Chapter 90
2k 18 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 90: LETTER 

 After a good beating, the two rest their bodies on the ground.

 Heavy breathing came out at their mouths.  How many times did they experience being beaten by the Patriarch?  This was their outcome whenever the training ends.

 Tired and bruised. They panted. 

 "Haahh, your grandfather. Ugh, ruthless, he was bullying us... Gah!"

 "Nyuhah!"

 Furrneka used her remaining strength to stand up.  She walked slowly to reach her destination.  She entered the mansion.

 "... Really. She didn't give me a glance. What am I doing here? Maybe I should escape?"

 He took a potion from the Inventory and drank it.  He lost his scars and wounds.

 "As for the broken bones, it will take a few hours before it heals"

The ring of Kraken slowly regenerates his body. 

 He got up and went in. Inside the mansion he saw a man, it was Sekena's husband.

 "Hello sir Mikael"

Jubero bow at him.  He was showing respect.  Mikael was the Kampi of lady Furrneka, the next heir. As her partner, it could be said that Mikael was now the young master of the Cat tribe because he would be Furrneka's future husband. That is if all goes well.

 "Jubero? Do you have something to say?"

 Mikael wondered.  Jubero, Sekena's husband, was a quiet man.  He would not speak for no reason.  In fact, this was the first time Jubero had talked to him.

 "Yes Sir, Kalman is in the mansion to visit you. He's waiting in the lobby"

 "Ah is that so. All right I will go, thank you"

 Jubero bow his head and left.

 "... Kalman huh"

 He entered his room, took a bath, and changed his clothes.  The whole fight made him dirty.  After he had done everything, he left the room.  He went to the lobby where Kalman is.

 "Hey, Kalman, how are you? I thought you are busy?"

 "Pretty much, let's just say this is part of my job"

 Kalman was sitting his large body on a fully decorated chair.

 "Work? This visit?"

 "Yes, I have a message for you, it's a letter"

 Kalman tossed a letter.  Mikael touched the letter but didn't read it first.  He studied the letter, maybe there's something strange.

 "Letter? From who?"

 "I don't know, just told me to give it to you"

 "Who told you?"

 Mikael still didn't know many things, just like Kalman's boss.  He did not know to whom Kalman was working. He couldn't see any emblem on his clothes. 

 'Kalman was one the first batch. He's one of the earliest Hunter. For him to become an underling, how interesting' He thought. 

 "Confidential. All I can say is that my boss is a strong man"

 "Okay. Do I have to read this now?"

 "It's up to you. I'm leaving now, so take care"

 He stood up and left.  Obviously, he was busy.

 "Okay bye man"

 Since their conversation ended early, Mikael decided to return.

 When he was in the room.  He tried to detect if there's any person inside or near his room.

 "... I didn't feel anyone. But letter? At this time? There is still someone who uses letters? Is it still trendy?"

 He opened the letter and read it.  The sender had a blank name.  He didn't know who sent him the letter.

 But there's an important message.  Only one sentence was written and Mikael felt weird.

 [Your comrades betrayed you]

 "... and? That's it? Is that all?"

 He was not sure if the letter is real or not.  He wasn't sure if the others betrayed him.  But he knew that his brother was hiding something.  Miriam also did not visit him.

 Lane, Kyle, Christian, and Niña.  Even these four people didn't show up to him.

 It's already a year, but still no hint.  Maybe they already knew that Mikael woke up, but they didn't visit.

 "They are hiding something ..."

 The letter may have been right. Is the reason why they didn't want to approach Mikael?  Why did they disband?

 During the six years that Mikael slept, what happened?

 What's the reason for their changes? Who sent this letter?

62