Chapter 94: Isekai celebratory feast manners!! Mika’s shocking secret!!
4.3k 35 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And now, a toast in honor of the ones who brought this legendary victory! Lady Auros Argento and her Maid-Knights!

Hello, perhaps you are wondering what am I doing in front of a massive crowd of people that is raising their beer mugs and toasting to the words of my self-professed best friend forever, who I’m standing right beside while holding a beer mug of my own.

Well, the answer is simple!

For the victory feast, of course!

It’s impressive just how fast they set everything up! Like, there are enough tables, seats, food, and drink for everyone!

Heck, we even have our own VIP table!

By we, I mean me, the Maid-Knights, Ludovica, and Julian.

Ah, and there’s music too! Courtesy of the awesome bards that also volunteered to fight!

But if all of that was not enough to describe how lively this feast is, then let me tell you what my OP senses are picking up.

I can see and hear people laughing, talking, dancing, and simply enjoying this beautiful night. A night that could have ended in tragedy...but did not.

And the fact that we did this, that all of us did this…warms my heart.

Really.

It makes me quite happy since that shows me that we did good, which really helps.

But...

"LONG LIVE THE MAID-KNIGHTS!"

"COLOSSUS CRUSHER, YOU ARE MY IDOL!!"

"RAINBOW MAID, I LOVE YOU!!"

"I’M COUNTING ON YOU, NIGHTMARE OF THE DRAGON LORDS!!"

"VILLAIN OF VILLAINS!! YOU ARE TERRIFYING BUT KEEP IT UP!"

""""""VILLAIN OF VILLAINS!! VILLAIN OF VILLAINS!! VILLAIN OF VILLAINS!!"""""""

...as you can see by my…vein popping and my slight…twitching, I’m feeling a tad...annoyed at the moment.

"Tehee...I did try using your name, but it seems that the title already cemented itself..."

"You think?"

"I’m really sorry, best friend! I totes am~~!"

"It is difficult to believe you with that smile of yours...Ludovica."

"Nee~~, nee~~, don’t be so stiff. I was just excited when I came up with it. I totes didn’t think that things would get like this~~~."

THIS GAL!! SO SHE IS THE ONE WHO...!!

"My Lord, if I may, there is nothing that can be done but to accept it. Titles such as those are not that uncommon to obtain after battle. Even I have a couple of them."

"My, despite having some reservations of my own, I must agree. Simply accepting them and moving on is the best one can do with those titles. And the people seem happy, even if they are using words such as 'terrifying'."

"Yeah, Master. Don't sweat it."

These three...Erevain, Gabrielle and Kris...

"Hoooh~~, I see. Still, let me ask you three something. Do you girls find my new titles...fitting?"

"""...!"""

DON'T LOOK AWAY, YOU MAIDS!!

"Kekekeke! They sure do, Master! Kekekeahahahaha!"

This Sophie...

Oh, that reminds me...

"Is that so, Magical Girl?"

"Wha—?! Ma-ma-magical girl?!! Ho-how does Master know about that?!"

Hahahaha! Take that, Sophie! I’m so loving that shocked face of yours right now!

And of course, I’m totally not going to answer her question. Rather, I’m going to ignore her now by just looking at the crowd.

"No, Master! Answer me! Don't ignore meeee! How do you know about thaaaat?!"

Hahahaha! So cute!

"Magical Girl? Nee~~, nee~~, that sounds cute~~! I totes think that it will be very popular! Yes~!"

"Nooooooooo!!!"

Muahahahahahahahahaha! Sweet revenge!!

"Fufufhahahahahaha you are so mean, Auros! Fufufuhahahahaha!"

And yet, you keep laughing...

Like, you haven't stopped laughing since Ludovica went to get us.

"Fufufuhahaha...I can't...stop...even if I...hahahaha...know that I have been laughing too much...fufuhahaha! It’s just so funny...fufufufu..."

Weeeell, it’s fine. Laughter is indeed known to be a good medicine and I do feel a bit better now...

Could this be part of the reason why Ludovica did this? Because there is no way that she didn't plan this.

"Hahaha...yes, she is quite the perceptive one...fufufufu~~. She most likely thought that all of you would need something like this after the battle...hahaha..."

