Chapter 312
405 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 312

Two weeks since Mikael went to the Hidden Dungeon. The world was filled with terror when the four countries announced a state of war. It was dreadful. Yet, it was just getting worse, because few other countries were going to announce martial law. Because they felt like they have to be ready for the worst-case scenario, especially the countries near the four such as Japan and Korea. They knew that their countries were going to be affected by this ongoing war. So they prepared their defense forces, which caused great tension. 

The news covered the ongoing war. Because of the media, people saw the massacre live on their screens. Millions of soldiers were fighting and protecting their countries, it was the main reason why they went to war. The other side said that it was for justice while the other said that it was for protection… They all have a reason, nothing special about it. 

The Russians were mourning the loss of their loved ones. The fire ignited in their hearts and they screamed for revenge. They raised their weapons and charged towards the enemies. Apparently, the government had enough evidence to support that the three countries(Mongolia, Kazakhstan, and China) were the culprit of the bombing that killed millions of lives. 

Of course, the three countries denied the facts. But because of deep hatred, the Russians did not listen to any of their explanation. Thus, WWIII began. It was hell, the world was on fire and no one could stop it. Not even the Hunters. 

In fact, some Hunters joined the battle to help their countrymen. Although some Hunters joined just because of a simple reason, to shed blood. Since war gave psychopaths the right to kill, they enlisted in the military. It wasn't different, it was always there. People who liked to unleash their full power, to see the full extent of their power, and how much damage they could inflict to soldiers, did not hesitate and joined the war. Either as mercenaries or soldiers. 

Overall, just like people said, the world is a fucked up place to live. Once a country achieved power, they would flaunt it to others to show their superiority. Humanity is a species that moved by their curiosity… And now, this curiosity was pointed towards the war. People have sympathy, but people have cruelty too.

Because the era changed and people awakened supernatural powers, the war was more tragic. Guns and tanks lost their purpose, soldiers used Items and Skills to kill.  

While the others cry, pray, and hide. The others would grin on the dead, showered in blood, or celebrate the despair. This is the duality of humans. People may hide it but there's a devil in every person. Some may control and hide their devils well, but the others would let loose and spread terror. 

As the world is turning to a new page, some people wanted to take profit from this current situation. Take a look at the weapon companies for example, they are in a boom right now. Their sales are always on top. Furthermore, aside from the business world, another one was celebrating right now. The Speitato. Or to be precise, Ivan Smirnov. 

While people are dying, Ivan was slowly accumulating a large amount of undead. Either a normal civilian or a specialized Hunter, Ivan won't discriminate. He would turn them undead as long as they died. This perhaps was the best moment of his life. Power was all around him. As long as death is close, Ivan will never lose. 

He looked at the dead bodies around him and muttered, "arise". He grinned as he confirmed that most of the dead were Hunters. This means that they could activate their Skills even if they were dead. Millions of people died just for this very purpose. 

This was one of his Skills, Ivan could revive a Hunter without being afraid that he would lose his ability. It was an OP Skill, this was the reason why Ivan could fight equally against a Demon Lord. He stored millions of Hunters, Elves, Dwarves, and Beastmen combined. His strength was enough to invade the Earth, possibly with a chance of winning. 

And yet, Ivan was greedy. He wanted to store more. Now that his level increased, his storage for undead became thrice the size. In the past, he could store 1 million undead, and now he could store 3 million. 

However, he had a big problem. He couldn't gather 2 million undead in one sitting, it would take time to do that… THAT'S WHY HE ORCHESTRATED THIS WHOLE SCENARIO. As a matter of fact, the whole Russian government was under his control. The higher positions in the government were controlled by his undead. 

He only needed one push to create a war. That's why he used the criminals who escaped from the Numb Mountain Asylum to steal nuclear weapons from the three countries. He turned some of the criminals into undead while he kept the others alive, such as Hakanria. He made an agreement with him. 

"Master…"

One of the undead mumbled and Ivan nodded. He was quite satisfied with what he was seeing. But it was not enough. 

"I can store 3 million undead but it doesn't mean that I can't control more… My plan is to build a country, made of the undead."

He grinned, it was his dream. This path would take him to greatness. In truth, he achieved this dream in the past. Because the planet was dying because of Corruption, people were dying too. It was not hard for Ivan Smirnov to create a country in that situation. 

All of the undead kneeled before him and Ivan couldn't control his mouth from curling up. He weakly chuckled until that chuckled turned into a full-blown laugh. 

The suffering was transpiring and nobody could stop it. After all, suffering is always part of human life. Nobody lived in happiness the whole time. There is no such a thing as 'Happy Ever After.' Fuck the fairy tale, fuck the Disney. Fuck Hollywood for brainwashing the people. 

Happiness has its ending… So you might as well enjoy it. 

[I'm kind of satisfied with writing Ivan's PoV. And yep, the idea of Ivan's character came from the Solo Leveling and Seoul Station Necromancer. I read that webnovel before the webtoon boomed. I only have one thing I have to say when I read the webnovel, it was cliche. A Seoul Station Necromancer wannabe. In fact, plot-wise, Seoul Station Necromancer is much better.]

[However, I can agree that the arts of the webtoon are lit.]

[Please don't criticize me for trashing Solo Leveling. I'm just stating my opinion.]

..........

.......

...

[Hello, I just want to say thank you for all your support. I sincerely thank you for everything guys. ]

[Now, perhaps you are asking why I'm doing this. The answer is very simple. You see, it's my birthday... Yeah, I'm wondering why am I even living. ]

11