Chapter 62
2.3k 8 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 62: Hydra

A Monster Wave happened in Qatar. Different types of reptiles crawled and destroy the place.  There were Snakes, Alligators, Lizards, and many more. However, the most frightening creature was the monster who had five heads. 

*crash!!*

One of the Hydra's heads breath fire and burns everything. The building fell and thousands died. 

Every structure that blocked its path was quickly demolished. They plummeted to pieces. 

A helicopter was encircling the perimeter. The reporter and cameraman did their job and broadcast the incident live. 

"Here in Al Khor, Qatar, a group of Monsters is destroying the city. Based on what we gathered, the Boss is a Lizard who has five heads. Because of th-"

"Aaahhhh!!!"

The cameraman screamed. A wyvern was flying in their direction. The wyvern smashed the helicopter. It dropped and exploded. Every people inside died. In the last footage that the audience saw was the deadly eye of the Wyvern, the helicopter rotated and crash. 

The people in their homes were flabbergasted. Their bodies were shaking witnessing the helicopter wrecked. They screamed and turn hysterical. They realized that the Red Portal was different from the other. 

They couldn't believe that the monsters in Red Portal, the reptiles, could destroy the whole middle east.

From now on, the world learned the seriousness of the word 'Monster Wave'. 

.....

....

...

..

.

The whole member of Redemption Guild response to this crisis.

Using Christian's private plane, they traveled to Qatar to face the monsters. 

Together with a couple of media, they reached the place to ease the situation. They immediately killed the enemies after they land. 

"What are we gonna about the Boss. This one is different. I already read the abilities of Hydra in the Book. It's stronger than the Basilisk. Every head has different Skills. This one has five, which means he has five different powers.  "

Mikael was asking about how to defeat the Hydra. The Hydra had a  height of 100 meters. It had five heads that could attack simultaneously. 

To fight this Boss, they need a dozen of level 200+ Hunters. They were only seven. It's hard to attack the Hydra with just seven of them. 

"We need to wait for the reinforcement. It's safer-"

"No, we will defeat it now."

Kyle declined the suggestion. He knew the abilities of the Hydra but he was confident that his team could beat it. He taught them and they were strong. 

"Me and Mikael will be the damage dealer. As for the other, distract their heads. The Hydra will be confused if many people target it's five head."

"Okay!"

"Beware of his Skills, especially the middle. The middle head can cast curse magic. No matter what happens, evade that one. His farthest head to the left has a Healing Ability.  The others can cast ice, fire, and lightning"

.....

....

...

..

.

*boom!!*

"Rrraaahhh!!!"

An Orb Beam hit the Hydra's head. The Hydra had high defense, it only wounded his body but it was not enough to hurt him. 

The Hydra cast a Lightning, Kyle dodged the incoming bolt. He chuckled, this type of attack was predictable. 

 While the Hydra was busy attacking Kyle. Miriam, Lane, and Christian use their long-range attack to distract his other heads. 

Lane and Christian were throwing

a block of stones to hinder the Hydra. Miriam pointed her arrows to his eyes.  

Dragon or not, the Hydra had the same weak spot like the other Monsters. Miriam shot its eyes. In just a second, dozen of arrows hit the eye. 

"Rrrraaagggghhhh!!"

The Hydra cried, he aggressively threw an AOE attack. 

Fire, Ice, and Lightning descended on the battlefield. Almost everything was destroyed. 

The Hydra utilized his healing spell to restore his wounded eye. He surveyed the surroundings to find the woman who injured him. 

The middle head began to glow, a dark smoke came out to his mouth. 

*shhaaa!!*

The Redemption immediately escaped, they knew that the smoke was deadly. They put distance so the Spell's Area of Effect would not hit them. 

*boom!!*

An Orb Beam hit the Hydra, his head wiggled because of the force. 

"Rroooaaaarrrr!!!!"

He cast a Fire Spell to blow any obstacle he sees. He saw that his enemies were four..... He couldn't find the other three!! 

Niña appeared and cut him. On the other side, a smoke transformed into a wolf. 

They both strike the eyes!

*slash!!!!*

"Rrrrrrraaaaagghhhh!!!"

The Hydra tried to smash them but the two vanished. He cried knowing that these people were playing on him. But this was just the beginning of his suffering. 

A man with a lightning Spear knocked his whole Healing caster head.

*baam!!!*

"Rrrraaaaahhhggggg!!!!"

It was blown off. His head that could cast healing spell was now gone. Instantly, he couldn't cure his wounds. 

"Rrraaaaggghhhhh!!!!"

One of his head was now gone, and he lost two eyes in that ambush. The Hydra was mad and released a powerful surge of energy. 

The ground began to shake. 

But the Redemption Guild would never back down. Kyle used his Orb Beam, it hit the middle head. The Hydra may have a strong defense, but he couldn't endure a barrage of Orb Beam. 

Another Orb Beam hit the middle. Yet another one hit him, again and again. Kyle didn't stop until the middle head was torn off. The Boss outcried because two of his head was now gone. 

Now, he only had three heads. He lost his healing and curse spell. He already lost his trump cards.

They fought the Hydra till the Boss had only one head. If he loses his last head, he knew that he would die. He already accepted his fate but he would never let it like that. 

For his last attack. He'll use a suicidal one. Since he is cornered and he would die, he decided to take at least one person with him. They'll both suffer in the Underworld. 

He already lost his ability to cast a spell. The only thing that he could do right now was to kill them physically.

For his last attack, he would kill a Hunter. He used his already injured eye, he saw that the enemies were far from him. They were using a long-range attack to end him.

He utilized another way of detection. The Dragon species had the ability to detect the flow of mana. As a subspecies, he inherited this talent. 

He wielded his six senses, and he found it!

A woman who was wearing a mask was close to him. She was holding a dagger to wait for another ambush. 

Hydra's decision was complete. He exerted his last attack to kill her! 

He charged and opened his mouth to eat her whole... but something happened. When he almost bit her, a man appeared to push Niña. The Hydra ate the man, after all, his mission was to kill at least one of them. He crunched the man so that he could kill it. 

*Crack*

He heard the bones crackling and swallow him. Now the Hydra could die with no regrets. 

71