Chapter 9: The Goddess’ surprise and the holy weapon.
15k 24 349
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning? There are no windows in this room, so I don't know if its morning. But we did sleep a lot, so I guess its fine, right?

When I woke up the Goddess was still asleep. She was making a really satisfied smile and her rose gold hair was a bit disheveled. I know I say it a lot, but she is beautiful.

I move slowly as to not wake her up and take my time. All the exhaustion I felt was gone and I felt refreshed, lighter even. I looked at the ceiling and saw my reflection.

"I really look like her, huh..."

I'm almost naked. The bodysuit I am wearing has been pulled up in the chest area and pulled aside in the nether area. So, I am completely exposed right now...

I mean, it barely covers me anyway but still...

It's surprising that my hairstyle is not messed up at all too. Because that would be a drag to do even if I have some practice.

"At least there is no chilly breeze...oh, they got hard anyway."

I fix the bodysuit, so it covers those areas again and sit on the bed.

"Sleepy..."

My body might not feel it, but my mind still does. Or maybe it is my once human soul having effects on my mind and body? Meh...too early for those kind of questions...

I look again at Nerinne who seems to have taken her clothes off at some point and now is naked.

And then something dawns on me.

"...!!!!"

I HAD SEX WITH THE GODDESS!

NOT JUST THAT, I PUSHED HER DOWN AND...AND!!!!!

THE. GODDESS. OF. THIS. WORLD.

Wh-what sh-should I ssay?! Is it bad?!

I mean we are technically lovers, right? So, there is no problem? RIGHT?!

And she did a number on me too...BUT THAT'S NOT THE SAME, I'M A MORTAL!

I remember what she said about Gods and mortals but still!!

"..."

Did I just break a divine law and heavenly punishment is going to fall upon me?!

"Divine Chop!"

"OW!"

My head! That really hurt! Like REALLY hurt!!

"Good! Imagine how startled I was when you started shouting so suddenly! And you didn't do anything wrong! Stop it with that! You and I are lovers now, and that's the end of it! Don't go all annoying MC on me!"

B-but my head...

"Yes, your head! Remember that I can hear your thoughts as loud as spoken words!"

"You could've just turned that off..."

"As if! When I'm sleep in this type of manifestation its always on for security reasons! Mou!! And I was having such a refreshing rest..."

She gets up and sits on the bed. While fixing her hair with her hands, her body is covered in faint light and clothes appear after it.

Batty-chan themed pajamas...it is pink with lots of cutesy bats and chibi versions of the character...

Wow she really is into her...

"Right back at you, darling~~."

"Heh, touché."

We both laugh for a bit.

_______________________________________

Afterwards she used her power to clean ourselves.

I was expecting a fan service filled shared bath scene with her, but alas, it seems now is not the time for it. I'm sorry.

And, when I felt hungry a table with food appeared right in front of me. This personal space thing is awesome! It even is my favorite breakfast from earth! Pulled pork sandwiches plus orange juice!

Juicy. Easy to make. Portable for those times you got to eat while going to work. One of the few things I thought I would miss!

Of course, there is enough for the both of us.

"Hmmm, these are yummy."

She says with a nice facial expression. I swear I can even see some sparkles here and there.

"Umu, my grandma taught me the recipe and it seems this place reproduced it faithfully."

*chomp*

"Haah. That was good."

"Indeed, it was."

What a nice breakfast. I can say with confidence that eating with someone does make it taste better. Even if that makes the otaku part of me scream 'NORMIEEEEE!!!' with bloodshot eyes.

Umu, eating breakfast with my lover is the best, and I just had to die for it to happen. Not a bad deal, I think.

Speaking of thinking...

"...there was something that piqued my interest, Goddess."

"Nerinne."

"..."

"For you I am Nerinne. How many times I must tell you to stop it with the 'Goddess'?"

"So-sorry...Nerinne..."

I'm embarrassed. I bet my cheeks are red already. I am seriously not trying to copy that part of my waifu's personality even if it comes off like that. I swear!!

"Cute."

"..."

"Fufu~~. What piqued your interest, Auros?"

Her gold eyes glow when she enjoys something. And that giggle of hers! So much waifu power! But now is not the time for that!

"You said something like 'this type of manifestation' and 'security reasons'. What was that about?"

