead follows a timeline where the MC becomes an Arachne instead or Route A for Arachne. I will be dropping the second chapter of that one on Friday for Patreon's then the following Friday here while this one will always drop on or around Monday if I can help it. Enjoy!

 

[Haaaaaaa! What a weird dream...] - Vincent?

 

Scratching my stomach as I get out of bed I don't notice that everything is covered with light pinks and blues with plant highlights as I make my way to my bathroom. Unfortunately I had been kicked out of my parents house as soon as I hit 18 so I lived alone which was a lot harder than I had expected it to be. The result of this was a tiny 1 bedroom/1 bath apartment with a even smaller kitchenette.

 

Brushing my teeth lazily I turned on the water for a bath, I still had class today but since everything was in the evening I had time to relax and unwind after that weird dream I had last night. And god knows I needed time in the morning as I wasn't a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, in fact Aaron had once told me that I was so out of it in the morning that I wouldn't notice Elephant's having a party in my living room.

 

Speaking of the Elephant's in the room I found myself staring downward at my own body that I had finally noticed, my toothbrush hanging loosely as I had stopped supporting it.

 

[What the fuck!?!?!?!?] - Vincent?

 

Breasts! I had boobs! Titty's! Tata's! Bazonga's! I mean sure they seemed small but from my perspective as someone that had never seen breasts from this angle before they looked enormous! Hearing the telltale sign of water overflowing from my bath I quickly shut off the water before turning back to the mirror.

Wiping my tiny hands across the mirror's surface to get rid of the steam I froze once more. Not because of being a girl, although that had something to do with it, but because my body looked like anime had stepped out into the world of 3D to say hi and...

 

[I recognize this girl?] - Vincent?

 

Running over to my bookshelf I took note of the fact that everything was now covered in light pastel colors but ignored it for now as it wasn't important at the moment. Running my finger's along the spines of my books I let out a sigh of relief that nothing seemed to be missing.

 

[Ah! There it is! Now to find the page I need!] - Vincent?

 

Flipping quickly through the pages in search of what I was looking for I found it a moment later and confirmed exactly what I had been fearing the last couple minutes.

 

[Shit! Are you kidding me! I'm a Fairy from Monster Girl Encyclopedia?] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Making my way back to my bathroom mirror, this time with my MGE book, I compared myself against the Fairy entry.

 

[Damn! Other than my face looking like an anime version of mine except female I look exactly like the Fairy.] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Unfortunately the mirror didn't lie and my new body was exactly like those in the book with pink hair, currently messy, tiny childlike, loli body, super long ears that look like they came straight out of a fetishist book, which thinking about it they did, and partially translucent bluish wings with purple tips. The only weird thing that didn't make sense was...

 

[Why is everything normal sized?] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Looking around at my apartment I was once again assured that yes everything looked normal, no enormous furniture or people in sight.

 

[Well let's just...] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Right as I was thinking about what to do next my phone started ringing and from that ringtone it had to be...

 

[Aaron! Maybe he'll know what's happening!] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Quickly running to my bed I pulled my covers off of it looking for my phone, it usually ended up in one of the blankets because I would read stories on it until I passed out. Finding it, jammed between two of the many MANY pillows I slept with, I quickly answered it.

 

[Hello! Aaron!] - Fairy Vincent?

[I-Is this Vincent?] - Aaron?

[Y-yes, so I assume it happened to you too?] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Momentarily startled by the sultry sounding voice coming from the other line it took me a couple second's to answer him? her?

 

[I was hoping it was a dream but I guess not since the same thing happened to you, it's crazy how everything looks like it came out of an anime. Even my house looks similar except everything looks kind of like it was drawn. It's hard to describe...] - Aaron?

[I know what you mean! I didn't notice anything until I started my bath but even my apartment looks the same but... different?] - Fairy Vincent?

[Oh right what did you turn into?] - Fairy Vincent?

[W-Why don't we meet up at Carl's Burger Place and show each other? My phone says that it exists still...] - Aaron?

[Y-Yeah I guess, umm... 30 minutes okay?] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Getting a confirmation from Aaron I turned back to my apartment trying to take in everything that had changed. It looked like I still had the same layout for the most part with a single bedroom, curtains closed, and a small living area. Except everything was now made of wood and plants and the walls even had flowers growing out of them. Living flowers if my new weird feeling was able to be trusted. For some reason I was now able to sense living things and could tell that my entire apartment, including all of my furniture, was now living, breathing? plant life.

