Chapter 19:Niang Jun discovers…
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eh, and a you believe that dream?”, asked a little boy with sparkling white hair. “I don’t have any other choice. I’d have to go there if I really want to know the truth.”, replied Niang Jun as he put on his outer robe and got ready for the journey. “Don’t they say that something dark is trapped on Shin Ming mountain? And you still dare?”, the boy was still not satisfied.

Niang Jun looked at the boy from the corner of his eyes, he smirked. “Are you afraid, Fei Xi?”, he asked in a mocking voice. Fei Xi shaked his head in disagreement. Transforming itself in a snake, he climbed up Niang Jun’s shoulder. All was good and Niang Jun left his house to find that important person. He himself was not sure if he’ll be able to find the person. All these years he lived alone, without a single person by his side. The day Xia Ruo disappeared, his father died mysteriously and his mother went insane. After a year she died too. Since that time, he was all alone. People called him cursed and no one ever cared to ask that if he was okay. He dealt with all that, never complaining a bit. He was not in the state to complain, he committed a sin and he knew that too. He calmed himself each time he was in pain by thinking that it was the punishment for the crime he committed. He had resolved in his mind, that it will never end, until he was given a ray of hope. Perhaps now, he’d be able to share his guilt and worries with someone. He won’t be alone anymore.

It took him twenty days to reach Shin Ming mountain. Even though with his powers it shouldn’t have taken that much time, but that mountain is no child’s play. They say that it keeps disappearing and reappearing, to hide the evil that it holds. So, that no one may be able to free it, from the mountain’s prison. The dark thing was trapped there by the Supreme Goddess herself, knowing that it can’ be destroyed, so it’s better to keep it out of anyone’s reach. It was Niang Jun’s talent that he was able t find it so quickly, while other people chase out for it for years, though there aren’t many people who would dare to do that.

Niang Jun had but one task, to find that person there. But it seemed that there was nothing live there except the trees. Niang Jun started his search. He searched constantly for two days. But he didn’t even saw the shadow of a person. He was filled with despair. “That was but just a dream. Why did I even believe it?”, he murmured as he started for his way back. Strong winds started blowing and it seemed like there’ll be a snow storm soon. Niang Jun was at the top of the mountain right now, and if he started his journey now, he’ll surely be caught in the storm. So, estimating everything in his mind, he started looking for a shelter. Luckily, he found a cave. But it was suspicious. “That’s strange. This cave was not here before. Is it some kind of trap?”, he said to himself. By now, the storm had begun so he had no choice but to find shelter in the cave, no matter what kind of dangers he thought awaited him. The floor of the cave was covered with snow, so first he cleared some snow and then kindled fire with his spiritual energy. Outside the cave, the storm was exceptionally strong. Niang Jun had never witnessed such a strong one. He was thinking about his dream, when he felt like he was sleepy and wanted to lie down. The ground was hard, but he somehow manged, but when he put his head down, surprisingly he didn’t feel hard at all. Instead he felt like, his head was resting on someone’s hand. “Someone’s hand?”, he murmured as he got up. He cleared some snow, and it revealed a hand. Niang Jun was surprised. “Is it someone’s corpse?” He cleared more snow. Then he uncovered all the snow from the body, in hurry. It was a woman, though her face was covered with snow and her body was cold as if it had become ice itself. As he gently removed the snow from the woman’s face, Niang Jun jumped out of his skin. His hands trembled as he touched the face again and again in disbelief. It was Xia Ruo, but looking at her in this state, has she died? Niang Jun checked her breathing, it was slow, very slow. But that meant she was still alive. Without wasting a moment, Niang Jun put his hand on her body and started transferring his spiritual energy to her. But it was in vain. She was not getting up. Soon, Niang Jun started feeling dizzy. His powers were draining. If he didn’t stop soon, he’d too become lifeless like Xia Ruo. Even if his mind alarmed him, he couldn’t stop, because his heart didn’t want to stop. He fell beside her exhausted, his hand still resting on her. His eyes closed, despite his will, and he went into deep unconsciousness.

0