Outcome
1.6k 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I waited in my hiding spot as the smoke cleared, waiting to see if my attack had done any damage. But after a few seconds the smoke cleared and in Kakashi sensei's place was a charred log.

I clicked my tongue in frustration, I knew that the attack was a longshot but seeing it do almost nothing was a bit disheartening.

After that, the rest of the test went almost the same way the original did. There was no way I could put up a fight against sensei, even with the recent training I had been doing. But I still wanted to make sure I passed so while Sasuke was fighting sensei and talking about how he was different, I acted like I was going to steal the food and start eating early.

Sensei caught me and told us all we were failures and that we couldn't see the purpose of the training which was teamwork. He said we all failed and that Sasuke and Sakura would have to eat while I was tied to a stump. Then Sakura gave me food even though sensei told her not to, sensei then said we passed for our teamwork.

I knew this was the easiest way to pass sensei's test so I just recreated what the original Naruto did.  Now more importantly I now had time to train and get stronger.

I knew that after the test team 7 only did D rank jobs for a while so this was a perfect time.

The first thing I did was get a chakra testing paper to see if nature affinity. I already knew that it would end up being wind but I tested it just to make sure.

I had actually put a lot of thought into what I would work on next. The first thing that popped into my head was obviously the Rasengan. It was pretty much naruto's signature Jutsu, and I knew all the steps needed to go through to train it.

But then I realized it would be suspicious if started using the Rasengan people would start asking questions about where I learned it. I could, of course, try to say I made the Jutsu but if I remember correctly it took the 4th Hokage 3 years to master it, how would I explain learning and developing it on my own in just a few weeks?

Rather than risk learning the Rasengan, I decided to work on my chakra nature. While I couldn't immediately start using Jutsu, transferring wind chakra to my shuriken or kunai to make them sharper shouldn't be a problem.

I went to an open field in the forest and summoned shadow clones to start my training. If captain Yamato was here keeping the ninetails in check, I would have been able to summon 100's of clones like the original. But since I was on my own I kept to a limit of 8 clones and made them grab a leaf each to start my training.

I used the advice Naruto had originally gotten from Asuma to help speed up the training, to imagine the chakra rubbing against itself and sharpening like the blade of a knife. After a few hours of continuous effort, I collapsed on the floor my shadow clone dissipated and struggled to not pass out.

While the shadow clone technique was great to learn quickly, you would also receive negative effects such as mental fatigue from the clone. Also, my chakra wasn't anywhere close to what post-growth spurt Naruto had so this was as much as I could manage for the day. I spent an hour or so recovering and then summoned my clones again to train for the rest of the day.

I've pretty much had the same routine now for the last 2 weeks and to be honest I'm starting to get bored of it. We have boring D rank missions that seem to never end, and while I'm happy about the increased income I have from them, they are still blad nonetheless. After the missions, I sneak away to continue my chakra training. It took me 5 days just to get a cut on my first leaf but after that I seem to have made quick progress, being able to cut almost halfway through the leaves. Finally, after a week of more boring tasks and training, we finally got assigned to find the lost cat Tora.

I kept deadly silent as I watched the target walk through the forest. I waited until it lowered its head then with a lunge I caught the stupid furball in my hands. After catching the cat we walk to the Hokage's office to report the mission.

"No way old man give us a harder mission to do this time," I complain to the third before he gives us another D rank mission. After going on to explain the different levels of ninja and different levels of missions he finally relents and agrees to give us a C rank.

"Fine, I'll give you a C rank mission, it's to protect an important person." I wait eagerly as the face of Tazuna the bridge builder comes through the door.

30