Chapter 3: The answer is obvious.
16.8k 43 372
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, if I'm listening correctly, you are giving me the choice to reincarnate in either world you two manage with my memories intact, plus some extras. Is that right?”

After the awkward silence that befell the room when I heard the Goddess of another world, Nerinne, commenting on something from my inner monologue, she proceeded to state the contents of the ‘compensation’ I would get for the accident that killed me. And as I just said, they both offered me an irregular form of reincarnation.

I've read too many novels of this genre that even my thought process imitates the narration found on those, so you could say that I know just a teeny bit of where this is going...ok, I know for certain where this is going.

""Indeed.""

They answered at the same time. Heh. That was funny. Oh! The Goddess just giggled! She found it funny too! Ah, I'm glad that God and the Goddess are not some stuck up beings and instead are kind of...human?

"Well, that is obvious, no? We created your race in our image. Or more like the framework of your souls rather than your physical appearance. After all, there are more races besides humans, like those you know as elves and so on. At least…they still exist in my world."

The smile the Goddess had while explaining all of that to me disappeared when she said that last part. Even if she is not my waifu, I feel bad seeing her sad since she is so gorgeous...

Ah! She smiled at me! She is still reading my mind! Please! It makes me happy to see you smile but let me have my private inner monologue narration! She giggled again! She must have found me amusing...

She just nodded.

"..."

Oh. Sorry, God. Please continue. And yes, I gave up...

"The extras we can give to you depend on the world you choose. In the case of Earth, we can give you an appearance like the one you had before your death, our divine protection and a fate that would make you lead a peaceful life without worries. We can even arrange a partner for you. If you so wish for."

Umu, umu. That sounds completely by the book and not a bad deal at all. I mean, not having to worry about taxes, a mortgage, or the soul crushing depression that comes from a lonely heart, is pretty much a blessing. But I really want to hear the Goddess' side of the extras. Not just because I want to hear more of her literally divine voice, but that is a good reason too. She laughed more openly now. Well, if my mind is going to be an open book then, I might as well be more open myself.

"You truly are an interesting one."

She smiles playfully, while playing with the locks of her hair.

"Fufu~~, listen well then. If you choose my world, I can reincarnate you in an appearance like the one you had, but instead of going through infancy and puberty I can make you a fully-grown body from the start. Of course, you will have both our divine protections too. On the other side, I can't give you a fate like the one Yawue offers you, but in its place, I can let you choose whatever skills and magical affinities you would like to have when reincarnating. I can even give you a holy weapon if you want. As for the partner...I could make it so you could find a romantic interest more easily, but not completely arrange it. Huh, you could say that my offer is lesser than his by just hearing this and adding the fact that you will need to fight to survive at least sometimes..."

She looks a bit dejected, but umu, she is right.

A peaceful life vs a life that has a certain chance of making me fight.

A certain partner vs the possibility of one plus magic and other things to my choosing.

Umu. I think it is pretty obvious, right? I mean, there is only one answer that is true to me and my values.

"So, what world do you choose?"

"Tell us. I promise that we are not reading your mind."

"First, I would like to thank you both for giving me this chance, regardless of the circumstances. I promise that I will use this second chance in life to live at my fullest according to my feelings."

They smile and nod at the same time as I say that.

"Second. God, I thank you for the life I lived on Earth. It might have been a bit difficult at some moments, but I was happy, you know? Thank you for my family. I really love them because they accepted me, even with my quirks and likings. All in all, I was truly blessed."

I do a light bow to show my gratitude and he responds by nodding again. Meanwhile, the Goddess looks like she thinks that I'm choosing Earth.

"And that is why I am choosing the Goddess' world for my reincarnation."

Oh, so that's how she looks when she is surprised. Cute indeed.

"May I ask why?"

So she asks.

"Because your world sounds amazing! Magic?! Skills?! Holy Weapons?! And I can choose?! For a nerd like me, that is truly convenient! That, and how can I call myself human if I don't choose to explore a new world when given the chance?"

Am I smiling? Because I feel like I have a really big smile right now.

Oh, she is just looking at me...wait...she is laughing to tears. Her voice sounds so lovely. Seriously, I would love to hear her voice every day after I wake up and when I go to sleep. After I hear the voice of my waifu though. Also, God is just smiling.

"Your name was Auros, right? I can't remember when I laughed this much, but you, I like you. I am glad someone like you is going to live in my world."

"Hearing that makes me happy."

Ok. This is a good time to ask for a certain something that I really want.

"It is me who is happy to know that my offer was desirable enough."

"Ah, I have something to say about that."

She looks at me a bit perplexed. I understand since it looked like I was alright with the offer after I chose her world.

But I can't back off from this. It is a truly important matter that will shape my new life in a way so radical…and I'm sure you already know what it is.

"Please do tell me what you want to say about my offer."

"I..."

 

To be continued...

 

 

Glossary Entry #3: 

Umu: A meme. A way to say "Yeah." "Uh-huh." "Mhm." A way to be exposed to it is from anime. 

372