Chapter 23
3.4k 5 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23

The Leveling

The average level of Awakeners in District 3 was around level 50. Some reach level 70 but they can't fight thousands of monsters. Mikael was an abnormality, he had a good fighting instinct. And now that he found a way to use his talent. He bloomed as the strongest Awakener in District 3. 

Kyle was actually surprised about this,  when it comes to hand-to-hand combat he will lose against Mikael.

Mikael is a prodigy in fighting. He's born to fight. And Kyle knew it, he took Mikael because he knew that he have what it takes to become the strongest.

"Kuku, my guess is right. Mikael will be a great Hunter. If talent is the topic, he's on the same level with Kim Soo-Woon, The One Man Army. I'm actually thinking, what will happen if they fight? Who's going to win!? Hahahaha"

Kyle looked at Mikael who destroyed a hundred meters of ground and demolished thousands of monsters together.

"He's practically a demon when it comes to controlling his strength. "

"Now let's visit our Information Master."

Kyle went to Miriam. When he reached the destination. He found her shooting arrows nonstop. All of her arrows were hitting the enemies.  The arrow followed the monsters' heads and broke their skull. While she was shooting them, her eyes were tightly closed.

"....!!!!!. Hehehahaha.  Miriam, you rock! You really are Miriam of the Eye. You shot them while closing your eyes and relying on Skill. You are now fully adapted in using your Clairvoyance."

Miriam who's eyes were closed, looked in his direction. When Miriam found him, she shot an arrow. She was angry knowing that this man was always an audience, not doing anything.  She was putting her life on the line while Kyle was just watching.

*clang*

Kyle parried the arrow.

"You found me, huh"

"You damn f*ck*r!! Help us!! Don't just watch! This is not entertainment!"

Miriam shouted at him, her cheeks pouting.

"... Sigh, this is the reason why I hate you. We are different."

Another arrow flew at him.

.....

....

...

..

.

"Not bad"

He watched Niña killing a goblin shaman with her knife-throwing technique. She has a fast footstep and no one could follow her movement. 

"As expected to the world's greatest assassin, the no. 1 contact of  Underworld society. To meet you here in the Punishment is a great shock for me"

Kyle only knows her in the past life. Niña. The Windless. She was a famous assassin. She could assassinate any person. Her step was so fast that she left her target headless. They were dead before they knew it.

The Windless was only known for being a woman who came from Germany. She was always hidden in the dark. This was the only information that he had when it came to Niña. 

" She only moves for money. But I didn't know that the Goddess of Death is the same batch as I... but why does she turn to an assassin? She looked innocent. An 18 years old girl? How did she turn into a merciless Hunter?... What happened for her to change? "

He knew what would happen to the girl. After some years, the Guild Leader of FANGS will kill her. 

"Well, since I met her here in the Punishment. I'm sure her destiny has already changed."

 Kyle changed many things. He met Miriam and Niña and turned them to be his allies. He taught them how to get stronger and tell them what path they have to take to evolve their Skills.

"Many changed. But the major event will be irreversible. No man can stop the things that will happen. Such as the extinction of humanity..."

He paused.

"But now, there are new variables. I believe that Mikael and Lane have already died if I didn't help them. But I change their destiny. They will be the new variables of this timeline."

"Only God knows if my choice is right or wrong"

He walked to see what Lane's status was.

While walking he saw a large tree moving on its own. The tree smashed a monster by using its branches!!

"This is....."

When he looked at the top. He saw Lane sitting in the trunk, humming itsy bitsy spiders.

"!!! She's controlling the tree!? She evolved!! Hahahahaha. She gains another Skill!"

Kyle couldn't control himself and laugh.  

"Brother Kyle! Why are you here?"

"Hahahaha"

"Brother Kyle?... Did you go crazy? Ah! Brother brother! Look at this. I can control trees now!!!!"

"Haha, yes, you look amazing!"

"Really!? Thank you!"

Lane thanked him while the tree hit another monster. He met new abnormalities. To evolve a Skill needs a year. Skill Improvement was not an easy task. In the Awakening phase, he only knew seven people who had a strong power since the beginning. 

Two of them were in the other district. 

Ice Empress and Titan have strong abilities when they Awakened. Their Skills are on another level. However, these two have still not gained their Second Skill.   

... But now. He met another two. Mikael and Lane are basically monsters. They're human but they're monsters. They were the first and second people who gained their Second Skill. 

Even Kyle couldn't use his Skill practically. He needs a great amount of mana to fire an Orb Beam. His maximum right now was two.

"Thank God, we now have a chance to defeat the Basilisk. The battle will become easier for us, I can get that Crystal. Now, I have another assurance added to my sleeves"

He smirked, his eyes beaming. 

"I'm looking forward. Last Boss. We're gonna beat that ass of yours"

*Boom!!!! *

He heard another explosion. It was coming from Mikael's direction. 

*Boom!! *

And another one.

*Boom!! *

Another one again.

"..... Does he really hate monsters!? He's showing all of his power. I guess many people will become scared and traumatized... Oh! The four leaders will now find him as another obstacle. Well, it's actually good for me. Their attention will focus on Mikael. Since I need to accumulate mana "

Kyle grabbed his sword. He would start another massacre. Massacre of Monsters. 

91