3: First Conversation!
191 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Excellent! You may take a seat. Now everyone, start on the assignment"

Our sub, Inouye-Sensei, just finished our reading lesson for today. 

He silently sat back down while ruffling his dirty blond hair. He opened his laptop and put on some glasses. 

His are similar to mine.

That was unnecessary, but now that we're on this topic, there's me.

Toshiaki Kusanagi, 17 year old failure, by failure I mean in school, well let's add life as well. Slender, average hight, messy black hair, and geeky glasses.

Anyways, I looked around the class, as expected, everyone was working on the assignment.

I looked towards Furukawa, and see her doing it as well. She has her mechanical pencil in her right hand, her movements are smooth and swift. 

However, it also seems, shaky?

No

It's not her hand, or rather, not just her hand, but her body. The entirety of it. 

I moved my vision to Inouye-sensei, he caught me looking at him. He smiled at me, and resumed to staring at his laptop. 

I pick my pencil and work on the assignment, I just really don't want to fail another piece of work. 

However, I can't ignore the way Furukawa has been during this class period. Should I ask her? To be brutally honest, she's one of my he only girls I've ever even said a word to, let alone hold up a conversation.

What if I invade her privacy? Knowing how she is, she most likely won't even tell me a single word on why she is like she is.

I don't know, I think I'm overthinking this. However, as a dark lord, I should think throughly about my situations at matter. If I don't, I'll just be some idiot to my followers and the rest of the world. 

How mildly, infuriating.

"Is something wrong?"

Suddenly, Sensei was standing in front of me, with his signature face structure. 

"You seem to be thinking about something, and not much writing"

"O-Oh ,thats..."

"If there's anything you need help in, mostly your assignment, you could always ask me"

"O-Ok"

"Very well. Since I'm standing up, might as well observe the class, isn't  that what a good teacher would do?"

"Well... I honestly am not so sure on that"

"Haha, I like your honesty. What is your name if you don't mind me asking?"

"Well I suppose I don't, the names Toshiaki Kusanagi, or other wise known as, well I don't believe I have any other name than that, unless you can count Dark Lord"

"Dark Lord? What a name that is, but why do you say what you said?"

Crap! How am I supposed to say to him "I am the Dark Lord of Pendulum! You mere human are nothing compared to my superiority!" I know I've said it to Imputy but saying it to a teacher is rather...

"Will you tell me? It's ok if you don't want to"

"I am terribly sorry. Forgive me but for now on, please refer to me as my real name, as that is the only one relevant for now"

"Oh, very well then, glad to be able to talk with you, Kusanagi. I will look forward to talking with you again"

"Same here, now may I resume to my given work?"

"Oh yes, please do"

He gave me a small nod as a signal to began working. He put his hands behind his back, one over the other and walked around the room.

As he said, he was observing everyone working. He made it through the rows of each student, then finally made it to the back one. 

Curiosity struck me, I turned my head to see Furukawa, to see if she was still the same.  

"My, my, Furukawa-san, such delicate and neat handwriting, only to be expected from a beauty like you"

"T-Th-Thank y-you"

Sensei was right to the left of her, looking at her almost as if examining every inch of her body. 

"I wonder, Furukawa-san, how such a girl like you, can only be a mere high schooler. I've never seen such a women more beautiful than you"

"......"

"Oh I'm sorry, I must've gotten carried away there, take that as a compliment ok?"

"......"

"Now then, I shall get back to my work"

Sensei left from her side, and walked back to his laptop. 

This atmosphere he left however, isn't a nice one. I looked at Furukawa, who stopped her hand from writing, and just stared at her work. 

"P-Please, s-stop t-th-this"

She slowly muttered those words, her eyes had some soft tears in them.

Seeing this I... can't help but want to ask her. Damn it, why is it so hard, it's merely just three words. 

No, that's it.

I shall not let three words hold up my pride as a Dark Lord! I mustn't! 

Finally, I open up my mouth, to say the three words that have been twisting in my mind. 

"K-Ku-Kusanagi, p-please, h-help m-me" 

Huh? I looked at Furukawa, who was looking at me. Her eyes were filled with the soft tears, her pencil in her hand and her other hand clenched up. 

"I-I'm s-sorry but, what do you mean by help?"

She dropped her pencil on her desk, and extended her hand towards me. She grasped my arm softly, but her grip turned slightly tighter as she held onto it.

"S-Sorry b-but, I have n-no o-one else"

"Huh? Don't you have any friends? Wait! Please don't take that offensively! I was just wondering! Just a simple question!"

"N-No, i-its ok. I really don't have anyone else"

"But, I don't know if you can really ask for my help, I mean, we just met like an hour and a half ago"

"S-So? D-Doesn't mean I can't ask for help can I? What if I was suddenly in need of finding a specific shirt I was looking for in a store, wouldn't I ask for help from one of the workers there? Or should I not? Well I suppose I shouldn't since I don't really know them and just met them huh? I guess I shall consider what you've told me"

"Wait! Please don't take that response literal! Plus! What you said doesn't even make since! The workers are specifically there to help you!"

"I know"

"What? S-Seriously..."

She looked at me, and smiled softly. Don't do that! A beautiful girl like you can make any mans heart skip a beat with that smile!

"T-Thank you, Kusanagi"

"Thank me? But what have I—"

She grabbed my arm tighter, and looked down to the ground. Did I anger her?

"Look... I said... thank you... so just accept it ok! Geez, you really are some helpless idiot!"

"S-Sorry, but aren't you a little too loud!"

"I'm loud? You were also loud earlier!"

"That's because you got me like that!"

"Same for me!"

Crap! I think we were a little too loud! I looked around to see if anyone heard us. 

To my surprise, we were the only ones here, other than Sensei.

"U-Um Imputy... I think class is over..."

"Huh!"

She looked around as well, and had the same reaction as I did.

"Seriously! And here I am with you! Holding your arm even!"

"It's not like I wanted this! You came to me!"

"Excuse but, are you two done?""

"Eh?"

We both looked in front of us, and Sensei was standing right there. 

"Hmm?"

"O-Oh? I-I'm sorry, we'll be on our way"

I grabbed my work, put it in my bag, and got up. I grabbed Furukawa's hand who previously was grasping my arm. 

"Come on Furukawa-san, let's be on our way"

"W-Wait! I-I need m-my—"

"It's ok, Sensei will hold onto your work right?"

"Well, that doesn't seem much of a problem, I'll be glad to!"

"Great! Now come on Furukawa-san!"

"Alright, Alright!"

We quickly walked out of the class into the hallway, on our way to the outside.

「遅い!」

A figure was standing by the classroom door, looking towards the two late students walk off together, one grabbing the other.

"...Damn it! Kusanagi! Why must you take her with you! Why must she have touched your filthy hand! Don't you know that's..."

The figure was aggressively holding on to the wall, clearly in anger, as it looking at the two walk off.

9