Seriously, this Gal beside me...

Ah! I forgot to mention that all of us are already sitting. Sumanai.

Anyways, the ones serving the food are also some of the volunteers. Although, they haven’t served us since we asked them do it until everybody else had food on their tables.

Also, I had to stop Lou—and just when I’m narrating about it...

"Louise, this is the second time. Take your seat."

"But Master, I just want to go check on the cooks."

"And?"

"And...maybe help them a bit."

"And?"

"And maybe use a bit of the ingredients I have stored..."

She really is a nice girl with her humble and onee-san-like wish to go help those who are cooking a feast that is to celebrate her and the rest of us. But...

"The cooks already said that if they need any help, they will gladly ask you."

...she already got rejected when she went right to the camp’s kitchen the moment we arrived.

"But..."

"Louise, I want to help too, but we must respect the desires of the cooks. You know that that is the proper way. Even more so when it is their way of expressing their gratitude towards us."

"Uuu...fine."

As expected of our class president maid, Mika! Perfect assist! Still, poor Louise, now she looks a bit dejected.

*sniff* *sniff*

Also, the food is coming!

"Food is coming."

Wow, Jules’ food radar is as strong as mine! As expected of my any-time meal partner!!

And just like we both announced, the volunteers bringing our dishes have arrived!

There is so much food!! There is even classical isekai meat!!! I want it! Me grabbing!!

*smack*

"...!"

Erevain just smacked my hand!

"Manners, My Lord."

"Yes..."

Uuu…guess I'll stick to using the utensils...uuu…eating isekai meat in the classical way will have to wai—hm?!

"Man, thish meat is shoft!!"

"Right?!"

AAAAH KRIS AND BERTIA ARE DOING IT!! I’M SO JELOUS!!!

"Yesh! Sho good!"

AND EUPHEMIA IS DOING IT TOO?!! WHY AREN'T YOU TELLING HER ANYTHING, EREVAIN?!

"*smile*"

SHE ONLY SMILED AT HER!! YOU ARE SPOILING HER!!

“Hehe."

AND NOW EUPHEMIA IS SMILING ALL SMUGLY AT ME?!

I WILL NOW CUT MY MEAT SLIGHTLY FASTER TO VENT MY FRUSTRATION!!

"I understand you, Auros. Julian also gets angry if I eat like that."

"...!"

Could this be...?! Is she really someone fated to be my friend...?! Did she just use a version of 'I feel you, bro'?!

"Of course, since its tiring to remind you of the expected manners that come with your position..."

Says Julian with a...really exhausted look, ‘overworked man' kind of exhausted look...

I’m sorry that you have to deal with this gal...

"Muu~~~, why did you have to say that Julian? I was just about to make my bond with Auros deeper!"

I guess that is true, but do you need to pout because of it?

"Bonding over not practicing proper manners is not a good influence for both My Lord and you, your Holiness. Please, listen to Sir Julian more."

"Aaah, thank you Miss Eresh!"

And now these two are bonding...

"My, so strict. You should let Master relax for a moment, Leader."

Yeah! Tell her Gabrielle!

"Times like this are when manners matter the most, Gabrielle. And even you are keeping your manners despite saying that."

That is because she is an ojou-sama! Her ojou-sama power doubles by doing it!!

"Why do you want to eat it with your bare hands, dear?"

I mean, the meat is still great even if I don't eat it with my bare hands, but...! It is a matter of principles, Nerinne! Of romance! If you go to an isekai and there is isekai meat, then you need to eat it while holding the bone in your hand!!

"Ah, yes. That does seem to happen a lot in the novels you left in my realm."

Don't remind me...I miss my collection so much...

"Here My Lord, I served you soup."

Mmm...it smells good...

"Ah, thank you, Eresh."

"It is my pleasure, My Lord."

Aaaah that princess-like smile...

"...*staaaare*..."

...and Gabrielle's stare.

I know you want to serve me food too, perhaps even go for the feeding event, and I too want to be served and fed by you, but the Gal sitting beside me is, well, sitting beside me. So, we can’t do it. Sumanai…

"Master, have you tried the wine? It is quite good. Although, it is a few years before being perfect in my opinion."

