Chapter 14:Let’s go together!
55 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’ll not attack until your three moves.”, said Niang Jun. “Whatever.”, saying this Yong Meng flew high into the air and a bow appeared in his hand, covered in blue flames, he stretched his right hand backward while holding the bow with the left one. As he stretched his right hand more, the string of the bow also seemed to be stretching backwards, though there was nothing in his right hand. Niang Jun was just observing his move, when he suddenly saw him relaxing his hand and as he relaxed it, an arrow suddenly appeared out of nowhere, it was fast coming towards Niang Jun. In a moment, the arrow seemed to pierce someone, all of a sudden a BOOM was heard, and when the smoke started fading, Yong Meng was surprised to see, just a log burning and his arrow pierced in it. He looked around and saw Niang Jun standing behind him, smiling. Niang Jun had mysterious powers, even if he didn’t attack, killing him or harming him in any way, is not a piece of cake, for a learner like Yong Meng. Now, Yong Meng, again stretched his hand to attack, this time two arrows appeared, Yong Meng leaped high in air, and in a moment, he was riding on the arrows, which were directed towards Niang Jun. A sword appeared in his hand. Niang Jun lifted his hand and made something circular in the air, and soon he trapped himself in a bubble looking like shield. Yong Meng didn’t expect it but still he gave a cunning smile. When the arrows reached near Niang Jun, he instantly leaped in the air, while the arrows, bent sideways and continued along their path, and finally collided with Liu Ji Lie’s study, which caught a fire. While, Yong Meng, took a leap and jumped straight on the bubble shield with his swords edge directed towards Niang Jun’s head. The sword was no ordinary sword, it was gifted to Yong Meng by the Jade Emperor on his 30,000th birthday. It was one of the favourites of the Jade Emperor and certainly very powerful. It was made from the backbone of the former demon king, who had rebelled against the heavens and was finally defeated and killed. The sword pierced through the shield and it might have broke open Niang Jun’s head had he not made a fast move at the right time. The sword met with the ground, and a crack opened up in the earth.

Such a noisy and destructive fight had gathered everyone’s attention. All disciples of the heavenly academy had gathered in the courtyard, while some helped Liu Ji Lie in putting out the fire others enjoyed the big show.

Yong Meng, again came upon Niang Jun, but still missed. Niang Jun was tremendously fast, even before Yong Meng could attack him, he had already disappeared. Now, Niang Jun could finally attack, he had been bored by playing this lousy game, he wanted to end it at once, so he opened his fan and gave it a flap. Yong Meng, who was approaching him with his sword, suddenly fell down on the ground.

The audience who had been watching the show, started whispering to each other, while Liu Ji Lie ran towards his beloved Meng’er, to check upon him. He sat on the ground, with Yong Meng’s head in his lap, he gently began to stroke his cheeks, “Meng’er what has happened to you?”

“It’s nothing serious. He is just sleeping. Don’t worry, he’ll wake up in ten short days. His spiritual energy is quite low, but he has talent and a strategical mind.”, said Niang Jun, then looking at the dumbstruck audiences he grinned and said, “Quite a show, isn’t it? Well, are you waiting for your turns? Come, come, I’ve got plenty of time.”, just as he uttered these words, everyone left the courtyard at lightning speed, including the Liu twins, they were safe however, but didn’t wanted to take any risks. Niang Jun looked towards Song Qing and snapped his fingers. The spell was broken, Song Qing could move now. She got up and went towards Yong Meng, but suddenly she felt a certain restriction. Niang Jun, was holding her hand, “Where are you going? I am standing here.”, he said smiling. Liu Ji Lie was taking Yong Meng in with the help of some disciples, right now, even if Song Qing wanted to be with Yong Meng, he couldn’t satisfy her curiosity. So, she stopped and turned to Niang Jun asking, “Why were you two fighting? Didn’t you say you were going to talk over some matter?” Niang Jun smiled wider and said, “Don’t you know? Weren’t you secretly listening to our conversation?” Song Qing narrowed her eyelids and angrily looked at Niang Jun, “Just say you don’t want to tell.”, then in a certainly faint voice she continued, “Tch! Taunting me like this…” Niang Jun smiled cunningly, while Song Qing stood there unable to stand his beaming smile, she retreated her gaze and cried in her head, “Oh god! Why does he smile so much?” Niang Jun looked at her pink face and said, “I’d have to go now. My work is done here. Let’s ask Liu Ji Lie for leave and go together.” As he walked towards the courtyard, holding Song Qing’s hand she halted suddenly and asked, “What do you mean? Why must I go with you?”, while she was asking this Liu Ji Lie also came there. Niang Jun made a wearied expression and muttered, “Ah! Another lousy explanation!”, then he looked at Song Qing and spoke, “You wanted to know why we were fighting? Well, Yong Meng said he didn’t want you to be his subordinate and asked me to be your master instead. Well, I told him that he seems weak to me so his subordinate would be weak too. He then challenged me to a fight. Well, now I have seen and I am satisfied. I’ll be your new master from now on.”, saying this Niang Jun took a deep breath. Then he glanced at Song Qing with her brows furrowed and disbelief on her face. “You don’t believe me? Then ask Liu Ji Lie, he was there too.” Both of them looked at Liu Ji Lie, he stammered a little and then spoke at length, “What the divine deity said is totally true.” Song Qing stood there and thought for a moment, ‘He certainly didn’t like me, and always seemed offended, perhaps it is true that he didn’t wanted me to be his subordinate and would’ve asked him. But what is this. All this is happening so fast! Why must I be tossed here and there???!!’ Niang Jun bowed to Liu Ji Lie and asked to leave, he clasped Song Qing’s hand and was about to depart when she asked, “What about my luggage?” “Ah, you won’t need that. I have all the things that you’d ever need.”, saying this he walked again but halted, Song Qing was still standing there thinking. “Want me to turn you into a fly?” Song Qing shakes her head in disagree, “Come on then.” Song Qing didn’t know what exactly was happening with her. All this was too fast for her. She had many questions, but she swallowed them for now and bowed to Liu Ji Lie and followed Niang Jun, soon both of them disappeared and were out of sight.

0