 

[O-Okay weird feelings aside I better get dressed, the bath will have to wait though cause I don't know if I feel comfortable with that right now...] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Quickly making my way back into the bathroom I drained the tub of water and checked through my built-in closet that had been one of my main reason's for choosing this place. Quickly glancing through the various plant-like dresses, some of which looked like literal flowers, I realized that I didn't have any of my old clothes. Choosing the least feminine thing I could find I put on a pair of pants that hugged my tiny figure so tight it didn't leave anything to the imagination and a shirt that had an open back for my wings. Both were made of what looked like leaves grown into the shape of clothing.

 

[Wow! Damn I look cute! In a... jailbait sort of way... I hope I'm still the same age.] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Admiring my new body in the mirror with clothing on even I had to admit that I looked damn good! I was a bit worried about my age in this new form but I couldn't do anything about it regardless so after checking that everything was fitting correctly I made my way to the door. Picking up a purse that was what my wallet had apparently become I opened to door and was greeted with an even bigger surprise than before.


[Holy Mother of...! Why is everything so big?!?] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Forgetting the fact that I was now a Fairy I found myself shocked in place at the sheer size of everything outside my apartment. Everything and everyone looked like giants from my perspective!

 

[How is that possible?] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Turning around to look at what my apartment complex looked like in comparison I finally noticed that the entire thing was built into an enormous tree that was huge even by my standards. It dwarfed even the surrounding normal sized buildings with a trunk that must have been at least a mile wide and the top of the tree made a green sky that stretched as far as I could see.

I could see other fairy's like myself flitting out of other apartment style buildings, as well as some that looked like restaurants, bars and supermarket's. It looked like an entire fairy city had been grown into the mile wide trunk of this tree and my own apartment was actually about 100 feet off the ground.

 

[Hey Vinny you okay? You've been standing there in a daze for like 3 minutes...] - Familiar Looking Fairy?

 

Glancing at the person calling out to me I almost froze once more as she was floating in thin air outside the apartment complex railing. I brought my shock under control when I noticed her wings quickly beating behind her back. Sizing up the girl the face of a neighbor that had done some art commissions for my popped into my brain. She looked like an anime version of that shy girl next door. Racking my brain for the type of Fairy that she resembled a Leanan Sidhe image appeared in my mental landscape. Her name was.... oh right!

 

[I'm fine Leah, thank you for asking.] - Fairy Vincent?

[Oh okay, well are you heading out? Can I come with?] - Leah

[S-Sorry but I'm actually meeting with a friend. Maybe next time?] - Fairy Vincent?

[Yeah! Is it okay if I bring my new "husband" next time, I know you don't have one yet and he's been wanting to bring some friends along that love Fairy's! Maybe you can find one you really like!] - Leah

[O-Oh that sounds... umm... great! Y-Yeah!] - Fairy Vincent?

 

Quickly waving to her I started beating my wings and to my surprise I was flying a moment later. The very act seeming to be natural to me now.


[Damn! I'm late! Should have realized that some of the buildings would look different from above!] - Fairy Vincent?

 

After flying for a good 10 minutes I'd realized that I was completely lost and had pulled up a map app on my phone. Quickly noting that the "Flying" option was my default setting I followed the instructions but still was about 5 minute's later than I'd planned. Slipping through the door as a human opened it I landed on an empty table that was more like a parking lot as far as size difference was concerned I looked around to see if I could recognize Aaron in any of the many patrons. I had realized over the last 30 minutes or so that many MANY types of monster girls mingled together with human men and women, neither of which seemed shocked or concerned in any way with each other. I recognized some of them from the MGE but many more were completely new to me.

 

Looking around I noticed a familiar hoodie with the hood part pulled up. It was Aaron's ahegao hoodie, no one else was ballsy enough to wear something like that in public. Taking to the sky again I weaved my way through the crowd of people and feeling a mischievous urge overtake me I tapped on Aaron's shoulder before zipping to the opposite side. I didn't know what had come over me but all of my instincts were screaming to prank the shit out of my friend.

 

Turning his? head towards where I had been previously I quickly tapped his? other shoulder before zipping under the table, narrowly missing his? gaze as he? turned his? head again. I couldn't help myself from letting out a giggle and found myself grabbed by a hand as big as I am and pulled back above the table. Face-to-face with who I assumed was Aaron as he? held me in his? grip I immediately descended into more giggle's as I saw a decidedly feminine but still recognizable face with slit eyes. Her hoodie twitched and I could see what looked like the shape of ears holding the hood part up.

