Chapter 11
90 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hours dragged by like nails against a chalkboard. Each second more agonizing than the last, with Valery sitting subject to its results. The surrounding faces unchanging in their normality forced a chill against her spine. For while the school revolved with minor event Valery fell more uncertain, as Jason was still missing. 

No one seemed aware of his disappearance, nor did anyone seem to hold an interest in her. Even Sasha sat entirely unaware of the events that transpired just a few days ago. And with little more than hours cushioning her collision with Dr. Yodice Valery allowed her mind to broil and flood. I can’t cross him. He can make everyone forget me. He can kill me and no one will care. No one! But what else did he make people forget? What did he make me forget?! Valery shuddered as her stomach turned sour, fear eating away at her very core. Though even then meanderings of hope or frightful delusions came to comfort her. 

Maybe it won’t be so bad. He has been covering from me so far and he wants to teach me instead of just getting exposed. Uncaring for her frets and fears her phone screeched as her timer went off, leaving heavy steps and uncertain airs as their chorus. The trek back to the office was rather stationary, although the idea of shifting walls appeared more exciting than the road she followed. Yet before the door itself stood Dr. Yodice, still primed in his business attire. Does he ever wear normal clothes or does he just have a suit fetish?

If you must know I prefer to wear something that commands respect and I don’t think id find it in joggers and a sweatshirt

Valery cast her eyes downward sigh at the only clothes she had outside of her uniform before hearing Dr. Yodice chime once again. Why not buy yourself something nice? You have money after all and though you spent it on snacks, there should still be enough for suitable clothes.

For a moment Valery stared at Dr. Yodice Wait? Is he really thinking that or am I just hearing things? Without missing a beat, Dr. Yodice streaked down the hall, his movements smooth with Valery dawdling behind. Dr. Yodice made no signs of stopping until he stood before the crimson flecked doors of the gymnasium. With a leading hand, Valery fell through the doors as Dr. Yodice took his place before her “Now miss Blake-”

“Y-you can just call me Valery”

“Fine, now Valery you’ve already gotten a handle on telepathy and basic mind control but it seems you still haven’t used your true craft”

“True craft?”

“Yes, the magic you were born with he said raising a card in the air “Your True craft is the one ability that every witch is born to preform for example as a crypter I can manifest my magic through symbols or sigils”

“Thats...good?” Valery said, giving a reluctant lance to the card before her.

“You may doubt me, but I can ingrain my magic into pictures as well.” Tossing the card against the floor, Valery jumped back. A flash of sparks littering the ground while bouts of flame lapped at the air in wild desperation. “Since I ingrained my magic into the school’s posters, every inch of the school is under my control. Thats why it was easy to clean up your mess in the cafeteria. It was an amusing but costly error”.

Watching the flames, Valery let a wild grin dominate her face “Well what’s my magic then”. With a snap the flames disappeared with nothing but a card resting against to ground.’

“Hmm, judging by your red eyes you must be a hexen”

“R-red eyes my eyes are brown what’re you-”

“Your eyes glow when you preform magic,” Dr. Yodice said, lifting his glasses to reveal a fading emerald sheen “another hapless mistake that risks your exposure. As a hexen you’re adept at causing misfortune and altering chance.” flashing a quaint smirk, Dr. Yodice eyed the window “I’m surprised you went for murder rather than gambling like the others”

Looking on for a moment Valery felt the ground shift for a moment was that a joke? Did he just try to make a joke?

“Now time for some training”

“Wait like right now”

“Yes, there’s no time like the present and the longer you stay unaware of your potential the more irritating you could become especially if the Insols try to take you”

“The what?!”

Dr. Yodice made no move to answer, instead sweeping his card from the floor and beginning again in a deep stride “come on I don’t have all day”. In stellar shock, Valery watched Dr. Yodice grow farther and farther with the hint of a smile decorating his lips, and though his existence provided some joyous reprieve. Valery could sense a disturbing air wafting from his form, but that was something for a later time. As she ran to join the only person to ever truly see her.

4