Chapter 20
3.7k 14 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20: SHOES 

What would happen if a person with a strength to lift a car returned to earth?

What would happen if a person with a Skill to burn a house within a second returned to earth?

Francisco thought about any possibilities when he returned. He now knew that he would be back after four months. 

(I rather rule all over the world than to be a king of these puny little thousands). Those words inspired him. Francisco smirked thinking that Kyle had a point.

"Level. I need to level up. I need to reach higher level for me to rule..."

He took his sword and started to cast his spell. He swung the sword until his arms were gone numb.

His dreams motivated him to become stronger. However, his dream would never come true. He would realize that it was impossible.

.....

....

...

..

.

A man opened the door and entered the room. He was huffing because he ran to inform his leader.

"Boss, Francisco visited them."

"Hm? We're already late, huh. What's his name again?"

 A large man was focusing his gaze to the people outside the window. He saw the Awakeners working their ways in everyday life. His name is Kalman. 

Behind him, the man was talking about Francisco's visit.

"Kyle, boss"

"Then what happened? Did he accept the alliance?"

Kalman glanced at him.

"No, sir. It looks like they didn't accept it."

"Good. You may leave"

The follower left and exited the room.

"... A one hit Skill huh"

He touched his chin. Nobody knew what Kalman's currently thinking right now.

.....

....

...

..

.

"What are we gonna do Mistress. Are we gonna leave them like that!!"

A woman yelled, hysterically a bit.

"I don't care about those males. They can f*ck themselves. Want I want is the girl that can bind the Gryphin. The Skill she used looks strong. I bet she can even control those Vines to do other things."

A woman who was sitting on a chair was talking nonchalantly to her colleague. 

"B- but if they join the other group, our group will start to lose!. We can't stop that kind of Skill. It's on another level!"

She stuttered.

"I don't care. By the way, what Item did they get after defeating the Boss?"

The two women argued. Mist began to form in the room.

.....

....

...

..

.

"Sir Lee Hal-Sung! Francisco made a move!"

"Let them be"

"But!"

"Let them be"

"... Yes, sir"

Lee Hal-Sung a Korean, used his skill to elevate many swords. He was spinning the swords using his mind and attacked a target hanging on the wall.

"Still not there…"

He pondered for a minute.

.....

....

...

..

.

While the other groups were busy. Kyle's party, their objectives, was busy identifying the equipment that they got. They looked excited looking at the loots.

"Just like the First Boss, we received a good amount of harvest. We get 4 Items and all of it are high class."

The girls celebrated the Items that they got. They worked hard and they felt their work was paid. Fighting monsters and the Boss was not easy.

"The greatest thing that we received is this...."

[Hermes Shoes: 

-Additional 25% speed

-Makes the user fly for 5 minutes]

"Say Kyle... Ca- can I get the shoes? I- I mean that Item is a good combination for my Skill-"

Niña was drooling when she stared at the shoes. The shoes were perfect for her.

"Okay. There you have it."

He tossed the shoes to her. She caught it carefully.

"Can I really have it!? You're not going to take it, right!?"

She glanced at him, thinking that maybe he was joking about giving the shoes.

"... Do I look like a person who can't keep his promise? Take it or else I'm going to give to others."

"Okay!! Thank you very much!"

Niña happily wore the shoes. The shoes looked beautiful, they had a black and red color. The shoelaces were shining crimson. Even though it was not sandals or high-heels, the shoes were elegant. It was perfect for moving, and it fits right with Niña feet.

"Sister Miriam, Lane. What do you think? Does it look good?"

Niña posed a bit, showing her shoes.

"Yes Niña. You look beautiful!"

Miriam giggled at the excited girl.

"Yup, the shoes looks good on you"

Little Lane nodded, she was staring at Niña. Her sister was gorgeous!

"Thank you!"

Niña hugged them.

"Well, another 3 centimeters has been added to your height-- Hey! What the F*ck!? That's dangerous!!!"

Mikael teased her and this was what he got. A flying knife came at him. He evaded and the knife traveled and pierced the wall.

The other 3 Items were good too, but still not good enough to compare in Hermes Shoes.

They didn't care about how the others see them. If the other group tried to face them, then they could just beat their face out. 

After all, the five of them were the strongest party in the District 3.

.....

....

...

..

.

[DISTRICT 1]

A woman was sitting on a throne. She was giving a cold aura and all that she touched turned to ice. Near her, you could see a dozen of ice statues. These were the people that tried to block her reigning as the Empress of this Castle.

In her front, you could see all of the Awakeners kneeling. They were afraid that they would be the next ice statue. They witnessed how this woman conquered the monsters.

The Empress of the District 1 was a Japanese woman named Yuuki Kouri. Just as her ability, her emotion was cold as ice. But you couldn't deny that she's a beauty. 

She got a cold expression and she had light blue eyes. Which made her more desirable. You can't stop yourself from looking at her.

However, her beauty couldn't give justification for what she had done. It didn't change the fact that she killed a hundred. The only thing that was good on her is she had a soft spot for children.

She protected all the children that she found. And she killed all the adults that blocked her ideals.

'Children are innocent while adults are devil' This is her motto. 

"So no one's going to answer huh.  I just killed the second Boss and when I came back. I saw that Cedy has a bruise on his knees and arms... WHO THE F*CK DID THAT!? I'll COUNT TO THREE. IF NO ONE ANSWERS, I'LL TURN ALL OF YOU TO STATUES. ONE. TWO. THRE-"

The woman glared down at the people, ice started to spread. The people shivered, afraid to die.

"Sister Yuuki. I already said to you that I fall on my own. The adults protected me, but I fall when we hide.  You can ask Christy about it."

A little boy pouted, he was talking to Kouri. He was trying to pacify the woman.

" Cedy is right, sister. No one hurt him."

"" Sister Yuuki, they didn't do it""

The children nodded their heads. They knew what would happen whenever Yuuki gets angry. They believed that all of the people would become statues if she became serious. 

Yuuki listened to them. She knew that the people were innocent. She just wanted to make them remember who the boss is. She touched the throne, and the place became colder.

"... I don't want this to happen again. Or else I'll kill all of you"

She showed that whoever tried to block her would die.

"""Yes, Empress"""

She stepped out of her throne and went to the children. Her footprints left freezing marks. She held Cedy's hand and walked out together with the children. Her cold and freezing hand didn't affect Cedy.

"Sister Yuuki, how many times do I have to say this?  Don't make any rash decision. You're going to suffer if you always do that."

The little boy reprimanded her.

"... I'm sorry"

"Hehe. It's okay. I know you're a good person and you just want to protect us. Sister Yuuki is the best!"

88