 

[Hehehehe! Aaron is that you?] - Fairy Vincent?

[V-Vincent?] - Aaron?

[In the flesh! Sort of...] - Fairy Vincent?

[Wait why were you hiding?] - Aaron?

 

Setting me down on the table in front of her she tilted her head adorably which made me devolve into more giggles.

 

[Hehehehe! I don't really know actually, I was coming up behind you and suddenly had the urge to play a trick on you. It felt almost instinctual?] - Fairy Vincent

[S-so a fairy? How does it feel being so small?] - Aaron

[Surprisingly everything feels natural, like this body is the one that I have been in this entire time. It's kind of weird actually.] - Fairy Vincent

[I-I know what you mean I almost chased a rabbit earlier for no reason at all...] - Aaron

 

Nodding her head at my comment Aaron's face grimaced slightly.

 

[Oh oh! What did you become! Show me SHOW ME!!!] - Fairy Vincent

[U-Umm I actually was hoping you'd tell me cause I'm not sure...] - Aaron

 

Pulling back her hoodie she revealed twitching upright fox ears and I could also see a single tail nervously twitching side to side behind her. Since it was a single fox tail and every monster girl seemed based on MGE she could either be an Inari or Youko...

 

[I can't say for certain but so far all of the monster girls I've seen seem to be based on the Monster Girl Encyclopedia in some way so you are either an Inari or a Youko...] - Fairy Vincent

[So do you think this has to do with that genie from last night?] - Aaron

[I can't see anyone else having the power to do something like this, but I do wonder why she used the MGE as a reference...] - Fairy Vincent

[M-Maybe she didn't know about Monster Girls so she used the one you owned?] - Aaron

 

Nodding my head at Aaron's idea I couldn't help feeling that while that sounded too simple it was the correct answer.

 

[What about her lamp? Was it still at your house?] - Fairy Vincent

[N-No it had...] - Aaron

[May I take your order young ladies?] - Matronly Cow Girl

 

Interrupting our discussion a older looking woman with cow like feature's was holding a notepad while tapping a hoof she had instead of feet. If I had to say she looked like a Holstaur except maybe in her 40's? Cute cow ears twitching in annoyance she waited for us to snap out of our stupor and order some food.

 

[O-Oh umm I'll have a #1 with sweet potato fries...] - Aaron

[Okay so that's a cow laying with the pigs and dessert fries! Correct? What about you little one?] - Matronly Cow Girl

[Oh right umm...] - Fairy Vincent

 

Staring at the sign board with their food items I found my gaze being pulled towards the desert items rather than the lunch menu.

 

[I-I'll have a strawberry-banana smoothie with as much whip cream as you can put on.] - Fairy Vincent

[Good choice. I'll bring it out to you girls when it's ready.] - Matronly Cow Girl

 

Clip clopping away as her hooved feet clicked against the linoleum I noticed a thin tail snaking out from under her uniform.

 

[S-So anyway I wasn't able to find the lamp anywhere...] - Aaron

[Well damn... Oh right I was called out by my neighbor on my way here. She seemed to recognize my current body and acted like nothing was wrong with me being a Fairy.] - Fairy Vincent

[Y-Yeah and both my mother and my little sister looked like me when I left this morning...] - Aaron

[...maybe, the genie changed it so that entire world was always like this... I mean my apartment was built into the side of that enormous tree over there.] - Fairy Vincent

 

Waving my hand half-heartedly in the direction of the enormous trunk in the distance and the green sky above us where it's canopy was still covering us Aaron's eye's widened in shock.

 

[You live in that thing!?! I noticed it earlier but it's so big I thought I was hallucinating.] - Aaron

[Yeah my apartment is literally grown into the side of the trunk like 100 feet off the ground. A whole city of different type's of fairies seem to be living on it.] - Fairy Vincent

[Here you go, enjoy. Just pay whenever you're ready.] - Matronly Cow Girl

 

Nodding to the server I immediately dove into the tower of whip cream, stuffing my face full as I did so. Aaron wolfed down her hamburger as well, starving for food after our talk.


Announcement
Just a friendly reminder to support me on Patreon if you can afford to as I will be posting the next chapter on Patreon tomorrow. It will drop here next week on Monday.
41