"Mhm, yep."

Wow, I thought Evangeline was a bit rougher when talking, but she is surprisingly well-spoken when she wants, huh.

Also, Gail is drinking wine and beer back-to-back...

I bet some people in my former world would have had a heart attack because of that. Also...that is quite the gap moe with her cute appearance and all! Nice!

"Hahahaha!"

"Tch, why are you laughing now, Kris?"

"Because you always start talking like that when it comes to wine, Evangeline. It's so weird, hahaha!"

"Oh, piss off. If I’m weird, then you’re something else. Fighting that Colossus like it’s nothing…you madwoman. And that’s not all, you’re also chugging beer like its water."

"Haha! What can I say? Fighting that thing was a great workout!"

"I bet, heh."

Evangeline might seem like she doesn’t get along with Kris, but she has been smiling all this time while drinking her wine.

Anyways, this soup is gooooood! It’s a hearty broth of some sort with lots and lots of isekai vegetables! Even then, it kind of reminds me of a dish Nana used to make!

And you know? I think I should try the wine.

"Didn’t you say that you don’t drink, dear? Did you change your mind?"

Technically no, but I have remembered something that makes it a non-issue.

"What, dear?"

Well, I remembered that I can't get drunk and so on thanks to this body, darling.

“Oh, now that you mention it, that’s certainly true, dear. But that also makes me want to see you drunk, fufufu~~. Shall I give you a taste of my divine wine? Or maybe some candy~~?”

Great, now I have to be careful with what I drink and eat in the castle...

"Master, this meat is smoked. Do I cut a piece for you?"

"Of course, Jules."

Ahhh…it smells good...

"Dog, is it really fine for me to be here?"

"Keh, stop asking already. Just eat, no one is telling you otherwise. Here, stuff yourself."

Awww, Sophie is being kind to Lyra by serving her food. Good Sophie. Also, she’s doing so while being a bit of a tsundere!

"Uwaah! Sophie is so nice! She is saying that you are already part of the team, Lyra! Because yes you are!"

"I didn't say anything of the sort!"

Hahahahahaha! Maevis just exposed Sophie and she reacted like a bigger tsundere!

"Dog, you are warm. I like you."

"Keh?! J-just...eat..."

SO CUTE. THIS DOG AND CAT DUO ARE SO CUTE!! ALSO, DID I JUST HALLUCINATE SURPRISED DOG EARS ON SOPHIE FOR MORE CUTNESS?! YES, I DID!!

"Umm…Allegra, c-can you pass me the sauce, please?"

"Of course, Kara. Here."

"T-Thank you."

"You know, I made a sauce that might be spicier. Want to taste it?"

“N-no thank you, my tolerance is still not high enough to enjoy your sauces…I-I’m sorry.”

Strange, Kara has been eating many of the spicy dishes that have been served to us and yet she is saying that. I wonder just how spicy are Allegra’s sauces then, maybe they are beyond the ‘spitting fire’ level?

Oh darling, instinct is leaning towards yes…

"Ufufu, do not worry, Kara. It is fine.”

“O-Okey.”

“…Allegra…”

“Oh? Do you want to taste it, Luca?"

"...yes."

“…!!”

SO BRAVE.

Kara’s expression is telling me that she totally shares this thought of mine!

Hmm? My OP ears are picking up something far away…hissing? Could it be…?

"Hm?"

"You just picked up something, right, Jules?"

"Yes, and Master did too. It's a monster, Sam."

"Indeed, it is a bit far from where we are now, but it is coming here."

I confirm Jules’ words as our gazes sharpen while looking in the monster’s direction.

And having heard us, all the maids have stopped eating and are now waiting for orders.

"Shall we go?"

Says Sam as she prepares to summon her blessed bow, but I signal her to stop and let me listen to something.

Hmm…I see.

"There is no need for any of you to go, as some of the scouts that came from the capital and were on watch duty already noticed it."

Yep, that something was the far away chatter between said scouts, and so I signal all the Maid-Knights to continue eating. But not before I say the following:

"Although, Countess Pyr is the one who is going to take care of it, and she was quite adamant about it."

