Chapter 171
1.1k 18 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 171

Mikael made his move, he released jet-black lightning and his surroundings were gradually electrocuted. The large trees around him bent as the force erupted, they were kneeling in front of the mighty presence of Mikael.

Since he was the only remaining member of his team, he understood that he must eliminate all of the participants. That was the only way for him to win. 

He switched on his Lightning Strength and started to sweep all of the rats in the vicinity. The USA was the first in the line to win this battle, two of their members ran to escape the place. Mikael threw his Spear at them, it exploded and they crashed into the trees. It was rough but Mikael was rough in the first place.

"I won't let anyone of you escape this place."

He dashed and targeted the nearest person, the poor man lost his mind when the weight of the Spear fell down into him. 

 

Mikael did all of the attacks flawlessly and eliminated them swiftly... It was actually horrible to watch since he didn't hold back, sounds of rupturing fleshes and cracking bones echoed together with the screams of the participants.

………

……

Mikael was huffing, eliminating all of the enemies was hard and he spent a large portion of his mana just to ran after them. They were rats being hunted by a ferocious cat.

The timer was slowly counting down, he gazed at the ticking clock and stretched his body. He thought that he already won… However, he recalled what happened earlier. His body was put inside a picture and he couldn't exit the place, he had to wait for the picture to open itself. Mikael realized a massive mistake. 

"… Could it be that!!"

Mikael widened his eyes, he looked around the place. He scanned the area, he believed that there was a picture around. The problem was he couldn't find where it is.

"I didn't see the two other members of the Japanese team!"

He yelled, the more he studied the event, the more his thoughts becoming clear. Now, he understood that the two members of the Japanese team were hiding inside the picture. They were waiting for the countdown to end, it would be an easy win for them.

"Tch! they got me this time huh. How could I find them? This place is a kilometer wide! Pfft- it seems like I lost, haha, it's fun anyway. "

Mikael chuckled, he was staring at the timer. No matter how many times he scanned this place, he knew that it would be hard to find a small piece of paper, the picture could be hidden in many places. And the greatest enemy that Mikael was facing right now was time. He was racing against time, and he knew that he won't win.

"Well, this is it for me!"

Mikael unsummoned his weapon, he already accepted his defeat. He was staring at the timer again, only fifteen seconds remaining. It would be impossible to find a picture in this kilometers wide forest.

"Now, should I do an eeny, meeny, miny, moe? Yeah, let's do that.

Mikael decided to spend the five seconds doing a counting rhyme. It was an unexpected moment that nobody could understand, why did he decide to sing?

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe,

Should I let them go?

Or should I kill the hoes?

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe."

Mikael did his own version, it was passable although the rhythm was a bit off. After singing, he laughed and called his weapon again.

"Hahaha! Of course, I won't let this end like this! I still have my will to fight! Title on!!!"

The atmosphere changed, black lightning wrapped him. Mikael used his Dragon Slayer! His shoulders were encircled with golden scales. His eyes became slanted like the eyes of a lizard. He activated the power of the Dragon!

Ten seconds.

Mikael felt the presence of mana flowing through everything. The mana was everywhere and he could totally feel the untouchable energy. 

Nine seconds.

He started to scan the place, he spread his mana-detection to the utmost that he could do. It reached 200 meters radius, and within this radius, Mikael felt the movement of the mana. 

Eight seconds.

The undetectable mana became naked in front of him, Mikael's concentration was on the top. He was seriously trying to locate the small piece of paper.

Seven seconds.

"Paper, paper, paper picture, where are you ~"

He started to sing nonsense lyrics. The audiences who watched him didn't know what he was doing. They knew that two Hunters were hiding and they were confused why Mikael was standing like a tree. Instead of finding the enemies, he was standing, unmoving, and singing an upfront made song. 

Six seconds.

Mikael grinned. 

"Got you!"

He lifted his Lightning Void Spear and thrashed them into the sky. After that, Mikael dashed too. The Spear and Mikael traveled into the place where the picture was hidden. 

Five seconds.

The Spear arrived first, it descended and hit a tree. The weapon exploded and a small picture was set ablaze. Two people came out of the picture, they were shocked. They didn't think that their hiding place would be found. 

Four seconds.

However, before they could understand what was going on, a man appeared and punched the face of one of them. The man flew and rolled on the ground, he was out of the battle before he could do anything. 

As for the other, she easily returned to her sense when she saw the figure of the ravaging Mikael.

"You escaped, but you will return again!"

She extended her hands and cast her Skill, a flash of light almost caught Mikael. Our protagonist greatly understood what would happen if the light touched him again. The light brightened the place, the inevitable defeat would transpire if the light hit him. 

Three seconds!

Mikael used his remaining mana, together with his Lightning Multiplier and the characteristics of Serpent, Mikael beat the speed of light! His body vanished before the light hit him, he disintegrated and become a bolt of lightning!!

"So you are the one who had that Skill!"

Two seconds!!

He yelled and clenched his fist, his body reconstructed behind her, his opponent was a female but this is a battle. He would surely regret it if he won't use his full power. The fist hurried into the woman. The woman closed her eyes and readied herself for the pain that was coming. 

One second!!!

However, the punch never came. The Japanese woman opened her eyes, she was shivering and at any moment she would leak. She lost her strength and fell on her knees. 

She was staring at the man, no, she was staring at the monster. 

Mikael lost his consciousness, he landed on the ground, he failed. He was already spent dry before he even escaped the picture, he fought five strong Hunters and lost his arm. To regenerate his arm, he spent another mana. After that, when he escaped the picture, he realized that he must eliminate all the participants, and he really did, except for the two members of the Japanese team. He spent another mana doing it, then after using his Title to hunt them, he spent another mana. 

And last and the main factor, Mikael defeated the speed of light, just to do that, all of his mana was spent. It was obvious that he didn't have any strength anymore. He fainted and lost the battle. 

The Japanese woman shivered, she cast her Skill again and hid inside the picture. 

………

……

The battle ended and the Japanese advanced to the next round. The people who watched the fight were shouting so loud. They were amazed and impressed at Mikael. Right now, at the arena, only one name was coming out of their mouths. 

"Mikael, Mikael, Mikael!!!"

[Too cliche if I let Mikael win.]

(-47/150 power stones in Webnovel: 1 chapter.)

(-Twenty-five advanced chapters in Patreon.)

30