Chapter 233
884 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm back madafakah!! Welp, I have a part-time job for five days. You know, real-life stuff, I have to earn money for me to eat… So I really appreciate it whenever someone supports my writing.

Chapter 233

A group of people was transported to a wide hall. Inside this place, tables were all around and food was on top of the table together with the wines. They were in a banquet, however, despite being transported to a new place, the people were not surprised. They already knew that this thing would happen.

This was the Ranking Hall, the place where the top 100 of the Punishment Event would receive their rewards. The Awakeners gulped as they started to feel the presence of Hamlet the clown. Hamlet was famous for being an unknown existence, some speculated that Hamlet was the game master but the clown denied it. He said that the master of the Awakening was the little girl that was talking in the sky, the Hunters acknowledge that but they were still not completely sure. In the first place, the little girl didn't show her face, she was still unknown. No one even saw her.

"Kishishi. Hello, Awakeners I'm Hamlet! First of all, I want to thank and congratulate everyone here. To reach the top 100 is a great accomplishment! Clap your hands, everybody!"

As always, Hamlet would greet them with a cackle. The clown was smiling and started going up the stage, the Hunters looked at him quietly. They felt an insurmountable power deep within the clown, they understood that they would die if they disturbed him. Their eyes were glued to him, Hamlet clapped his hands and started explaining the Ranking Hall. Although almost all of the Hunters knew what the Ranking Hall meant, they still listened to him.

Hamlet was happy that the batch this time was submissive, sometimes, he would have rowdy fellas in the crowd. Just like Kyle and Mikael, or Kim Soo-Woon and Ivan Smirnov. He inhaled and begun calling their names.

As always, he would start with the lowest, which he called the Top 100. The people silently moved around and gave way to the stage. Some of the Awakeners looked at the people that were called by Hamlet, they wanted to know if they were going to be a rising talent. Each of them was assessing each other, they wanted to know who's going to be who. Their eyes darted to the stage and discern the Items that were being distributed.

Stealing was not allowed in the Ranking Hall, Hamlet would kill anyone who tried to steal.

Some of the Awakeners approach the tables and started eating. They were hungry, although the food was delicious in the Punishment, they didn't have any alcohol to drink. The beverage was not in the Punishment, the Awakeners who knew each other started drinking and had a happy time. They gulped the alcohol down while waiting for their names to be called. After six months, this was the first time they tasted the sweet taste of alcohol.

Overall, the atmosphere in the Ranking Hall was peaceful. After this party, they could return to the Earth and have time to sleep in a soft comfortable bed. They were oblivious that a large incident happened in Brazil that caused massive damage, not only to the country but to the whole wide world. Another species migrated and as of now, the Methuselahs were still not coping with the Earth, there was still some crisis here and there.

"And now, let's go to the Top 10."

Hamlet announced and the Awakeners listened attentively, they brought down their drinks and stared at the stage. The lively noises subsided and they all opened their ears just to hear the Top 10. They wanted to know who would be the strongest of their batch, they wanted to know who were the people that would represent their batch.

Some of the talented ones already guessed the Top 10 since they already scanned the place, they saw who they were.

"Top 7, Adalyn Navar."

A young girl climbed the stairs and met the famous clown, she was trembling while receiving her rewards. Neither in her mind would she knew that she would be going to be part of the Top 10, she was just a normal girl. If not because of her sister, she knew that she would never reach this standing. She didn't know what to do except bowing and thanking Hamlet.

"T- Thank you, sir!"

"Kishishi, your welcome."

Hamlet waved his hand, Adalyn started going down, she saw people watching her. Some of them were looking at the Reward that she got. It was a cape, Adalyn was not sure about the function of this cape but she knew that this Item would be an important part of her leveling. The Items that Hamlet gave were always relevant and sometimes connected to their Skills.

"Phew…"

"You did a good job."

"Thank you, ate Meda."

Adalyn breathed relief when she returned to her area, a mature woman tapped her head and comfort her. Adalyn raised her head and hugged the woman. The woman caressed her head and nodded. She returned her eyes to Hamlet, she was anxious too. Her name was still not getting called, she was hoping that she was never going to be the Top 1, that would be a curse for her.

Everybody in this Hall understood what would happen to the Rank 1, they were being hunted before they could consume their Evolution Stones. It was a normal occurrence and she didn't want to be part of it.

'My Skill focused on healing but I'm shocked to know that the experience points it gives to me are much higher than the average healers…'

She swallowed her saliva and hoped that she won't become Rank 1.

However, it seemed like she made a jinx. The Hall was filled with tension, the Awakeners completely stopped talking and waited for the last name.

"Rank 1, Andromeda Felice. Let's all give her applause!"

The Awakeners started clapping and the noise resounded all around. However, no one was happy, all of them were waiting for the Rank 1 to reach the stage. Some of them were smirking, they immediately understood that the Evolution Stone would be stolen.

"Ate…"

Adalyn grabbed Andromeda, she didn't want her to go to the stage. Andromeda shook her head and released her hands, she smiled but her eyes were red too. Andromeda started wiping the tears before they could fall, she regulated her breathing and approach the stage. Adalyn wanted to stop her but Andromeda's glare stopped her from doing so. The little girl started crying, some of the people took pity on her and shook their heads, they knew that Andromeda would die.

Based on the atmosphere, most of the people looked at Andromeda with hatred and jealousy. They were staring at the casket where the Evolution Stone was. They were like snakes that were ready to poison her, their glares were so vicious and made Andromeda shivered. 

(Where is Andromeda?)

(Who's Andromeda?)

(Why is Andromeda?)

18