"...!"

"...!"

Hmm?

Did Lucy react to that?

Mika too, huh.

Interesting…

Now, let's see what this monster is...

Hmm...big red snake...it doesn't feel that strong but just to be sure...

"Jules, the monster seems to be a large red snake."

"Hm, might be a Vipred. No...if it was part of Violet Death’s army, then it might be a Scarnake."

"...!"

"Lucy, wai—!"

*fwooiishtststs*

Whoa...

Lucy just up and left.

She even used her [Lightning Step] without a chant.

And with that being the chase, then it must be something quite serious for her.

Ok, instinct, tell me something…

Ah...I see, how could I have missed that while reading her stats?!

"Master I need to go where Lucy is going."

With more than clear urgency painting her expression, Mika says that while quickly standing from her seat.

"You may go, but let Lucy do what she needs to do."

"That is..."

She seems worried...

"Do not worry, Mika. It will be alright, believe me."

Having risen from my seat, I put my hand on her shoulder and say that in a reassuring manner.

"Besides that, remember this, it is your choice."

"I...yes, Master. Then I shall take my leave now."

With that, she leaves to where Lucy is going.

"Was that alright, My Lord?"

"Of course. You more than anyone else should know.”

Erevain's eyes widen for a moment before she smiles and…

"Indeed, I do."

…says that.

After all, Lucy and the Countess are...

______________________________________

A few hours ago, as the battle raged on against the strange group of humans, one monster’s instincts told it that those humans were not prey and that they would end it if it confronted them openly.

That was why the monster chose to do something different from its kin.

It stayed back while using its camouflage ability to hide and waited for those humans to drop their guard.

No matter what happened, the monster did not enter the battlefield, not even when the undead attacked its kin, for it instead moved farther away and waited. 

It waited until the sounds of a certain party came and told the monster that its prey had dropped their guard.

Thus, it slithered quickly towards their nest, seeking to attack and feast on them when they least expected it.

Oh, and they would surely be delicious.

Such were the thoughts of a being fueled by an insatiable hunger.

One that blinded it to the fact that its camouflage was not perfect, which led to the monster being detected by the scouts who were on lookout duty. Those, mind you, who were unlucky to have pulled the short end of the stick, literally.

And after detecting the monster, they quickly informed the leader of their company, the Countess Myriel Pyr.

And she, to their surprise, decided to go and take care of the monster on her own. But not before ordering the two scouts to enjoy the festivities, for they had done a great job.

One could say that that was a reckless course of action, but the scouts knew of the capabilities of the Countess.

Thus, they conceded and let her go confront it without problems, for they genuinely thought that a simple Vipred would and should be easy pickings for her.

Yet, they had made a crucial and potentially fatal mistake.

A mistake that many hunters and mercenaries make due to the extremely similar appearance of both monsters.

Indeed, as it was but the simple, yet deadly matter of the shades of red that colored their scales.

And it was sadly not the monster they thought it was, but something worse.

Something that was full of joy to the fact that food was delivering itself to it.

"I had a feeling that something would come and try to ruin the party. Just like it always happened in the novels that Mikael would lend to me."

So said Countess Myriel as she unsheathed her sword, the same sword that her grandfather had made for her when he was still alive.

Some would say that the weapon was old and needed to be replaced, but those were fools who were ignorant of the amount of care she always poured into that weapon.

In any case, as the Countess assumed her preferred stance, the grass around her flattened as if something had begun to circle around her.

"Can you at least show yourself? Your presence is quite obvious by just looking at the grass and the floating red spots."

Of course, even if she said that, the Countess knew that the monster could not understand her. After all, a Vipred had low intelligence...but that was no Vipred.

"HSSSSSSSSS!"

And so, seemingly paying heed to Myriel’s request, the Scarnake showed itself while raising part of its body, clearly towering over the Countess.

"...! This…might be a problem.”

Having realized what the monster really was, the Countess could not help but feel fear. Yet, it was only for a moment, as she swallowed such crippling emotion and steeled herself, all as her eyes became as sharp as her blade.

“Still, in the name of the Pyr Household, I shan’t let you disturb our celebrations!”

