Chapter 243
672 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 243

Andromeda followed Niña. She was not sure where they are going but she trusted the woman. Her gut feel was telling her that Niña is an ally and she would do her best to protect her. Andromeda put her trust in Niña. One of the reasons is because Niña and Mikael have a relationship and it was obvious that even now they are still in a relationship. 

'The way she glared at me when I said Mikael's name tells everything.'

Andromeda was not bitter about it. She knew that she was just a nobody, a simple classmate in Elementary, that was her connection to Mikael. However, deep inside, she was hoping that Mikael would look at her. At least one, she hoped that Mikael…

"Wait here."

Niña commanded. Andromeda stopped walking and looked around. They were on a sidewalk of the highway, she saw people walking around. Andromeda was curious why Niña took her here. 

'Does she has a reason why we are here?'

Andromeda was being hunted and she knew that battle would arise. 

'Then, why did she bring me here? A lot of people are here, they will be caught up if a battle happened here… Could it be that she's using the people as a shield?'

She was right, Niña took her to a populated area so that the enemies would hesitate to attack them. 

"Um, Niña-"

"Don't talk to me, and don't call me Niña, we are not friends."

Niña replied while checking something in her Inventories.

"T- Then, Miss Niña."

"Yeah, you can use that."

"Why are we here? Isn't it dangerous to stay here, many people will get caught if a battle happened here."

She said.

Niña shrugged and turned back to her.

"You see, this is the best way to escape. I know that it's bad but I have my priorities. Or are you saying that you have a better idea?"

"N-no."

"Good."

Niña returned looking for something in her Inventories. 

Andromeda was looking around in case an attack happened. At any moment, she was ready to cast her healing. 

"Okay let's go."

After some time, Niña found the Item.

"I don't want to use it because it reminds me of that fucker. Sigh, why is he even like this? He always monopolized the new technologies."

She murmured, cursing someone.

She took out a small cube. This cube was a size of a fist. Niña clicked the button and the cube opened up, a hovercar materialized. Yes, this cube was one of the newest inventions of Kyle's company, Red Tech. Niña hated to use it but it's bad to be picky. 

She couldn't contact Kaya. The girl disappeared after knowing that Shadow Demon was still alive. As for Sasha, she was recuperating(leveling). They were both busy and trying to become stronger. Niña didn't want to ask them or to be exact, she was afraid to ask them. Niña didn't know how to face Kaya, she was the fastest Hunter but she couldn't protect Maya. For her, her title was bullshit. 

And the most important reason why she couldn't face them is that she was the one who commanded them to accept the job. If Niña decided to stay in the hideout and stopped her urge to see Mikael, perhaps Maya was still alive and this misfortune won't have to happen. In short, Niña was blaming herself. She was frustrated that she couldn't protect them. Just like that time where she let Mikael be eaten by the Hydra. 

The hovercar showed up and started to cover the sky. It was large and most of the people could see it.

"Hey, look at that. Is that the newest invention of Red Technology!"

"It really is!"

"It's fucking big, is that even a hovercar?"

The people around them gasped as they witnessed how the hovercar materialized before them. Some people took out their phones and took pictures. Andromeda was dumbstruck, but Niña didn't like to linger on. She hated that people admire the creation of Red Technology. 

She clicked her tongue and opened the hovercar. She signaled Andromeda to get in. 

Andromeda gulped and nodded. She took a step and entered the hovercar. This one was the biggest hovercar she had ever seen. Usually, a hovercar is, well the size of a normal car. But this one was humongous. She thought that she was in a jet plane. 

Niña didn't look at her reaction and continued checking the system. Everything was good so she didn't hesitate to take off. 

The hovercar flew and the people cheered looking at it. 

However, Niña was not happy at all.

"Tch, they are smart huh. Or maybe as expected of them."

She immediately understood that the enemies were waiting for them to fly. They would attack them in the sky.

"What a nasty idea."

She said but she was smiling. In fact, she was thrilled. 

'When was the last I fought in the sky?'

It was already obvious but the earliest batch of Hunters was the craziest. And since Niña was part of that generation, it was apparent that she was insane too. 

As she was piloting the hovercar, they heard a loud thud on the ceiling.

"See, what did I say? I really jinxed it huh."

She stood and set the system to autopilot. She put back her mask and looked at Andromeda. 

"Stay here."

"B-but I can help you."

"Stay here."

Niña pointed out. 

She slowly disappeared and her presence vanished making it look like Andromeda was alone. 

………
……

A giant hawk landed on the hovercar, it peeled off the metal and tried to grab a person inside. However, what it got was a wound. 

"Kwek!"

The hawk cried, its talon was slashed and it was bleeding a lot. 

The person who was controlling the hawk commanded it to fly away. The hawk flew and left the person alone. 

The person took off her hood. The enemy was a woman. She opened her mouth and screamed.

[Sonic Scream]

Her scream caused powerful vibration and the hovercar started crumbling. Even Andromeda covered her ears, her ears bled and even healing was hard to do because she couldn't concentrate. 

The woman continued screaming but stopped when she felt a weak vibration. She could detect vibration in the air, it was weak but the woman sensed the danger. She halted her assault and went full defense. 

"Hoh, so you can feel my movements, that's good. I like that, I hope that you will entertain me enough till we reach the designated place."

Niña's voice echoed, she was still in stealth mode and waiting for the woman to drop her defense. To be honest, she could kill her faster but where's the fun with that? Niña wanted to have some fun while doing this, she wanted to forget the depressing moments. And perhaps she wanted to get stronger, she was trying to find a new way of combat. She stopped using the method of the fast kill. She was looking for another way to get stronger. 

She wanted to evolve her Skill into a unique one, just like how Lane and Mikael did. 

16