Chapter 13 – JieJie FanClub
2k 11 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

QiuRan walked out from the pill room with bones heavy with fatigue.

He felt terrible inside but he looked terrific from the outside.

( ´◡‿ゝ◡`) (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Ever since he came back from NanJiang with a large portion of his spiritual Qi drained, he had had no time to rest at all. Because WinterDew blossoms can't be preserved for too long and has to be used immediately , he had been in seclusion formulating pills non stop for the past few months. 

As he staggered onto Fairy FangXin’s courtyard – which was next to his – a few female disciples caught sight of him and almost immediately, cheerful high-pitched screams rang in the air.

“ShiXiong!!”

“QiuRan ShiXiong~~!!”

“A-Ran~~”

Ah, it’s them…

QiuRan shambled towards the source of the cheerful voices as a few of his ShiMeis ran towards him and started pulling him towards the stone benches in Fairy FangXin’s garden. 

FuFu , who had followed him, landed atop the pavilion roof and nested down.

Towards men and women alike, QiuRan is known to be unfriendly and cold. However, towards his own peak ShiMeis and ShiJies, Fairy FangXin had taken the pains to ensure that although QiuRan may not be the friendliest ShiXiong around, he still has to do his duties in guiding his disciple sisters in their studies.

QiuRan had done his duties steadfastly. Since he had done nothing but cultivate, and is an excellent mentor. 

However the reason behind is popularity is something unexpected. 

He had ideas from the modern world, he had a knack for creating things which are deemed unusual in this ancient world settings. On a whim, he had concocted some rouge and powder encased in copper tubes and box – imitating the modern design for lipstick and foundation box - for Fairy FangXin’s birthday present a few decades ago.

Who would expect Fairy FangXin to be so happy as to show off these gifts to the whole peak of girls. Needless to say, soon after he became sort of in high-demand amongst his disciple sisters. At some point of time, he had even considered if he should just establish his own cosmetic shop in this world to gather money but since he prefer to be low key, he gave up on the idea.

Who would expect one of his ShiJies, Yan Zhi, to propose that the peak set up a shop to capitalise on his ideas with the profit divided accordingly?

And so now, he became the brains and creator behind MeiGui HuaYuan Peak’s enterprise and had accumulated a significant amount of money over the past decades from cosmetics and toiletries alone.

The power cosmetics hold over some women…..is scary….

His disciple sisters have found him to discuss business. As usual, he just need to inform them if he had formulated something new.

“Apologies, but I have been busy with pill making for the past few months. There is nothing new as of now. Speaking of which, where was the girl I brought home last time?”

Since coming back from the auction, QiuRan had busied himself formulating inhibitor pills as WinterDew grass can not be preserved for too long and is best used immediately. The resulting pill had been more effective indeed. His focus when he was in formulating mode was so great that that he had completely forgotten about the young girl.

“Ah, here here, come here Yu Li”, Yan Zhi beckoned.

From amongst the crowd of disciples, a girl with short but neatly trimmed hair walked forth. She is now clean and well dressed. It is apparent that she has been treated well for the past few months. The bruises on her skin had faded and she had gained a good amount of fat on her arms and cheeks. Yan Zhi carried her and sat the child in her lap.

“She actually has some cultivation potential so Shizun has said we can take her in. She is currently taking things slow with the youngest disciples. ”

“That’s good.”, QuRan said.

The girl looked up at the beautiful young man who was conversing with Yan Zhi across the table in front of her and was momentarily stunned when QiuRan looked back at her and smiled. Her brain seemed to have frozen for a while before her eyes suddenly widen as she exclaimed escitedly

“The JieJie from that time!!!”

Yu Li thrashed her arms about as she fought to get off Yan Zhi’s lap. Yan Zhi laughed and helped her off her lap. The little girl ran to QiuRan almost immediately and hugged his thighs. ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ. QiuRan frowned while the courtyard was drowned in the sound of female disciples’ chirps of laughter.

