Chapter 17: The Final Training Session With The Prideful Prince
1.1k 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, time to train, for real this time. Gotta remember to leave my bag at the door otherwise it’ll get crushe- actually never mind, all I got is some paper in there, and I feel the chance of Bulma going past it and making a potentially future-changing misunderstanding is too high to do just that for some paper. Just gotta leave it right next to the door, but inside the gravity chamber.

Spins, pushups and more spins, mmm, without Vegeta in here… it’s pretty boring. Despite, y’know, being under such high gravity levels. I’ve currently set it to 50x Earth’s gravity, and while I can’t really move anywhere fast, my regeneration is making my muscles grow quickly despite that, so I’m actually growing in strength quite fast, by the minute even.

Ooh! The door’s opening! Looks like Vegeta’s back from his piss break or whatever. As the door slides open, Vegeta, giving me the most disgusted look I’ve seen on him so far, speaks up suddenly “So you’re back.” Uh, I don’t really know what to say to that, so uh “Yeah.” Walking into the room, Vegeta slightly flinches, before walking casually and setting up the bots with a few button presses at the main control panel, he begins training with them, firing a weak ki blast into them and dodging it as it bounces between ones both in front and behind him. Following his example, I find that luckily you can increase the number of robots in the main hub. So I unleash out the same amount Vegeta has, and, just to mess with him, shoot a slightly stronger blast into my grouping, and begin doing the same training, though I seem to be cutting the dodges much closer than he is.

I can tell he took the bait I set out, since next time he gets hit by the blast, he makes the next one he fires stronger than mine, heh, I can’t bel- Ouch! Damage already regening, I think I’ll continue raising the stake, and this time, I’m going to blast one that’ll do some damage instead of just stinging a bit, this one’ll take off some skin! Heh! What do you think of that! I don’t even need to look at him to tell he’s not gonna chicken out. Taking a quick glance at him, I just happen to catch him both dodging and directing his blast, adding to its power in the process. That crafty bastard! Alright! I’ll show him, I spin my own blast around myself, making it once again the stronger ki blast in the room, sparing just a second, I’m gonna give him a cocky smirk. Heh heh!

… we continue on this pattern, both of us hyper focused and slowly upping the ante every time we have a chance, however something unplanned for happened, as both of us were quickly adding our ki to our blasts -each time there had been less and less delays between adding till each of us were adding ki at practically the same time- and that fate time we had added just too much ki and both the poor bots that received the blasts got knocked up, sending the blast into the ceiling, which, luckily seems to made of some strong stuff, both of us were kinda in the zone, so we instinctively had dodged out the way of the wayward blasts, and now that they had hit the roof, we kinda just glanced at each other, both exhausted from the activity, however, I am obviously doing better because I’m better, definitely not because I can regenerate…

Vegeta made the first move “Hmph. If it hadn’t been for those faulty buckets of bolts, I would’ve won.” Alright, just gotta make the reply something simple, but I don’t want to put him down either, so I’ll just say “Heh.” Perfect. I barely feel the effects of 50x gravity now, it feels like there just a slight wind pulling me down now. Y’know, this’ll probably be the last time I’ll be able to respectively fight him in a while. “Say, Prince, want to have a rematch?” Vegeta scoffs a little, before crossing his arms “Don’t think I’ll go easy on you this time just because I’m teaching you, runt.” The responses practically say themselves! “I wouldn’t have it any other way. Same place?” Vegeta just simply grunts, before going to the main console and turning off the bots and gravity control before leaving for the door, oh! That’s my que to follow, just gonna quickly scoop up my bag before we go, then I’ll be ready to duke it out!

I can already tell this battle won’t be the same as the last time; I’ve grown stronger, and Vegeta now knows what I’m like. Placing down my bag and raincoat behind a pillar near where we landed, I head over to Vegeta, who is currently crossing his arms, looking down on me. He can tell that I’m ready and powers up to Super Sayain, yelling out “Are you ready runt?” Before charging me, barely giving me enough time to power up myself and block his punch with both arms, back flipping awa- behind me! Dodge! I dodge just as Vegeta appears behind me with a thrust kick, whizzing past me.

As I bring out my ki blades and charge him with my right hand, Vegeta’s recovered from the momentum and blocks my first slash with his left arm and countering with a right punch of his own, which I catch with my other hand. Using my newfound grab, I pull him towards me and head-butt him -which he dodges -“Agh!”- and kicks me in the side with his right leg- spinning me as I let go of his hand and steady myself.

I disregard the sweeping slashes of my ki blades to punch at him, which he meets with his own fist –with a cocky grin- that battle maniac, though, I can’t deny the small smile creeping on my face as I’m dashing in and out of visibility, clashing fist to fist across the sky. I think it’s time to end our clashes though, I blast at him with my mouth, pushing him back temporarily so I can fill my hands with ki, and fire a barrage at him! Some of which hit, and others -heh heh- they float behind his guarded stance -and- as he pushes away the last bits of my barrage with a burst of ki, I activate my plan. I pull at my ki blasts, sending them straight into his back. I use his brief window of shock to burst over and knee him in the stomach. Heh, take tha- *Bonk* h-he used that to his advantage, and hit me over the head with his elbow, sending me shooting downwards. However, I let myself fall, and, gathering some ki around my head, I spin. Drilling into the ground with my new drill-shaped ki blade, I quickly hide my power level as I dig a bit down, then forwards. Vegeta probably already knows something is up, so I have to do this quick.

I burst out of the ground at max speed, I appear behind Vegeta as he begins firing a Big Bang Attack, and sucker punch him in the back of the head. At least, that’s what I intended to do, until he dodges my hit and grabs my arm with his free hand. Proceeding to throw me –uh, okay- into his flying Big Bang Attack -oh-. Which to my credit, I have managed to brace against with my feet, and am now bouncing back at him as it explodes against the ground. I dodge a kick and clothesline his neck. Throwing him into the ground. Let’s see how he likes it! “Let’s see how you like it!” I quickly charge up and fire out a mimicry of a Big Bang Attack, but I use both hands as I’m, if you hadn’t noticed already, very small. Also it’s yellow.

I’m waiting to hear the big bang, however, it, um, seems like it’s moving back towards me, huh, must just be my- NOPE, IT IS COMING BACK. Wait. I can just dodge it. I dash to the side, and the blast goes past me -phew- thought that might’ve hit me. Wait, I’m pretty skilled at using ki blasts, “Ah, right.” So just gonna aim my hand at the blast, and… split it into thousands of little blasts, then, I’ll direct them downwards once aga- *BUH-FAH!* He just sucker punched me in the face! Payback, I guess. I can’t focus on the ki blasts now… Around me, I see the blasts fall down to the Earth harmlessly in random locations, exploding all over the area, Vegeta punched me in the face again, stopping my attempt to pull my guard up. He’s now flying upwards, while kneeing me in the jaw, which honestly I can’t seem to feel much, and it looks like he’s stopped, and is now pulling his fist back... UGH! My organs! My poor…poor…… organs… ughhh…

16