Chapter 32 – A Second Catastrophe
712 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late at night, and Sin sat in the bath tub filled with hot water. 

Unlike Castelion, this city Alfgard was more technologically advanced, having more working Earth technology, so they had modern bathtubs with running water. 

In fact, there was even electricity lighting and the city outside had working electric streetlights! 

Adora was in the tub with her, cleaning her as Sin sat comfortably. 

While Adora cleaned her back, Theresa sat next to the tub from the outside, cleaning her front and even her insides. 

They had travelled for over fifty thousand kilometers, faced multiple tombs and all kinds of weather. 

Sin preferred if her girls cleaned her, with Esmeralda pouring water into her mouth and nose, while Theresa reached into the tub and cleaning her lower orifices. 

Sin held the relic of Namta in her hand while Theresa cleaned her anus, then she replaced it back and removed both her eyes for Esmeralda to clean inside her eye sockets. 

As she was done, she climbed out of the tub and allowed the other girls to take their turns.

As they had running water, they changed the water and took turns cleaning themselves. 

Just as Angelica took her turn and entered the bath, suddenly they heard a loud explosion!

The other girls looked around in confusion, dressed only in a towel around their bodies and around their wet hair.

Sin walked out to take a look and saw the sky had turned red and there was a giant mushroom cloud in the distance.

In the sky, there were several more meteors aiming towards the ground all over the horizon.

Suddenly, the earth started shaking as the buildings all started shaking

Angelica was hastily drying herself, after barely getting into the tub.

As the next meteor crashed, another mushroom cloud formed further away

Then, the shockwave from the first blast wave blasted the city with concussive force, smashing through buildings and tearing people on the streets to bits

The inn collapsed all around her as her vision became blocked by debris.

Moments later, Sin found herself buried in rubble

She pushed the stone blocks off her leg and removed the wooden plank that was impaled through her stomach and dug her way out of the rubble of the 4 storey inn.

She saw bloodied and broken wing and immediately dug up Angelica's broken body.

As she slowly healed, a black mist moved through the gaps between the debris and reformed to a injured Esmeralda.

Leaving them to heal themselves, Sin used her Eye of Odin and started digging, finding the broken bodies of Adora and Theresa

"So much for bathing" Angelica said, all of them covered in dirt.

They were all naked as their towels had been ripped to bits, but the dust covered their bodies from head to toe in grey ashes and dust.

If not for their immortal bodies, they would have been nothing but meat paste, as was the outcome for many in the city. 

They looked around as sound of wailing and mourning could be heard. 

Survivors called for help or wailed in despair. Some started helping their neighbor, and treating each other.

It reminded Sin of the time the Catastrophe hit. The death rate was unbelievable, but the survivors helped each other in the immediate aftermath.

The robberies, anarchy and carnage came later, but the immediate action of the survivors was to help each other.

Sin herself as a teenage Alison was helped after being trapped in rubble with a broken leg, and was only able to survive through the kindness of strangers. 

Sin suddenly felt that she needed to help too and mobilized her companions

Using the Eye of Odin, she searched for survivors while Adora, Esmeralda, Theresa and Angelica used their super strength to dig them out. 

Adora used an elven healing spell and Angelica had a heavenly spell that healed them as well. 

They never needed to use them on themselves or the rest of the Sindicate as their body's self healing was near godly level.

But now, it was useful to help the city folks.

Nearly half the city was destroyed in the shockwave and earthquake. But but much of the city was well built, having survived the first Catastrophe, those buildings that survived were hardy and remained standing.

Suddenly, in the distance, there was a loud roar

Sin turned and looked towards the source of the sound and saw, over the horizon, a monstrous creature at least 5 times the size of Terribus roaring in the distance

It towered over the hills in the distance as it smashed the hills angrily.

At the same time, more and more meteors seemed to be crashing to the ground in the distance and shook the ground continuously, sending one shockwave after another. But as they were further away, the destruction to the city was nowhere as strong as the nearby one

The monster turned towards the city, which could be seen from afar because of the rising smoke from the many destroyed and still burning city.

Being the only city from afar, Alfgard stood out like a sore thumb as the large plume of smoke attracted the beast who started running towards it. 

It was a behemoth. probably a tenth the size of the city itself, looking like a demon with gigantic horns on its head.

"Activate the batteries!" Njordson yelled, as the city guards uncovered the anti-aircraft guns that survived the first Catastrophe

Nonstop bullets that looked like fiery spears flew one after another into the air from the 5 batteries they had and they all hit the monster.

But the damage was too little as although it did pierce the monster's skin, it wasn't enough to kill it. 

"Aim for it's eyes!" Sin yelled

The city guards heard her and the firepower moved towards its face. 

But it moved its head and only scarred its face without blinding it.

The monster was getting too close so Sin charged out of the city as Gungnir, pierced right into her clitoris glowed, creating a gigantic gust of wind that smashed into the monster.

The wind propelled her towards the monster at frightening speeds

Both her breasts crackled with energy as gigantic bolts of lightning crashed from the sky, charring the monster.

But the monster was still alive, groaning in pain and enraged

A red glow flashed from her right Eye of Ra causing the monster to burst into flame

 Just then she smashed her body into the monster, activating her death touch and releasing poison from her ass.

She was hesitant to use her killing intent and fear because she was only several hundred meters away from the city, and might kill the citizens of the city

Normally, she didn't care about the lives of other adventurers, but the human part of his personality still made a distinction between adventurers, and regular citizens.

The monster struggled as her death touch started affecting it.

Adora, Theresa, Esmeralda and Angelica attacked as well, but their attacks only made small cuts to its skin

A hundred swords flew into the sky, including the Gladius of Ares, Excalibur, Kusanagi no Tsurugi, Sumarbrander and Durandal, formed a formation, spinning around in a pattern like a meatgrinder and smashed into the monster, instantly penetrating its skin and digging into it.

The monster screamed in pain and Sin directed her poison to follow the swords into its body as her death touch paralyzed one of its huge hand.

"Charge!" a voice shouted and Sin turned around to see Njordson and the city forces charging at the monster to help out.

Njordson was carrying the sword Sin gave him, but he was also carrying a machine gun!

In fact all the guards had weapons from Earth, which made Sin think that the east had managed to salvage more technology of Earth than merely working sewage and piped water.

The monster was huge and could possibly destroy the city, but with Sin's godly abilities, she wasn't really in and trouble.

Even her companions were attacking the monster without getting any injuries as the monster's attacks were dodged.

As long as they weren't careless, they should be able to wear down the monster.

Suddenly, a huge shadow loomed overhead!

Sin turned around to look up. 

They had been too distracted that they saw the monster as the only danger.

But there was another danger

She shadow grew large extremely quickly as a meteor smashed into the city with a force of a thousand times the strength of the Hiroshima atomic bomb!

From afar, the city disappeared in a huge mushroom cloud.  

19