"Oh, that. I totally forgot to tell you. It was part of the surprise, but when I arrived yesterday one thing led to another and hehe..."

What a carefree Goddess...

"Don't say that. You enjoyed it to the point you didn't even think about it too."

Now that she mentions it, she did say something about a surprise...

"See? The surprise is, well, you are looking at it."

"Huh?"

I don't get it. Is there something behind you?

"No, you dummy! The surprise is me!"

"Eh?"

"*sigh* That wasn't the reaction I was expecting, but maybe the context now didn't help..."

Sorry?

"Oh well! You see, we gods can't normally descend upon the worlds we create and when we do there's lots of rules we have to follow."

"Umu, umu. I've read lots of stories with that element in them."

She looks at me with an expression telling me 'then why you didn't get surprised?'. Sorry I just thought your world was different because of you being...you know, a bit lax?

"How rude! Hmph! Even I must follow those, you know?! If I want to come here, I must create a mortal body for myself and seal a great deal of my power. That wouldn't be a problem if the world was completely at peace but..."

"It isn't, right?"

"Exactly. If I were to descend right now it would be as if I just painted a target on my back. Listen well, in that form I can be..."

"...killed."

I immediately clench my fist. Just the thought of something happening to her makes me angry...

"Don't make that fierce face."

She grabs my fist softly with one hand and with the other she caresses my face, softly, with care...

"It's just..."

"Don't worry, it is just in a way. I wouldn't really die. My mortal body would perish, and I would return to my divine plane. With some backlash, yes. Maybe, even some deep sleep after. But just that. And we Gods already have lots of preparations for those cases. Like, time bubbles that cover us when we fall in that deep sleep making it seem like we just slept for a second or counter backlash aura that reduces the damage to zero. I am not stupid enough to leave that source of tension just like that. I am a Goddess, not some useless plot device waiting to be hurt or sealed!"

She says so with so much pride...and some pulled pork juice on her mouth.

"...!!"

"I am relieved to hear that. Really."

"You don't get to say that with such prince-like expression after ruining my moment!"

"I just couldn't help myself to not point it out."

"Mou!"

"Does that mean you are now in a mortal body?"

"No, didn't you see what I did about my clothes? If I were in a mortal body, I wouldn't even be able to do that."

Huh?

"How are you here then?"

"Fufu~~. That is the surprise. Tell me Auros, do you see your holy weapon anywhere in this room?"

I unintentionally look around searching for it, even though I knew the answer.

"No, I don't think so?"

"Well, that is just because you don't know where to look for it."

"So..."

"It is right in front of you."

That again? I am telling you that you are the only one that is in front of me right now. Wait. Holy weapon. Power of the Goddess. Power. Goddess. Here. Don't tell me...

"...it's you?"

I bet I am making a stupid expression right now.

"Ding, ding. Correct. You asked how I am here, and I shall tell you that I can transform your holy weapon into an organic golem that I can use to put my consciousness in, all while circumventing the rules about my power and mortality. Just think of it as me putting a Golem mode in your holy weapon stats. Praise me!"

"..."

URGE TO KARATE CHOP SMUG GODDESS. ACCEPT? RESIST? RESIST.

"Wasn't I rude for thinking that you didn't follow those rules? And now you admit to not follow those same rules?"

"Ehehehehe, oops?"

Dummy laughs don't suit you, Goddess.

"You should praise me! Who do you think I did this for?!"

"You did it for me?"

"Yes, you dummy!! How could I be a good lover if my hands were tied whenever something bad happens to you? Do I need to be confined to some balcony just praying and saying 'Auros...' all filled with worry? I can't have that! Besides, I would get lonely just watching from afar..."

This goddess...Nerinne, she is so cute. I can feel my mouth turning into a wide smile already. Yes, hearing that made me happy. She cares this much for me already, how could I not fall for her...

"I would feel lonely too, so, thank you Nerinne"

"You should have said that earlier..."

Oh, flustered Nerinne. Got to take a mental picture!

 

To be continued...(cue bleach ad to clean one's eyes of all this normieness)

 

Glossary entry #6:

MC: Main Character. ‘Nuff said.

Chibi: Cutesy, normally small and more cartoony versions of characters. Perfect for keychains, pajamas and so much more merch to dump one's paycheck in! Cuteness is justice!

349