Chapter 242
707 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 242

Luther threw the staff, he was releasing poisonous air. He slowly stood and glared at Andromeda, this woman did him badly. His skin color returned to normal and he successfully stopped the poison. He was gritting his teeth, he lifted his scythe and tried to cut her into two.

Andromeda felt her death so she ducked and evaded it, fortunately, the scythe didn't hit her. She tried to cast another Heal but she was kicked in the stomach. She gasped as she rolled on the ground. She coughed and weakly got up.

She raised her two arms and did a fighting stance like a boxer. She knew boxing because she wanted to stay fit so she visited a boxing gym. She was not sure if this would help her but she got nothing anyway. She healed the internal damage she received from the kick. Her eyes were looking at Luther intently.

"This bitch! Ptui!"

Luther spat blood on the ground, his head was bleeding from the blows he got from her.

Andromeda didn't waste any time, she cast another High Heal to Luther.

"Do you think I'm stupid to get hit by that twice!?"

He roared and appeared in front of her. He raised his weapon to end this. His mission was to acquire the Evolution Stone, he didn't care about Andromeda.

Andromeda was scared, she turned pale as she witnessed how the scythe moved, she started recalling her memories… and one name came out of her mouth.

"Mikae-"

"Don't speak. Only I can say that."

The scythe swung but a person appeared and deflected the attack. A woman who was wearing an unusual mask thwarted the scythe. Sparks came out of their weapons.

Luther was pushed back by the force. His eyes widened.

"Who are you!?"

He asked narrowing his eyes. Luther was a high rank. In fact, he was part of the second batch and his power was on par with guild leaders of the strong guilds. He was confident in terms of his strength. But as of now, he was being pushed back by a woman smaller than him. He was shocked. 

"You don't have to know, because you will die here."

Niña vanished like a wind.

"This ability, I see, I can't believe that I will meet the Goddess of Death here."

Luther grinned. He identified Niña by her attire and Skill, he only knew one Hunter who wears a mask and could turn invisible. It's Niña Hasvolge.

"Hoh, I'm surprised that you know me."

"Of course, you are the most famous assassin. You are the only one who accomplished killing a Princess. Even now, people still respect you, and they want to take your head too. You know, the usual, making your head a trophy."

"You are disgusting."

"Yeah, I know that."

Luther swung his scythe and released poison in the air. He couldn't find Niña but it didn't mean that he couldn't kill her. As long as she inhaled his poison, she would die. 

'Even Hunters who had strong resistance to poison can't block mine. They will start to get weak until they will cough blood. Now, how long will you last?'

He licked his lips. His name would become famous if he killed Niña here. 

'The era of the 1st batch end. Even your Rank 1 become a pathetic man who joined the Tournament just to reclaim his fame.'

He thought. He is Hunter and his job is to fight, he despised those people who show their power for entertainment. For him, the Tournament was a humiliation. 

'Bunch of people hungry to get approval.'

He waved his scythe and increased the toxicity of his poison. He was waiting for Niña to show herself.

"Come on, show yourself and this big daddy will help you with your problem. Maybe I can give you a fast death if you begged."

He smiled. However, minutes passed but nothing happened.

"Hm? Strange, she should be coughing blood now."

He tilted his head. 

"I think you forgot something."

"!!"

Stab!!

"Gah!"

Luther widened his eyes as the dagger sunk deep in his chest. 

"H- how?!"

Luther couldn't believe that Niña didn't get affected by the poison. 

"Don't ask me, ask that woman."

Niña had a cold tone while saying it. She too was surprised to know that she didn't get poisoned.

"Hagah!"

Luther looked around as his mouth started coughing blood. He found the reason.

'I see.'

He realized that Andromeda's hand was glowing and she cast a High Heal to Niña. Because of that, the Windless easily approached him without any backlash. 

' So I will die… Heh, not bad dying in the hands of the Windless and newest Rank 1.'

Niña twisted the dagger which caused Luther to writhe in pain. 

"Your grin disgust me."

"Heh-"

Slash!

………
……

Niña returned her dagger in her sheath. The eyes behind her mask looked at the mutilated person, Luther was strong but he was defeated because of underestimating Andromeda. 

She turned around and found that Andromeda was trying to fix the staff. Luther destroyed the staff when he grabbed it. 

Andromeda was the type who put importance on her belongings. She was sad that the Item she spent time within the Punishment was destroyed. 

However, when she looked up, she saw that Niña was looking at her with glaring eyes. She was skeptical why Niña appeared and protected her. She only saw this woman on television.

'Did Mikael sent her to protect me?'

She was not sure, but she was hoping.

Her thoughts were stopped when Niña knelt and looked at her eye to eye. Her blue eyes were shining and Andromeda felt that her back was sweating. 

"You, don't ever say that name."

Niña said. She was oblivious about Andromeda and Mikael's relationship and she didn't care. She was here because of the promise she said to Princess Belle. This is her repayment. 

" I protected you not because I want to. I made a promise to this sly and secretive woman. If you want to die then it's not my problem anymore."

She didn't elaborate what she said and Andromeda was perplexed about what she meant. Because of the pressure that Niña was releasing, Andromeda couldn't speak and she only nodded. 

"Stand up."

Andromeda weakly stood, she returned the staff in her Inventories hoping that it may get fixed. 

"We must escape, they are coming."

"W- What do you mean? Can I get at least an answer to that?"

Andromeda asked, she was afraid to speak but she wanted to know the enemies who were after her life. 

"You want to know? The Redemption wants you. Aside from them, other organizations want to kill you and steal the Evolution Stone. Ptui, they are pathetic. Using dirty works to get stronger."

Andromeda gulped down realizing the severity of her situation. She nodded and decided to follow her. 

19