“Its GeGe”, QiuRan corrected. His heart thumped slightly, hoping his disciple sisters won't take this mistaken address by a child too seriously. 

“Speaking of which”, Yan Zhi quipped, ‘there’s a few messages from outside for shixiong”

“Do you have them all in writing as usual?”

“Yes”

“Then I will take it and leave. I still need to inform Shizun about some formulas.”

Yan Zhi took out a QianKun bag and handed them to QiuRan.

“the whole bag again?”

“The whole bag again”, Yan Zhi nodded.

“ShiXiong! If someone ask to marry you again, you must tell us”, YanZhi demanded coquettishly.

The group of ShiMeis and ShiJies giggled in unison.

QiuRan felt even gloomier.

“Yes. Yes. When it’s a woman who proposes to your ShiXiong. Instead of wasting your time why wont you help your kind ShiXiong and find a girl who is keen to marry me.”, QiuRan retorted

For the past century all the girls he had liked had ghosted1having someone that you believe cares about you, whether it be a friend or someone you are dating, disappear from contact without any explanation at all him after a while.

“Thing is, “ one of the girls spoke up, ”who will dare to marry ShiXiong?”

“Indeed!”

“Yes!”

QiuRan patted Yu Li’s head as he asked, puzzled,” Is my reputation that bad?”

Did I overdo it with the beggar outfit? Did I come off as too standoffish? Too much of a loner and a hermit?

“Its bad”, one girl nodded

“Yes very bad. So far, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone who is better than you.”

“What do you mean by better?”, QiuRan questioned.

“No one is as good looking as you ah ShiXiong,” one of the girl complained,” Who will want to marry a husband who is prettier than her, slimmer than her, not to mention smells better than her. ShiXiong you should really give us your perfume formula!! IT will make tons of money!!!”

“Yes Shixiong please”

QiuRan stood up and proceeded to leave.

Ah…discussing things with them will get me nowhere… as if I can create the omega scent...might as well create an alpha formula to spray on myself !!!!!!

“if I can I would have. Anyway, I really need to report to Shizun now. Inform me if any more messages come in.”

“Yes Shixiong~”

“See you Shixiong~”

Yan Zhi sighed and stared at QiuRan’s retreating back as he walked further. 

Indeed ah, who will dare to marry their precious ShiXiong! 

When she is sure QiuRan had walked far enough, she motioned for the girls to gather close around her.

“Alright, ShiJies, ShiMeis!! As previously discussed, report any girls who seek to get close to ShiXiong to the committee! Understood??”

“Yes ShiJie!”

“Alright ShiMei!”

“Yes!”, Yu Li squeaked.

“Chirp!!”, FuFu crooned from atop the roof.

“QiuRan ShiXiong belongs to everyone and no one!”, Yan Zhi declared, ”If it’s a girl, she’s a threat as she can seduce our ShiXiong! We shall take appropriate steps in order to secure ShiXiong for our peak and ourselves!”

Yan Zhi looked at Yu Li specifically and soon, all of the girls followed her stare and looked at Yu Li as well. 

It is good that Yu Li is still young, and her mind is still moldable. Since she was brought in directly by QiuRan and was approved by Fairy FangXin herself, there's nothing much they can do. However,  since she is not at the age where she can seduce a man yet, she is still acceptable.

“Yu Li, ShiXiong is for everyone to share, understand?”

“Yesh!”, Yu Li answered seriously, her seriousness displayed by the frown on her smooth forehead,"for everyone to share!"

“Good! ShiXiong is ours!”

“ShiXiong is ours!!”

With that, they took out a cauldron and lighted the Volcanic Flame beneath it. One by one, the girls took out scrolls after scrolls of paper from their sleeves and tossed them into the cauldron. The fire licked and consumed the papers greedily, burning with it the hopes and wishes it carries.

QiuRan, over 110 years old, is currently single.

His hope for a female marriage partner burned brightly inside the cauldron.

Author Note :

If you haven't noticed, this is a BL novel

Do the sisters are doing MC a favor here (◡ ω ◡)

27