Chapter 70
2.1k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 70: SELFISH

 After Seven sold the Iron T-rex, the two went to a restaurant with a private room.

Why did they do this? 

 Simply put, the Skill Book that Mikael holding was a High Class. 

If the other people found out about the Skill Book,  a level 600 Hunter may suddenly appear in front of them.  Being cautious was not a bad trait, in fact in this new era, cautious is a must.

 The strong rules and the weak became slaves.

 "Okay, before I agree I want to know first, who are you? How did you get this?"

Seven said. 

 He needed to know who Mikael was, giving a Skill Book to someone you do not know was suspicious.

 He must find if this man could be trusted, if he decides early, perhaps something bad would happen to him.  Maybe this was just a scam.

 "Me? Hmm, I don't know if I'm still famous. But I'm Mikael Tibano, I'm the Rank 1 of the first batch"

 He said it with a prideful and big voice.  Everything he said was true, that's why he's confident. 

 "Pfft- haha, don't make fun of me. The Lightning Tyrant !? Hahaha, he's been dead for a long time"

Seven held his stomach, he couldn't control it and laugh. 

 "....."

Mikael was surprised by the word, dead? He was dead? He thought he was only in a coma? When did he died?

He didn't know that his friends faked his death, the news and internet made an article about his end. Many were shocked about the news but it quickly subsides, overshadowed by the other big news.

"Gahaha! You? Mikael Tibano? As if! How can a dead man speak, huh!?"

 "It's me, Mikael. Try looking on the internet and you'll know I'm not kidding. You've seen some of my Skills, haven't you? It's lightning-based Skills."

"Tch, okay okay!"

He kicked his tongue, he couldn't believe that the excuse that this liar could make was idiotic. 

 Seven got angry, but even so, he opened his phone.  He browsed the internet and search.

 When he saw the picture on the phone, he was surprised.  The man had the same face, he saw that the weapon was exactly the same. Almost everything was identical. 

 "This ..."

He paused. 

 "Do you believe now? I'm Mikael, the Rank 1"

Mikael said while having a smug expression. 

 "B- But the news said you died!?"

 "I do not know about that, maybe my companions hid my circumstances"

 Seven didn't know what to do, a man whom the world thought was dead, was talking in front of him.  And it's the Rank 1 of the first batch, the legendary man that killed the Hydra.

 He pinched his cheek, he wanted to know if this was a dream.  But he was disappointed, this is reality, he was not dreaming.  He's now facing the man who became one of the strongest.

He shook his head and think about any bad possibilities.

 "No...... there are rumors saying that there's a Hunter that can copy the face of another person. You're not Mikael. You are an impostor."

 "..... What can I do to make you believe me? I just want to help and you're thinking I'm a bad guy"

Mikael sighed, Seven's defense was so strong and hard to penetrate. 

 "Prove it to me, I only saw one of your Skill, maybe it's an effect of an Item."

"Okay..."

 He activated his Lightning Strength.  Lightning flashed through Mikael's body.  After that, he also used Lightning Spear but he didn't cast it. The whole area shook but it didn't explode. 

 "... it's true"

 "Do you believe now?"

 He canceled his Skill, the lightning vanished. Seven nodded his head, he's now sure that this man was the Tyrant. No one could copy Skills and appearance at the same time.

Seven pondered about Mikael's situation. 

 "Why ... what happened? Why did you suddenly disappear? The Redemption said that you died in a Dungeon Raid"

"Well, I think it's their move to protect me, You see it's a long story....."

 "I'm ready to listen. You said that I'll work for you, right?  I'll be your assistant if you tell me everything. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone else"

 Mikael was the real deal, which means the Skill book was also true,  and the offer is real, so he decided to accept it. But before that, he needs to learn his story. He must find if this man was trustworthy. 

 "All right, I guess you got a point."

 .....

 ....

 ...

 ..

 .

 "A curse huh. So you're sleeping? The whole six years? And you just woke up last week?"

Seven massage his head, how could he believe that unbelievable story? He knew that there's a possibility that it would happen, but it's a ratio of one and a million. 

"Yeah, it's like a movie right? Just like the Walking Dead and World's End Harem... Ehem! Anyway, I want you to work for me because this world was different and my knowledge was not vast. And I want to help, you said your sister needs an operation? I checked my bank account, my money was still there. I could give you a complete 7 million now."

 He had tons of many, he would lose nothing if he shares some.  Though the only reason he was doing this was because he wants to ease his aching heart. He wanted to help people no matter how small or big.

 "Well, comatose because of Curse was normal now, heck, someone even died just because of a simple anti- sleeping Curse...... Okay, I believe you. I knew everything you said is true. And you really are the Tyrant, huh, but why? Why do you want to help me? Why go this far?"

 Seven was confused, he felt like destiny was playing tricks on him.

 "Because I want to help ... nope. I'm doing this for myself. I slept for six years, when I woke up, everything changed. My friends were gone, I found out that Grandpa was dead. Then Grandma ... I just want to ease myself. I want to do something that will soothe my painful heart "

Mikael grimly said everything, all of it was the truth. He wanted to do something valuable. He wanted to find the significance of life. He remembered the woman that he loves, his chest ached, he thought that maybe Niña has already forgotten him. 

 "....."

 Seven just listened.  They do not know each other and they only meet now, but he could relate. It is easy to imagine what Mikael feels.

 He was also one of the people who lost his loved ones. He only have Adalyn, his little sister. If Adalyn died, he would definitely commit suicide.

 It hurts to be left alone in this sad world. He sighed thinking how miserable Mikael's situation. However, his situation was more miserable.

He bows to his new boss. 

 "My sister, Adalyn. Please help her. I'll be your assistant, I'll tell you everything I know!"

Mikael smiled. 

 "Good, take this Book. From now on, you'll be my assistant!"

62