How I Met My Wife (Pt. 1)
675 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Roland stared at several dozens of young Higher Planes blue bloods. The room was very large with several rows of long desks and seats staring down at a podium where he supposed he was supposed to be teaching. 

 

But he’s a combat instructor. Why would he bother with this sort of setting?

“The name’s Roland. Starting from today onwards you’ll do what I say when I say it. Anyone who has a problem with that? Go ahead and attack me now so I can embarrass you in front of your fellow classmates and let you know your tomfuckery won’t be tolerated.”

 

He wasted no time at all in antagonizing them.

All of a sudden several pairs of haughty young Fae, Demi-gods, Vampires, Dragons and other prominent races’ children narrowed hostile eyes at him.

They were proud Sons and Daughters of heaven, each of them fostered with great care by their clans since young. They barely listened when Lord Loki was teaching them. Now some random person walked in and talked to them so arrogantly? 

 

Never had they seen someone so ready for death.

“By the way, I’ve seen your names.” Roland held up a thick file that had everyone’s names and personal records contained within. “I’ve fucked most of your guys’ mothers.” He smiled.  

 

That one simple action, combined with his words, sent them into a fury.

“You dare speak about my mother like that? Bastard, I’ll flay you alive!” One fair-faced Demi-god roared. 

 

Roland rubbed his chin. “The third young master of the Scattered Earth clan. I remember your mother especially well. Such a sweet lady. Did you know she has a penchant for bondage?”

 

He saw the boy’s face change colors. “You...dare…!”

Roland idly rubbed Missy’s belly as he started recounting tales of his adventures with several of the rowdy students’ mother, aunts, elder sisters and even a grandmother or two--who, of course, stayed young and vibrant due to the long lifespans of those from the Higher Planes.

 

Every word out of his mouth only served to stoke their anger and all of a sudden dozens of attacks were thrown his way.

There were balls of fire. Streaks of lightning. Sharp energy blades. And even a few sealing spells mixed in. Of course that wasn’t all. There were several heavenly imprints, or symbols, with earth-shattering might that were also flung his way.

And no less than five Divine Armament level artifacts brought out to decimate him.

Sadly none of these attacks were capable of doing him harm when thrown by such weak children.

Roland merely raised a palm and forcefully stopped the violent energies.

...Silence.

The entire room was petrified. The minds of every person who’d participated slowed to a crawl. 

 

“How…?” They wondered apprehensively.

These were some of their strongest moves, but they were just….stopped? Not dodged, endured or deflected, but suspended in mid-air?

 

They felt dread in the pits of their stomachs. Such a concept was simply too foreign to them.

“Pathetic, “ Roland sneered. “ Slow and weak. Are you even trying? Here, take them back.”

He sent the energies flying towards their masters and chaos erupted as everyone tried to run away. But it was no use. Roland perfectly manipulated the attacks and made them give chase. 

 

The students ran and flew away at breakneck speeds, fearing the power of their own moves as they knew exactly how deadly they were. The ran for the windows and doors but found a barrier erected in the room which trapped them inside.

“You wanted to kill me and think I’m going to just let you go? Don’t be so naive. I’m about to teach you your first lesson, understand? Don’t piss me off.”

Roland took a seat by the desk next to the podium, kicked up his feet, and enjoyed the sweet, pained cries of his new students.

***

 

Half and hour later the children were collapsed on the floor with numerous wounds on their bodies. In their hearts were carved the image of a terrible laughing figure with azure eyes.

Roland had tormented them near to death.

“You can’t even withstand the power of your own attacks and you think you have the right to act arrogantly? Ugh. I have my work cut out for me, don’t I? Alright, stop acting. Get your asses outside and prepare yourselves for trial by fire. I’m not going to start your real training until you actually build up a little muscle and endurance. But if I’m going to build you up, first I’m gonna have to break you down. It’s going to hurt, a lot, but I’ve faith in my self-control. Most of you will probably live through it.” 

 

Just then a knock came from the door and Abigail walked in. “How’s everything go--?” She blinked upon seeing the mounds of “corpses” that littered the room. “You killed them?!”  The woman shouted. “It hasn’t even been a day, couldn’t you have held back a little?!”