Thus, she let out such words as her battle cry. Words that were full of pride for what her name meant to her, and that was not her toxic parents, but her grandparents and in some part, her elder brother.

“[Zurat]!"

Thus, she charged forward and unleashed a skill that made her sword and body move as one, doing so in swift but seemingly confusing movements, which the Scarnake tried to follow with its eyes but failed, for it was more than they could handle, and that created an opening for the Countess to attack.

"HAA!"

"HSSSSSS!"

An opening that she did not miss as she thrusted her sword into the Scarnake’s lower torso with everything she had, piercing through the Scarnake’s scales, and even drawing blood, but…

"No..."

...in the end, the muscles of the monster were much, much harder than she thought, and her sword got stuck in them.

"HSSSSSSSSSSS!!"

Of course, the Scarnake did not give her any time to pull out her sword, let alone jump back, as it immediately went in to strike at its prey with its large maw and its terrible fangs, and its prey was unable to do anything about it, for the monster was just…too fast for her.

It had won…

"[Kurat]!"

...or at least that was what the monster thought in the fraction of an instant that it took a mysterious figure to enter the fray in a flash of golden lightning and unleash their skill, slashing downwards and upwards at it.

Yet the figure did it so fast that it seemed as if both slashes had been done at the same time.

"HSS—!"

And that also meant that the Scarnake had no time to react before it died as half of its body was turned into three fillets.

“Yahahaha! Like a hero of old! Swift as lightning! Strong as even more lightning! I have a come to save the night! And now some advice for this sweet little girl! Myriel, you’re still too hasty! Don’t take on things by yourself without even knowing what’s really ahead of you! That’s bad! Bad, Myriel! Yahahahahahaha!”

A certain feeling formed in the heart of the Countess as she saw from whom such words came from, causing her already surprised expression to deepen.  

Her savior was none other than one of the Maid-Knights that had fought for the Capital.

Specifically, one who shared the same blonde hair as her, but instead of having it properly tied and styled like the Countess’, the Maid-Knight’s was simply wild, which perfectly complemented the spunky attitude her savior gave off.

Something that added more fuel to the feeling that had formed in the Countess’ heart, making it grow stronger and stronger.

"Y-you..."

"Hm? Arereree~? Could it be that you can recog—"

And as she looked into the green eyes of the woman in front of her, she was unable to hold back such feeling any longer.

"Who are you?! I mean, I know that you are one of the Maid-Knights, but who are you?! Why do you know the Pyr's household sword technique skills?! Where did you learn them?!! And why is it that you irritate me this much just with your voice?!!!"

That feeling was annoyance.

A very, very deep annoyance.

"Yahahahaha! Yep, that’s just like you, Myriel. Still, got to go! Bye! Ahahahahahaha!"

Faced with such barrage of questions, the Maid-Knight did not answer any of them and instead she cheerfully said goodbye before running back to the camp while laughing.

"W-waaaaait!! I am not finished with you!!"

But rather than just being left behind with her mouth agape at such happening, Countess Myriel decided to run after the maid, and she ran for quite the time until her target suddenly stopped.

"Ha...ha...ha...I...ha...told you to...ha...stop..."

So said the Countess as she tried to catch her breath, lowering her head in exhaustion.

"I apologize for my comrade's behavior, Countess Pyr."

Yet, in place of her savior, the Countess got a response from the one who caused said person to stop, making her raise her head and look upon the new person that was before her.

She was a bespectacled maid, one who was grabbing the blonde one by the face with an iron claw.

"Owowowowow..."

She too seemed quite annoyed at her.

"..."

"My comrade here should have escorted you back to the camp instead of running away like she did, which is something that she should know given her training. In any case, do not worry, I shall reprimand her appropriately."

"Ahahaha...but I knew she was going to run after me. That should count, rig—owowowowow!"

"No, it does not."

Before her comrade’s foolish words, the bespectacled maid declared that as she increased the strength of her iron claw.

"..."

"Hm? Countess Pyr? Are you alright?"

Having been speechless from the moment she saw the bespectacled maid; the Countess finally spoke when said maid asked such questions.

