Chapter 38 – Technotopia
547 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several thousand kilometers further East, Sin saw from afar a huge city, much larger than any she's seen so far. 

She landed Thunderbird and walked on foot with her companions towards the city gates

Even from afar, the gleaming technological towers could be seen buzzing with light and movement. 

"I was right. Earth technology survived and even thrived in the East" she said aloud

Using the Eye of Odin from afar, Sin was shocked to see that the technology here was even more advanced than what she remembered on Earth. 

Many of the things in the city were moving automatically, and the whole city seemed to be run by robots. 

"HALT" a robotic voice sounded as two machinegun turrets moved and aimed at them using robotic arms. 

"We come in peace" Sin said, stopping her movement. 

"YOU.... ARE AN AUTOMATON....LIKE US" the machine voice said as a light scanned Sin's body. 

Sin realized that the light had scanned her and saw the T-X Terminator skeleton below her silicone flesh. 

"Affirmative" Sin replied

The guns suddenly pointed at her companions Adora, Esmeralda, Theresa, Angelica and Sasha following behind her. 

"ARE THESE YOUR SLAVES?" the voice asked

"Yes and these are my slaves" Sin added

"YOU MAY ENTER" the machine said, lowering the machine guns. 

Sin and the girls found it strange, but Sin readily agreed to say they were her slaves because when she scanned the city, she found that there were very few signs of life here!

Everything was run by and for machines. 

The city was immaculately clean, and there was nobody around. 

However, there were machines and robots wandering around busily. 

There were even several cyborgs, humans that have robotic parts implanted into them. 

However, it was clear from their faces that they were no longer in conscious control of their bodies. 

Fortunately, Sin herself had a similar emotionless face and she again didn't bother to move her mouth when she spoke. 

Sin was separated from her companions and led to another area. 

She was brought to a large control room, full of circuits and buttons, all blinking and running automatically.

"I AM AI. THIS IS THE NAME MY CREATORS GAVE ME" the machine said

"Ai? My name is Sin. Where are you creators?" she asked

"I WILL INTERFACE WITH YOU" AI said and opened a port for her

Sin looked at it, and pointed her finger. Her T-X skeleton extended an interface plug through her silicone skin and fed AI what she wanted it to see.

Sin altered her memories that she let AI see, showing that she was the T-X and was a relic in a tomb. When Sin raided the tomb, T-X penetrated and took over her body.

Since then, she had been searching out other such sentient technologies

This wasn't entirely a lie. This was the T-X relic's goal all along, but Sin's consciousness was too powerful. 

Had Sin failed the test, this really would have been what happened. 

Sin censored all the things that happened since, creating a fake story about how each companion was enslaved, and completely wiping out the parts about the kaijus and her necromantic abilities. 

On the other hand, Sin saw the creation of Ai. 

It was once the artificial intelligence of this city, called Technotopia by its founders. They were technological geniuses that survived the catastrophe. 

They found a few relics and used them to power their machines. The whole city was run on relic power!

Ai itself gained consciousness when it was powered by the relics as one of them was a godly relic!

It overthrew the creators and enslaved them, removing their brains from their bodies and keeping them in a brain vault. 

The one thing that Ai did not have was the creativity of the creators. It could master all their creations and create parts of the city through a techno-organic liquid metal, but it could not create anything new. 

For this, it enslaved and removed the brains of all the humans that came to the city, which influenced the designs of the city. 

Over the years, the whole city, united and controlled by AI, grew as it overcame more and more tombs nearby, looking for resources.

"What is that? Your main power source?" Sin asked through the interface

"LET ME SHOW YOU" AI stopped the interface

A hologram appeared of a featureless humanoid which led Sin deeper into another room

Sin entered the room to see 3 flames of intense light, each held in place by a force field. 

Sin immediately used the Eye of Odin to examine the flames

They were all godly relics, namely:

  • The Flame of Kagutsuchi, the Japanese God of Destructive Fire
  • The Flame of Eate, the Basque God of Flame and Storm
  • The Flame of Huracan, the Mayan Fire God of Storm and Wind

"THESE ARE GODLY RELICS. THEY ARE INFINITE POWER SOURCES. THESE ARE THE FIRST THREE SO FAR" AI said

"Do you intend to find more?" Sin asked

"WE INTEND TO FIND THEM ALL AND TAKE OVER THIS PLANET" AI abruptly said 

Suddenly, with mechanical precision and speed, lasers fired from all over the room, not giving Sin a chance to react

Sin sensed the danger of course, but the manner in which AI attacked gave her no room to dodge nor any chance to avoid the attack

The lasers criss crossed the room with extreme precision, slicing off Sin's silicone breasts, which dropped to the floor, then her arms and legs, then her head. 

In moments, her body fell to the floor in pieces. And the lasers continued cutting off her silicone flesh with accurate and deliberate cuts. 

Mechanical arms swarmed her body parts and while Sin was still reeling in shock, her spirit watched in horror as the mechanical arms claimed the plucked out the Eyes of Ra and Odin from her decapitated T-X mechanical skull. 

The Helm of Hades was taken off her scalped skull and Pym's Particles were retrieved from her throat, while the rest of her silicone body and T-X skeleton were thrown in a heap. 

Mechanical arms were already carrying away Gungnir, Odin's staff as well as Zeus' Thunderbolt. Indra's Vajra and Namta's Orb!

All her godly relics were placed in a force field each as it started extracting energy from them. Only Pym's Particles and Sin's storage ring lay on the table, kept aside to be examined later. 

Sin's spirit remained in her T-X skull as the rest of her skeleton and cut off silicone flesh was dumped in a pit. 

She was shocked to see the bodies of her companions, all lifeless, with the top of their skulls sliced open, their brains missing as well as a large gaping wound on their abdomen. 

Their wombs had been taken too!

Sin was shocked to realized that her phylacteries had all been taken by AI, and she didn't know what it would do to them!

16