Chapter 2: Accidents happen even to gods…
18.7k 42 371
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ouch! That hurt!"

Man, what the hell was that? I was so happy going home with my newly acquired Edge Alter figure and something striking me in the head almost ruins my day. Oh well, I still have my...

"Eh? Where is my figure?! WHERE IS MY SEXY WAIFU?!"

I try looking for it like a madman. Well, of course I would be like that. I paid a premium for it, to lose it just like that would mean the end for me and...IT IS A LIMITED EDITION!! HOW CAN I PRESENT MYSELF TO MY WAIFU AFTER THIS?!

But then, it hit me.

"Wait, where am I?"

I was so distracted by what happened that I didn't notice, I am not on the sidewalk that is on my way home anymore. It is not even a place I would recognize in the city I live. It is just a white...room? Space?

"What am I wearing? My cellphone is not here...neither is my grandpa's watch..."

As I am looking at myself, I find this same whiteness covering me like simple clothes. This is obviously starting to scare the heck out of me. I mean, getting hit on the head? Check. Waking up in a white room? Check! Wearing a white robe with none of my possessions? BLOODY CHECK!

"..."

I already have an idea of what happened to me, but I don't want to say it out loud. Call me a coward but I feel that saying it out loud would just be me making it real. Oh! Wait, wait...there's something that can confirm it for me and without me saying what I don't want to say. A phrase, so overused in these types of situations, that it basically has become a Rank EX summoning spell. Yes, indeed. I shall use ‘that’.

"*ahem*"

I prepare myself for it. I look around and find no one around or above me. Ok. Let's do this.

"Is this a dream?"

There. I've said it. Now I just gotta wait fo—

"No this isn't a dream, Auros, child of my world."

Aaand there it is...damn it...with that I know that what I fear is true...

I'm dead and the guy who just talked is God.

"I regret to inform you that your time on earth has been given an abrupt end."

"I...see..."

I look up at the giant old man who just appeared before me. Yep, that's God alright...

"And worst of all, it wasn't your due time, but an accident on my and a colleague's part. For that, I am deeply sorry."

"An accident? So, you are saying the thing that hit me was something of yours?"

He looks at me with a surprised, if not amused, expression before answering my question.

"You are taking this surprisingly well..."

He murmured while caressing his beard.

"Yes, the thing that caused your untimely death was caused by something of mine."

He seemed to not want to say what it was, but I think he owes me at least that.

"Can I ask what it was? It’s just to satisfy my curiosity. Of course, only if you don't mind."

I'm talking casually to God... Is it my grandma's fault? She always said that was the best way to talk to God instead of pretentious shit and all.

"Hmm...I suppose that is the least I could do. Very well then, I shall give you an explanation too while we're on the subject. Follow me."

A great hall appeared before me and God started walking towards it. I don't have anything better to do, so, I follow him. Of course, not before checking again if my precious figure wasn't lying on the floor somewhere. It wasn't. That's sad. Very sad. Enough to ask a certain someone to play a certain song.

References man! Gotta do them even in death!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We walked while he explained everything related to my death, up to the point where I appeared at that room. To think that it was such a mundane accident...except for the part of God opening a ‘window’ focused on me, how the heck can I be that unlucky? I mean, I did pull that one SSR on command yesterday so maybe...

Well, there's no worth in crying over spilt milk, right?

He also told me that when people die, they normally either go back to the cycle of reincarnation or go to heaven to rest for a while. But since the circumstances of my death were irregular, thanks to the involvement of two gods, I was called up to this place for 'compensation' under the shared divine law. I'll try to ask for the overused ‘clean my hard drive’ if given the chance.

"Here we are."

"Ah, Yawue. Have you brought him? How angry is he?"

I hear a young feminine voice coming from the other side of the room as we enter it. I suppose the owner of that voice is the Goddess that holds responsibility along with him. Her voice sounds like the VA of a certain city Dullahan or a barbaric healer that tends to go berserk about healing others...but gentler and a bit softer. You could say more divine, I guess?

"Yes, Nerinne. I brought him. But as surprising as it may seem, he is rather calm."

"That...is good? I was bracing myself for some mortal anger, but I guess I can let out a sigh of relief."

I look up towards the owner of that feminine voice and I find myself moved by her incredible beauty. She looks like a year or two younger than me and her body could only be described as holy. As in HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT WAIFU MATERIAL RIGHT THERE?! WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR THIS RELIGION?!

Alas, that is what I would think if I didn't have already a waifu in my heart and obviously, my soul.

"I am curious as to what is this ‘waifu’ thing your mind has brought up when you saw me, but let’s do that after we finish talking about the compensation, shall we?"

"..."

Ah. I forgot. Gods can read minds. Yay...

 

To be continued...

 

Glossary Entry #2:

VA: Voice Actress. Can also be referred to as Seiyuu by otaku. 

Sexy: The readers.

371