Chapter 6: Eating Habits
1k 13 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Okay so I'm announcing that I will be officially holding a art competition of my 3 novel's, you can draw any of the characters and deadline for turning in any submissions will be the 4th of January! Christmas and Holiday themed drawing or other art are appreciated but not required! Oh and I will be joining in to and I'll post a chapter on the 10th of January with all of the entry's which you can all vote on for a winner!

 

So looks like Vinia's love of sweets is overwhelming! And we get a bit more information on what's going on in this new world. Seems like not everything is orgy's and public sex.... oh who am I kidding it'll be mostly that! Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


Honestly I'd never been a huge fan of sugar, I mean I didn't dislike sweets like chocolate and cake but my preference had always been to abstain from them. That was why it was such a shock that my new body viewed sweets and sugar in general as a necessity. Hell it treated like an addiction of sorts where if I went too long without eating 0r drinking something sweet I'd start trembling uncontrollably. 

That was where I was currently. Hovering in a line that stretch around the corner of a famous cake shop I had nearly been pushed out of line several times by impatient human's that weren't paying attention causing me to zip in front of their eyes when they couldn't see me. Luckily the shop had a Mandragora girl that was timidly attempting to remind the people in the queue to not leave their place. The shy plant girl had glanced at me several times nervously but I couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

Buzzing slightly I drifted towards a very pleasant smell before catching myself since I didn't want to lose my place. Looking around for the source of the smell I noticed it was stronger around the green skinned Mandragora girl who noticed my hungry gaze and blushed while looking away. Her timid stuttering as she reminded people to stay in the line didn't do anything for me but the smell emanating off of her made my heart speed up.

 

[U-umm M-Miss Fairy. Miss? It's your turn. Miss Fairy?] - Mandragora

[O-Oh right! Thank you!] - Vinia

 

Buzzing away from the wonderfully smelling plant girl I quickly entered the even more wonderfully smelling bakery. Dazed by the overpowering smell of baking sugar I drifted slowly into a potted Liliraune and quickly snapped back while apologizing. Apparently I'd floated over the counter while distracted by the smell and bumped into one of the cake shop's workers. Giggling at my reaction she said it was fine before asking what I wanted to order. Her "sister" meanwhile barely looked up as she lightly cupped her twin's breasts.

 

[Heheheh.... Is this your first time in the Nectar Cake Shop? We use... locally harvested products in all our cakes.] - Liliraune Cashier

[O-Oh this is actually my first time in here and I'm not sure...] - Vinia

[Try our Honeycomb Deluxe Cake with glazed Strawberries. I know from experience that Fairy's like yourself absolutely love them and we even sell them in smaller sizes so that you don't have to worry about it going bad before you finish it.] - Liliraune Cashier

[Oooooh! That sounds amazing! Can I have one of those except full size and a pint of Nectar Ice Cream? That looks good too!] - Vinia

[Coming right up to our sweets loving customer. Would you like to purchase a store membership card? It gives you 1 free sweet of your choice for every $200 that you spend. I can tell a sweets lover like yourself will reach that number in no time.] - Liliraune Cashier

 

Quickly boxing up the items I asked for they upsold me on a membership and while in my previous life that amount of money before a free item would have made me blanch and immediately turn them down politely it was chump change for my new wealth. On top of that was my irresistible urge to eat sweets for every meal and you had a situation where no wasn't even a consideration.


Looking up as I felt a huge wave of air pass by my fluttering form I noticed several Wyvern in formation heading away from the World Tree and briefly wondered what that was all about. I'd seen Wyvern's acting as a police force on several news broadcasts so I assume they were headed for some kind of call but regardless it had nothing to do with me.

Humming happily as I held onto the bad that contained my much too large boxed cake and ice cream I made my way back to my apartment only to be stopped by a familiar face. The Leanan Sidhe that my neighbor Leah had become was buzzing around my front door looking like she was waiting for me.

 

[O-Oh! Vinny! I've been waiting for you! You remember that... <sniff sniff> Oh! What's that smell?!?] - Leah

[Oh I got a cake from Nectar as well as some ice cream! Want to share?] - Vinia

[Oh oh! Can I really? It wouldn't be a bother?] - Leah

[It's fine! I ended up getting a full sized one this time so I have plenty.] - Vinia

 

Buzzing around me in happiness as I smiled we made the rest of the way back to my apartment to eat the cake that was larger than both of us combined. I was so looking forward to it!


