Chapter 2 – FangXin
1.3k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The crowd of teenagers chattered and giggled at the curious sight before their eyes. Glaring streams of sunlight scorched the dry earth on the field where hundreds have gathered.

It was the decennial 1happening every ten years student enrolment for QingHai Sect, one of the most prestigious and advanced cultivation sect in the Xuan continent. Throngs of youths whose age ranged from teens to young adults queued for the aptitude test registration. All of them chattered quietly amongst themselves, well behaved for the most part as anyone found to be too loud or impulsive are immediately sent out with a kick to their ass by the patrolling senior disciples.

However a curious sight drew the majority’s attention in this crowd. Amongst all these tall young women and men, a tiny child who is barely three feet in height waddled forward along with the queue, face full of cold detachment.

It’s a peculiar sight, seeing a baby fledging so well behaved and appearing much more mature compared to the older children around him.

This is precisely Qiu Ran - 6 years old.

For the past 6 years, Qiu Ran had racked his brain formulising a plan to avoid being topped.

To hell with fate!!!

He will write his own fate!!

Qiu Ran was far from lazy. Utilising the upper hands he had as a transmigrator, he walked as soon as his limbs were strong enough and talked as soon as his vocal chords learned the pronunciations. Miracle baby QiuRan shocked his village and all the villagers doted on him immensely –old scholars teaching him whatever he was interested in. Needless to say, basic school subjects are chicken feed to him. QiuRan was medical student in his past life – far from stupid. The only drawback he had happened when he was two years old, when he was surrendered to an orphanage because his family was too poor to take care of him.

Of course, QiuRan thought.

How can he be a protagonist if he has someone to call mama and papa? ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

However, this is also a blessing in disguise because he no longer has any bond with anyone. No bonds, no burden, no need to care ah…. Also, this body at least was born with a good aptitude for cultivation, probably because as a cultivation settings book, he was destined to be a cultivator in order to fulfil the tropes.

He exploited his ability and start cultivating at the age of 3 months old after he finished his lifelong planning. Children in this world mostly start cultivating at 6 years of age.

By now at 6 years old, Qiu Ran had already reached Foundation Establishment 2 see glossary below, this is basically level 2 of 9 levels of cultivation– his cold stare casting a deep gloom which revealed maturity beyond his age.

This is crazy. But QiuRan achieved it.

To avoid being topped 3being xxx-ed, papapa-ed, he will - and can - do anything.

Bathe in cold water under the freezing moonlight to absorb Qi? No problem.

Meditate in scorching sunlight ? No problem.

His caretakers were all crying tears of blood seeing this fair skinned skinny child try so hard. QiuRan, however, had an important aim of preserving his chastity against a potential group of thirsty gongs.

He had to absolutely definitely first and foremost get strong enough to defend himself and that, in a cultivation setting, can only be done by cultivating. For now, he had to move smart and fast. Luckily he never read shota stuff in his past life so he should be fine until he was of legal age, which ….. is not so far away given this ancient world settings….

“Next please~!”, a crisp voice rang in the air.

A student walked off to give way for QiuRan to move forward.

The examiner had to stand to look at Qiu Ran because he was shorter than the table.

“Er….whose kid is this? Child….where is your mother?”

“Im here for the test” Qiu Ran replied, his childlike voice sweet and mellow.

“Errm….kid…this is not a game ah…. Where is your…AHH!! ”

A gust of wind swept past the examiner as bunches of verdant leaves sprouted out from the direction of the child. The lush leaves grew so rapidly, sprouting out from QiuRan’s palm, soon reaching the height of the adult examiner’s head. All in all, this plant’s height is more than the child’s. The surrounding crowd of teenagers fell silent and gasped, soon buzzing with exclamations of surprise. QiuRan had achieved Qi Foundation stage at this age. Injecting a bit of spiritual qi to help this seed grow was nothing to him.

Needless to say, QiuRan this child genius was accepted without any problem.

QiuRan had predicted it would be a problem getting adults to believe him and had planned this showy spectacle. As the result, he is now touted as a rare young child prodigy and was given a choice of teachers.

Here is where the next part of his advanced planning comes into play.

To prevent being topped, he had considered the common tropes in BLs and was fully prepared against them.

QiuRan’s strategy to prevent himself from being topped :

1. Watch out for Shizun and Disciple Trope

2. Watch out for Older Martial Brother Trope

3. Watch out for Enemies to Lovers Trope

4. Watch out for Childhood Friends Trope

Without hesitation, QiuRan bounced his tiny feet towards one of the only three female elders amongst the thirty some teachers in the hall.

(。•̀ᴗ-)✧No male shizun, no homo.(。•̀ᴗ-)✧

The smartass that he is, QiuRan had researched in advance about the teachers before this day. Firstly, by choosing a female elder in a yaoi world, he eliminated the Shizun and Disciple trope thus avoiding getting topped by his shizun. Next, this senior elder, Fairy FangXin specialised in barrier, healing and pill making – very womanly arts to be considered at this period of time, and one which most hot blooded testosterone driven males avoid.

Real men goes for martial arts!

Real men goes for war and fight ah !!!

However, for QiuRan this is exactly the kind of skillset he needed to survive. Who cares about what other people think ? His ass’ chastity is at stake here !!! Being a bottom, he need to most importantly be able to defend himself. In addition, since this world does not have omega inhibitors, he can only survive if he make one – thus the need for him to learn pill making.

Killing ten birds with one stone !

QiuRan allowed himself to pat his own shoulder in a rare moment of positive self appraisal.

QiuRan bowed before fairy FangXin, a sweet smile adorning his fair face and called out

“Shizun, please take this one as your disciple~”

Fairy FangXin stood up slowly, her pink robes fluttering in the air. She immediately fell in love with this adorable toddler and henceforth vowed to protect and raise this child prodigy to her best ability.

Just like this, QiuRan thus hugged a powerful elder’s thigh while escaping from potential tops.

He’s a genius. By surrounding himself with females, he will make sure that in this life, no man will ever get the chance to top him !!!

 

Author Note :

QiuRan : Shizun, protect me !! QAQ !!!

Fairy FangXin : Which man dare bully you? Shizun will castrate him!!!

The SemeS : ….. (@_@)

GLOSSARY (◕ᴗ◕✿)

For this s story, I'm using these 9 steps as a baseline for MC's progress

9 Stages of Cultivation :  

1) Qi Condensation

2) Foundation Establishment

3) Core Formation/ Golden Core

       - can fly

4)Nascent Soul

       - can condense primordial soul

5)Out-of-Body

       - can force primordial soul out of the body

6)Body Fusion

       - can open up space/dimension

7)Calamity Passage/ Tribulation

8) Mahayana (大乘/ Da Sheng)

9) Immortal Ascension/ Deity Transformation

 

30