"Mi...Mikael?"

And her words were ones full of shock and hope, just like her overall expression.

"Wha—!? *cough* I mean...I do not know who is that person you are referring to."

In a useless attempt to cover up her momentaneous loss of composure, she not only said that with a nervous tone, but did so while looking away, which did not help her at all.

"You…I was the one who forced you to cross-dress that one time when we were kids! So do not lie to me! Goddess, you look as cute as back then!! No, even more!!"

With a bit of red on her cheeks, Myriel exclaimed that as she pointed at the now flustered maid.

"That's...! I..."

"That happened? OW! PLEASE LET ME GO!"

Still, the flustered maid kept looking away as she grew more and more nervous, which, to the misfortune of her comrade, also caused her grip strength to increase further.

"You are also using the same glasses I gifted to you back then! Ah! You are still using them even after all these years! That makes me so happy!"

A great joy filled Myriel for a moment as she realized that, but she quickly pulled herself together and digressed.

"No! That is not important now! Why are you cross-dressing?! Why are you a Maid-Knight?! Why are you even here in the first place?!! Also, where is my idiot brother?!! And why is that maid so annoying?!!"

Thus, Myriel shot question after question while the blonde maid kept twitching in pain, unable to break free from her comrade’s grip.

"It's not cross-dressing...."

So muttered the bespectacled maid.

"How come it is not, Mikael?! These ones can only be fake!"

With that, Myriel’s hand went towards the maid's chest and groped it.

*squish*

"Hyan!"

"Eh?"

Then she groped it again.

*squish*

“Nnh!”

“Eh?”

And again.

*squish*

"Hyan! S-stop...Myriel...th-they are sensitive..."

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH?!!!"

So exclaimed Myriel shocked by the realistic softness and elasticity of the maid's breasts, which confirmed one thing.

They were as real as hers.

And that meant that the bespectacled before her was a woman.

"But…but…but you even smell the same! Your voice is almost identical! And the mole!! You still have that small mole in the lower right side of your neck!"

"...!"

"..."

While the bespectacled maid was more than surprised by how deep the Countess’ knowledge of her went, the blonde maid had already gone limp after failing to break free from her friend’s grip.

A certain someone would even say that her soul was coming out of her mouth.

"'My choice'...I see. Master knew this was going to happen. She really is impressive..."

Muttered the bespectacled maid as the words of her Master appeared in her mind, words that she intended to follow.  

"Please, tell me it is you, Mikael! I lost both of you back then…and it hurt, it hurt so much. Even living in that house was never the same…all those memories…all those days that I hoped you would welcome me home like you used to…and not finding you there. And if that was not enough, I had to take care of everything while seeing your names be tarnished like that…!! I do not care about what turned you into a woman, just please…tell me that I am not wrong! Tell me that I did not lose my closest friend that night!”

 

So pleaded Myriel from the bottom of her heart, and yet, even then, her eyes still showed an incredible strength.

And of course, her words reached the hearts of both maids.

"Hey, I think it’s fine. Master would not be angry. She is not like that."

"I know."

The bespectacled maid said that as she let go of the blonde maid that had returned from the depths of unconsciousness to give her opinion.

"You are right, Myriel. It is me. But at the same time, I am not. My name is not Mikael anymore, it is Mika. So, hello again for the first time."

With that, Mika bowed as she did a formal salute, which, as per proper manners, Myriel needed to reciprocate.

But she had no time to worry about such trifle matters and immediately went to hug her.

"I do not care about that! I only care that it is you! You! You cannot know how happy I am!! You were branded a traitor, exiled and then they told us you were dead!! This is a miracle!!"

So she exclaimed as a single tear of happiness flowed down her cheek. And then, she realized something.

Something that even made her stop embracing Mika.

"Wait, could this mean that Lucyiel is also alive?!"

That.

She even grabbed the maid from her shoulders as she asked that.

"Yahahaha! That's me! Now I call myself Lucy though! Aren't I cute?♢"

Said Lucy as she did a cutesy pose and winked at her sister.

"..."

"..."

In response to that, both Mika and Myriel simply approached Lucy while ominous shadows covered their eyes and grabbed her.

