[0] The Return
262 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyle gasped as he shot upright, his hands scrambling for a weapon as he looked around with fear apparent on his face!

The creaking of springs in the bed beneath him slowly eroded the tension that had built up after he realized he was in a dark room, alone.

'What is this place? Did someone save me?' Kyle knew the extent of his injuries, he was pierced through by Divine Magic and Empyrean Steel, something that could even slay angels.

'No, I don't feel anything and I can't sense any mana in the air either. Where am I? Mana should be present regardless of how far I go.'

Kyle pushed himself off his bed and realized that he didn't feel a shooting pain down his leg. Instead his body felt light and full of energy.

Kyle maneuvered in the dark, nearly tripping a few times before he made it to the door. After groping around a bit, he turned on the lights.

Kyle took a ragged breath in shock! It was his room! But how?

Kyle looked down and realized that instead of the leather armor and Empyrean Steel outlines, he wore soft impractical clothes.

"My pajamas... Wait, I remember this place. It's my apartment's room before the Great Cleansing."

Kyle opened the door and stepped into the small hallway.

When he reached the kitchen, he saw his phone on the counter and he jogged over and looked at the screen.

"It's November 8th? Did I somehow travel back in time like I read in the novels all those years ago?" Kyle looked at the phone's screen blankly.

'If it is November 8th, I only have four days before the Gate of Heaven opens and they descend...'

Kyle unlocked his phone and searched up the location of a shop before heading out, not even changing out of his night clothes.

...

When Kyle got off the bus, he headed to a small store in the corner of a rather crowded street market.

He moved through the crowd of people, not minding in the least at some who gawked at his attire.

He wore a loose t-shirt and a pair to shorts. He came to a stop in front of an old booth with a young girl standing behind the stand.

"What would you like mister?" The little girl smiled, displaying her two pointy canines.

"Though you look human and appear harmless, I'd be a fool to let down my guard." Kyle said as he leaned closer.

The girl's eyes widened, showing her clear black eyes that sparkled in the darkness.

"Oh? So you know I'm a demon? And you still dare to appear before me?" The little girl placed a hand on the counter and smiled darkly as her voice echoed.

Her rather small hands turned into claws breathed in darkness. Kyle raised an eyebrow, however he didn't react.

"I guess you're a lot braver than I gave you credit for. What do you want human?" Her claws retracted and her hand appeared normal again along with her voice.

"Demons are the least of my worries right now. I want the Feather of the Fallen!" Hearing Kyle, the girl's smile faded a bit and she gave him a curious look.

"Oh? What a big appetite. Can you afford the price?" Hearing her words, Kyle thought back to the poor soul who died shortly after he got the Feather without being able to use it at all.

"Demons don't usually kill humans, leading them astray is enough. I can give you the remaining fragment of Divinity." Kyle reached up and took off the small pendant and placed it on the counter.

"A fragment of Divinity? So you do know some things. Let me guess, did you receive a prophecy of some sort?" The demon girl hoisted herself up on to the counter and swung her legs.

"You can say that. So what do you say, a fragment of Divinity for a Feather?" Kyle smiled as he stared down the little girl.

The girl's eyes rolled as she puffed out her cheeks in discontent. With the signs of struggle on her face, she reached over and grabbed the small golden pendant.

"I accept. In exchange for my Feather, I will take the Divinity Fragment." The girl flipped her hand and a feather as dark as an abyss.

"Thank you Lucifer." Hearing Kyle, Lucifer's eyes widened a bit and then she smiled mischievously.

"If you use my Feather, it's tantamount to becoming my child. Do think it through carefully." Lucifer said as she took the pendant and bit the golden stone and swallowed it.

"I know exactly what I'm getting in to. If I find any other Fragments, I'll be sure to find you." Kyle said and Lucifer nodded as she smiled happily like a child.

"Good. You sure know how to please a woman." Lucifer laughed and puffed out her non-existent chest  while Kyle rolled his eyes.

"I'm not in to lolis. Grow up a bit more before you try to seduce me when you look like an airport's runway."

Hearing his comment, Lucifer felt a bit of rage bubble up and could only mutter curses vehemently at Kyle's rapidly retreating figure.

"Who's fault do you think it is that I'm stuck like this? I hope you have 'fun' with my Feather."

12