 

Roland gave her a look. “They aren’t dead.”

 

He could swear he heard a tsk as he said that.

“Tsk.” Ah. He was right. “Fine.” Did she sound almost disappointed? “So what’s your verdict?”

“I can work with them.” He assured. “First I’ll break their wills, then I’ll teach them properly and give Loki a beating through them.”

 

“Break their wills?”

“Do you want a pack of haughty elitists with power capable of taking down a True God running around unchecked?”

 

“Good point.” If these kids combined were truly able to take on a being like Loki in the future, letting them continue to be savage little imps wasn’t a good idea. 

 

It’d be the same as if the Valkyries ran wild. They’d cause a lot of damage before they were stopped. 

 

Abigail looked over the rising students. They were only just now following Roland’s order, but they were following it.

 

“Still not here.” Roland heard her mutter.

“Who?”

The woman sighed and shook her head. “Nevermind, doesn’t matter.” She spotted Missy. “Wait, who’s that?”

Roland looked down at his arms where a purring sable-haired cat was sleeping comfortably. “Missy. Cute, eh?”

She frowned. “We don’t have cats here. How…” Something dawned on her. Abigail’s mouth fell open. She looked up at Roland. Then the cat. And back to Roland.

And right as she was about to say something the animal woke up. Stretched. And began licking Roland’s face. He allowed that for a few seconds and then gently pushed Missy away. Not at all daunted, the cat started rubbing her head against his chin.

Abigail had a very perturbed look on her face. “....Loki’s going to go insane with envy.” 

 

“I never took him for a cat person.” Roland commented with doubt.

“That’s not what I…” She stopped. “Know what? Forget it.” The way she was being stared at by the sable-haired thing made her choke back what she was going to say.

“Anyway, I’m going to go meet up with a colleague of mine in the nearby city. She’s been gone a while and Loki wants me to go check up on her. You want to come?”

 

“I suppose.”

“Promise?”

Roland raised a brow. “Sure.” Weird thing to ask a promise for though. “But why  ask me?”

“She and I don’t really get along. Having a friend as moral support would be nice and you’re the only one I got.”

“We’ve been friends for all of a day.” He reminded.

“Alright. She scares me. Happy now? Just come on. I’m serious about the support.”

“Is this colleague really that terrifying?”

“Well, no. But our physiques don’t exactly match each other and she sorta maybe hates me, not sure. Hard to tell, though she normally doesn’t like anyone to begin with so perhaps it’s just me overthinking it. Either way, I do NOT want to meet her alone if I don’t have to. Ah. Leave Missy behind though. They especially don’t really get along.”

Roland didn’t like the sound of that. “What kind of monster doesn’t like a cat?”

“You’ll see. In fact if you know Loki you probably know her, too.”

 

“And this mysterious ‘her’ would be…”

“If I told you, you might not wanna come.”

“If that’s how it is then I already don’t. Also, don’t assume things for me. But whatever. I’m already curious anyway. I guess I’ll just put off the next round of punishment till we come back.”

**********

Author: This was hard to write. i forgot how i originally wanted the events to take place. Im not the original author so i was gonna mix up some things but my plans...well it took so long for me to FINALLY come back to this that i forgot the next step but i dont think this is too bad? I'll get the next one out sooner just NAG ME ABOUT. Seriously. I need to be nagged about my secondary stories or i forget them until weeks, months later. 

Ah. Original author, Luc, made several like interlude that detailed a bit of his past lives and with his wife and his sister. Im thinking of doing those too, maybe, but i dunno if i'll keep them in the order they come out or just place them where i find it most appropriate. 

 

So...Lets just say this: READING ORDER FOR INTERLUDES MAY NOT BE THE SAME AS ORDER OF INTERLUDES RELEASED.

Luc kinda released the interludes in a way that was sorta relevant to the next character that was being introduced even if they didn't meet Roland till later. So that's kinda how I'll do it EXCEPT they wont be put into order till later on. 

For example, his wife? The interlude that introduces her will probably be next, but im going to rearrange it so that it comes before this chapter. 

14