"Be serious for once!"

Mika did so by the top of her head.

"So that is why you were so annoying!!! You idiot brother!!!"

And Myriel did so by the cheeks.

" Aiyaa~~, thish should be a happy reunion, right? Your big brother might be now a shishter, but I’m back!"

"Yes, you are right! Now I can let out all the stress I have been building up thanks to you!!"

Said Myriel as the grip on her sister’s cheeks grew stronger.

"*gulp*Mika, help me."

"Please endure, Lucy."

Said Mika with an ominous smile on her face.

"Ahahahaha...ha…"

That night, Mika, and the Countess returned to the camp looking strangely refreshed.

Meanwhile, Lucy returned with literal red cheeks and letting out small whimpers. But even then, she was smiling.

_________________________________

Aaah, this has been quite the night.

I did things I never thought I would do and those are now a weight I will carry forever.

But I also saw the smiles of the people I was able to save by doing those things.

I ate with them, drank with them, and even told a couple of jokes that could fit my edge alter role.

Who could have thought that I would be able to have some much fun? And in the absence of my novel collection!

If it has been that fun, why am I waiting by a tree that is a bit far from the camp, you ask?

Well, I was asked to come here.

By who?

Well…

"You are here, My Lord Auros. I am glad."

…by the now silver-haired beauty who is wearing the dress she had at the ball. And not only that, but her hovering armor has now become part of it, making her look even more mesmerizing…like an angel…

"..."

And I’m speechless...just what do I say? Nope, no idea.

I’m not dense, nor brain dead, so I can guess her reason, but...nope, not a single word is coming out of my mouth and she is getting closer and closer.

Come on! Say something!

Just look at her eyes! She is here not in the role of my right-hand woman but as a heroine!

So say something and summon that dress!!

"I believe I have a promise to keep. If so, come."

YES! I SAID IT! ALSO, I’M NOW WEARING MY DRESS!

AHH SHE GIGGLED AND IS NOW SMILING AS SHE EXTENDS HER HAND!!

"Then, shall we dance?"

SHEEEE SAID IIIIIIIT!!!

 

To be continued....(CUE AD FOR SILVER EREVAIN AND AUROS BALL DRESS FIGURES!) (UP NEXT! WELL, YOU CAN ALREADY GUESS IT, RIGHT?!)

Thank you for reading! I hope that you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did while revising it! If you did, do drop a heart on it and tell me in the comments below!

Now…time to talk about a couple of things! First, the second illustration is being drawn as we speak, and the first and second update is already available to all tier three patrons! The chapter that corresponds to it is a secret though, so please look forward to it! One thing I can say though, is that LARH is really giving it his all on this one!

Next meme! Err…I mean…next thing I need to talk about! Do you guys remember that I mentioned a poll for the third illustration? One that was for all patrons? Well, that one ended in a tie between the wholesome option and the lewd option! So, to decide which of those options will be the winner, I have decided to hold a second poll that will be available to everyone in my patreon! So, go and bring an end to this epic battle of wholesomeness vs lewdness! The link to it will be on the comments below!

And that’s it for me…AS IF! CHECK OUT FIA’S AMAZING SOPHIE FANART! IT’S FINISHED NOW AND IT LOOOKS SO GOOD!!

JUST LOOK AT THOSE FOLDS! THE EXPRESSION! AHHHH!! I LOVE IT! THANK YOU, FIA!

If you want to send me your fanart, you can do so via our discord server! There you share it in the fanart channel!

Special thanks from the bottom of my heart to: EmbraceTheSleeb, Lord-Hollow, YukisoraRin, LordInquisitorSteele, Anon, Anon2, Tikku, Teresa, Ayth, Knight_Redundant, Schoookie, sumdudeguy, pokio, greatred, eeleater, ChaTY, CrimsonNarwhal, NAEON, AnimeFreak1982 and Anon3!

Please do not translate my work without my permission. Favor de no traducir mi trabajo sin mi expreso permiso.

Please do not repost the official or the fan-made art shown here and in the story in general. Por favor no repostees el arte oficial o hecho por fans mostrado aquí y en la historia en general.

See you all next chapter! 

124