Chapter 50
2.6k 11 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 50

Rena Scott was part of the first Awakeners that returned to Earth. When she first saw the Portals appearing in every different part of the world. She realized that everything was changing. 

She knew that Portals were housing thousands of Monsters. However, Rena attacked the Portal that appeared in her town. She killed monsters and became stronger. 

After she closed the Portal. Her name became famous. She's the first person that closed a Portal in the Philippines.

She's a half Cebuana and half American. She's known as the Protector of Visayas. She didn't let any Monsters set their foot outside her territory. The Visayas is safe because of Rena.

Rena is strong. That's why she knew that Chairman had a dangerous aura. 

' What Skill does this Old Man have?'

She thought. She didn't know the answer to this question. She only knew that this Chairman was a strong person. Not only that. She knew that the person besides her is a Hunter. Mikael was much stronger than them. Inside this room, he had the most formidable presence. 

'The recordings didn't take the part of Mikael's Skills. However, I believe this man is strong. He's stronger than Chairman. What happened in that Punishment Event? Why are they pouring so much bloodlust?'

The people had information about the Punishment Event. The Hunters said that they fought every night because millions of monsters always attack them when midnight comes. Their battle experience was honed in there. 

There were no survivors in the Punishment that was not strong. All of them had experience on how to fight thousands of monsters non-stop. The Hunters that survived that Event were strong. 1/3 of them were stronger than the first returnees. 

To survive in a place where every day was war was a great achievement and experience. 

The Chairman nodded when he felt that this is the right time to speak. 

"Good... My motives are simple. I just want to meet the strongest male and female Hunters of this country."

"Hey, I believe Miriam is stronger than her."

Mikael said. (Trying to open his coke)

"No. Based on what I see, Miriam's skill is not an attack type. She has talent in holding bow but except that she's mediocre. Am I right, Sir Tibano?"

Chairman faced him and asked. 

"If you already know it then don't ask me. I won't tell you anything about her Skill. As for the strongest bla bla, I believe Miriam didn't care about it. So I guess I'll give to this Girl."

He flicked his fingers and point at her.

"As if I give a f*ck about who's strongest. I only need two months to beat that Miriam"

Rena glared at him. She didn't like this type of people. Just because their level was higher, it didn't mean that they were strong. 

She believed that her talent was stronger than Miriam and this janitor. 

However, she needed time to prove it. 

"Anyway Chairman I don't believe that you only want to meet us. Just cut the bullsh*t and go straight to the point."

"Yeah, Rena's right."

"Tch. hey. Janitor. I didn't permit you to call my name. So shut up"

"Huuuu. I'm scared~ This whore wants to kill me~ huuu"

"You f*cker!"

Rena was pissed. She wants to cut this his head right now!

She tried to use her Skill but a big boulder appeared in the middle of them.

"Mister Mikael, Miss Rena please f*ck off. Hm."

Chairman smiled but his smile didn't represent any goodwill. 

He sighed. If he knew that this would happen, he shouldn't have asked these two to meet. However, he can't undo the past.

"If the two of you don't stop. This rock will surely crush you."

For the second time, the two became quiet and look at the Chairman. The room turned to silence. The Chairman spoke. 

"... Ehem. I'll be prank. The government wants the two of you to work for them. They-"

"Eh? F*ck that!"

"Is this a slavery contract? Who said that? Should I kill him?"

The two quickly objects him. They knew that their government was full of sh*t. They are greedy bastard who only loves their selves. Especially those senators... Ehem.  Anyway, the two didn't like it. 

"Is that so? Then I guess this meeting is done. You see the President doesn't want this however those other greedy bastards love to. Let's just say that the two of you didn't accept but you will protect our country from any invasion of Monsters. You will close the Portals even if they didn't ask you."

The Chairman chuckled, he knew that they would decline. 

"Hmmph- of course! It's our duty to kill those Monsters!"

Rena said and she's frustrated. She didn't want to be part of the toxic political agenda or anything. She was a Hunter, not a politician.

"Chairman... Could it be that those f*ckers force you to ask us to be their dogs?"

Mikael touches his chin. He's thinking about how to kill those f*ckers without leaving any evidence.

'How about... No, nevermind. I will only incur hatred if I do that.' 

He shook his head knowing that his idea was idiotic. 

Rena looked at the Chairman. 

The old man scratched his head and forced to speak. 

"You see... My qualifications to be the Chairman of HA is to force you to be their workers but don't worry. My position is already decided, they can't do anything about it as long as I don't do inconceivable things. I'll just show my Skills and they will be frightened anyway. You can get out now. The real reason why I want to see you is to know if you are a good guy. "

Chairman said. He wants to see if the strongest Hunter of their country is a blessing or a curse. Mikael, the Rank 1. He remembered how frightening his aura when he first saw him in the Ranking Hall. 

"There's a secretary outside so I need you to at least show some angry reactions"

"What are you talking about?"

Rena asked.

" Show them that you didn't agree... how about destroying the windows."

To frighten the senators, they must show their powers. To do that, Rena and Mikael need to show their angry reactions. 

"Hey, I thought you don't want to destroy this building?"

"Haha yes, I don't want to... What I mean is use your powers to push me outside the building but don't destroy the place too much. Just destroy the window and push me."

".... You are crazy!"

Rena stands up. She didn't know how this talk turned to pushing a person outside a building. They're on the top floor of a 120-meter building and this Chairman wants to jump....?

"Oh, I'm fine with that. What kind of push do you want? The harder or the softer one?"

"The harder one please."

"Damn, we got a strong one in the house."

Mikael got up and he started to stretch. He put his unopened coke on the table.

Rena's dumbfounded.

"W- wait! What going on!? I know that we need to show some reactions but why do we need to throw him!? "

"Hm, oh about that. Don't be afraid, I'll not die. Just throw me outside and everything will be okay. "

"..... You're crazy. You two are crazy! Did you hit your heads when you're in the Punishment? Perhaps the Punishment caused your heads to become insane. I-"

*Crash!*

Mikael kicked the Chairman outside the window. The glasses cracked and he fell. Before he falls, Rena saw the Chairman smiling like everything's fine. In fact, he looked happy...

"Okay, works done."

Mikael left the room. Rena's the only one inside she can't comprehend what happened.

The Chairman fell in the building. However, he didn't crash. The concrete road turned to mud.

*Splash!*

Muds rained and the Chairman was alive. 

He stood up. 

"Ah, so this is the feeling of free-falling huh. Next time, how about I jump out in an airplane without using a parachute..."

The Chairman who's age is 53, loves thrilling moments. 

...............

*Ring, ring!*

A group of people is happily drinking. They are a group of politicians. The Conference was a success and they want to celebrate. A person heard the call and open his phone.

"Hello, what happened? Did they accept the offer"

"Sir... They kick the Chairman out of the building... I believe we need to stop this plan. We can't control them. " 

The secretary gulped, he didn't want to ask the two because he's afraid to die. 

(Merry Christmas!!!)

76