Chapter 167
1.2k 14 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 167

<Mikael PoV>

"You may rise."

A sweet voice entered my ears, I was struck by the voice but I could still stand. I lifted my body and looked at the woman in front of me. She was smaller than me, perhaps five inches smaller, so I was looking down a little bit. 

What appeared in my vision was a woman who had short silver hair and long ears, her eyes were greenish-brown. She wears a necklace but it was hidden in her dress. I have these thoughts that something was not right and I didn't know what it is. However, when the Princess spoke again, something slowly came into the picture. 

"I am Princess Delabelle y Angsalvor…"

The princess stated her name and bowed with a gesture of respect, I wasn't looking at that. My mind was working trying to remember something… I felt like I've heard this voice before, I'm confidently sure. Her voice kept tugging my heart and I don't know the reason! I want to know why...

"Um, Princess have we met before?"

I used my calm voice not to scare her, I found that the princess was blushing but it seemed like it was because of the burning heat of the sun. Princess Belle smiled elegantly as she shook her head with a poise. She looked dignified with just a little bit of movement. 

"No, I believe not, Mister Mikael, if this is a type of pick-up line, fufufu then it's not working."

She giggled, covering her mouth with her hand. She was holding her umbrella and she slightly moved it downward, for a moment I lost her because of the umbrella between us. However, she quickly raised it and stared at me with her green eyes. 

"Mister Mikael, I believe we have something we have to talk about."

She walked and went near the edge of the railings of the structure. She was looking at the city, the busy lively city. Her eyes cast over the city as the bustling continued. 

I followed and stayed next to her, there was a meter between us. I decided to put distance because I didn't want to angry a princess because of my lack of manners. I heard that they hate it when someone was trying to get close to them, especially if it's an unknown person… Well, all of us don't like that. 

Princess Belle's voice was still lingering in my head and I'm trying to recall where I heard it. I believe I heard it twice or thrice, I'm not sure. 

"Mister Mikael."

However, the princess stopped my concentration and called me. I looked at her, for a moment, I thought I saw her pouting but it seemed like it was just my hallucination. 

"We can not talk well if you are away from me. It's okay, I give you the privilege of talking close to me, although you still need to be conscious of your manner, understood?"

"Yes, princess."

I step in and got close to her, now only 20 inches was the distance between us. I saw her smiling when she watched me getting close, looked like princess Belle is a good person. 

"You are a Hunter, am I right? Mister Mikael, do you see the people who are walking in the city?"

She asked me.

I'm not a Hunter who had a vision-type Skill like Miriam, however, I could still see the people at this distance. If I used my Title, I'm confident that I could clearly see them.

"I can see them."

She nodded because of my answer. Then, she started to say some questions that I found odd and unrelated to Niña. I thought I'm here because she wanted to talk about Niña but perhaps I'm wrong. 

"If something massive happened, will you save these people? Will you save these normal and innocent people who didn't have the strength to protect themselves?"

It was a question that I could answer well.

"Yes I will help them, I already felt the pain of losing your loved ones, I didn't want any of these people to experience it because I know that it will be hard for them. I mean, I know that I can not save them all, but I will do my best to do it. However, I have a motto, or rather a promise that I keep swearing in myself. I will protect my family, so if large destruction will really happen, I will prioritize my family first."

These were my honest thoughts. If something happened, I will save my loved ones first before saving any strangers, they were my everything. Princess Belle giggled when she heard my answer. 

"Fufufu, I hope you won't forget your answer, Mister Mikael."

She glanced at me… this woman…

"Princess, I know that I asked this earlier but… Did we really meet before? I feel like your voice seems familiar, I don't know why."

Princess Belle's eyes widened and they trembled. I wanted to ask her again but she shook her head and opened her mouth. 

"I'm sorry, Mister Mikael but we did not meet. This is the first time I saw you."

There was a bit of shaking when she spoke, I believed that I pissed her so I closed my mouth and did not ask.

"Mister Mikael, do you know that I and Niña were close friends. Before she assassinated my sister, we know each other."

"Eh?"

My mouth opened in its own, and a word of surprised escaped. I didn't know about it, Niña didn't tell me that… Well, Klein told me that Niña always went to Japan when she was on a day off when they were still working under the Redemption. Still, it was a shock to me that Niña and princess Belle were actually friends. 

"She used me to kill my sister… she didn't infiltrate the castle, I let her in. Only the Elders knew this. "

"……"

I didn't know what to answer so I just kept my mouth close and listened. 

"That woman… I feel betrayed."

I saw her clenching her umbrella, she was staring at the city but I knew that she was thinking about the past. 

(14/150 power stones in Webnovel: 1 chapter.

 For every subscription in Hunter Tier, I'll add one advance chapter. )

33