[Would you like some petal hot tea? I have blue rose tea that's been grown by Alraune gardeners locally.] - Vinia

[Oh really? Isn't that really expensive?] - Leah

[Don't worry about it, despite how I look I have more money than I know what to do with.] - Vinia

 

Quickly setting a tea pot on the stove that looked like it was made of an acorn I shook my head at the ingenuity of this world and how technology melded seamlessly into what looked like a mixture of both magic and science. She had no idea how any of her appliances worked but they kept on going regardless.

Opening what took the place of her fridge to look for the petal tea package she realized once more that every item in her house was plant life or something similar. Even her food was only composed to plants or fruit, in fact the idea of eating meat of any kind made her sick to her stomach.

Grabbing two tea bags she set them into two cups and while she waited for the water to boil set out the cake and ice cream. Salivating as she saw what it looked like. Strangely enough it had seemed to shrink when she brought it in through the door and was now full size and completely taking over my dining table leaving no room for anything else. Putting aside the strangeness of a shrinking cake box as more magical weirdness she heard the water start boiling behind her.

Quickly pouring the hot water into my two tea cups I made my way over to the enormous cake that was almost half my height but much MUCH larger around. Handing one of the tea cups to Leah I sat opposite of her but quickly realized that I couldn't actually see her that way and buzzed over to a seat on the side of the table so that we were sitting next to each other. 1I'm gushing about this cake and all but actually in real life I'm not a huge fan of sweets in general and actually hate cake and caramel... I do love fruit though so...

This situation didn't last long however as the both of us immediately dove into our side of the cake and started shoveling it into our mouths as fast as we could. I hadn't felt such an intense desire to eat sweets in my life but I suspected it had to do with my new Fairy instincts as I vaguely remember reading that they loved sweets.


One tense, food-frenzy filled, hour later nearly half the cake was gone and both Leah and I were completely full as we sipped on our 5th helping of tea with satisfied looks on our faces.

 

[Oh my that was the first time I've ever eaten a cake that amazing. Nectar is too expensive for my blood unfortunately.] - Leah

[Oh? Well I'd be happy to buy you sweets from Nectar anytime. Just let me know.] - Vinia

[I-I couldn't use you like that Vinny, you're a friend and it wouldn't be right.] - Leah

[Oh don't worry about it! It won't put me out at all!] - Vinia

[O-Okay... But that's it! I can't get into the habit of relying on you for help... Hmph!] - Leah

 

Fidgeting as she tried to turn down my offer to buy sweets whenever she wanted I knew that she wouldn't abuse my trust given how much Fairy's like sweets and despite that she was willing to forgo free sweets because of me.

 

[S-So how's the retired life treating you?] - Leah

[Oh right, well honestly it's a bit strange to go from being super busy to having the entire day to myself. I'm sure I'll get used to it but at the moment it makes me a bit uncomfortable.] - Vinia

[W-Well my husband is working to allow me to retire as well, he wants me to raise his children as a housewife and I can't say that life doesn't appeal to me. I mean sure all of our kids will be fairies like me but he says he'll love them anyway.] - Leah

[D'aaw... That's sweet of him, I've heard that some human's can be upset about that. Some politician or whatever was spouting something about extinction.] - Vinia

[I don't really care about that but if I could I'd want at least one of our children to look like my hubby. It's kind of sad that we can't have any little boys for him to play ball with. I mean Fairy babies are a bit small to participate with humans like that.] - Leah

[Isn't the Demon Lord working on a solution for that?] - Vinia

[I'm not sure, no one has seen her in over 500 years. Didn't they teach you that in school?] - Leah

[O-Oh right, sorry I forgot.] - Vinia

 

Giving me a weird look like I'd said something strange I said my goodbye's to Leah and walked her to her apartment. Apparently it had some kind of magic that allowed for it to be larger on the inside and was more than big enough for her and her husband. I didn't ask any more about it as I was sure that I had known that previously based off the strange looks Leah gave me.

Making my way back to my own apartment I thought about what Leah had said about the Demon Lord. I remember in the MGE book their had been an issue with Monster Girl's only birthing more of themselves and according to the books the Demon Lord that caused their transformation was working on the problem. Apparently that event had not happened yet or at least her whereabouts weren't known. Hopefully it was solved soon as living out my, possibly immortal, life on a planet slowly going the way of the dinosaur didn't sound appealing.


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you!
34