Aftermath
1k 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting the Earth scroll turned out easier than we had first thought it would be. After taking that one day to recover from the battle with Orochimaru we went on the search for an Earth scroll again.

After about half a day we found a squad with just two of their members that I'd never seen before, even in the manga. Maybe they were eliminated in the first few days of the trial. We ambushed them and we quickly overpowered them and took the scroll that they had, which turned out to be an earth scroll.

The only hiccup we had was when Sasuke tried to use his Sharingan during the ambush. If I just told him beforehand to not use it he would be suspicious as to why? Also, he wouldn't listen to me anyway. So I felt that it would be better to just let him experience what would happen if he tried to use the Sharingan rather than me tell him.

During the fight, he tried to activate it a wave of pain hit him as he clutched his neck trying to not let the curse takeover. Also as expected of Sasuke he still managed to dodge the kunai, one of the ninjas we were ambushing, managed to throw at him.

After we took care of the two ninjas, we took their Earth scroll and started making our way closer to the center of the forest to the tower. That's when I realized we still had 2 more days and we could make use of the time to properly recover.

"Guy's we shouldn't go towards the center until the very end of the trail. Right now there are probably teams waiting near the center trying to ambush people to try to finish the trail. But if we hide on the outskirts for a day or two the strong teams should be gone, and we can finish the trial more easily." I recommended.

"What if we get ambushed when we try to finish the trial, will we have enough time to make it to the tower?" asked Sakura hesitantly.

"Don't you want to give Sasuke time to recover from his injuries?" I whispered to Sakura while Sasuke looked at me suspiciously. I made sure not to let Sasuke hear because if he realized I suggested waiting due to him being injured, there was no way he would accept it.

Sakura sneaked a glance at Sasuke," I guess you're right we should take the time to recover from battle." she agreed. Of course, she would do whatever it takes to make sure Sasuke was safe.

We retreated from where we were to go near the outskirts of the forest. We made a camp near the river for easy access to food and chose a spot to make a camp that had good cover.

While we were resting for the two days my wounds had almost fully recovered. I guess what they said about Naruto's insane healing was true. I was also shocked to find that the amount of chakra I could use had increased by a large margin. I tried summoning shadow clones and this time I was able to summon near a hundred clones.

I guess my repeated use of chakra and the leakage of the nine-tails chakra into my body had to increase my chakra capacity by a huge amount. Also this time Orochimaru hadn't messed with my seal, so the nine-tails chakra would continue to leak and integrate with my own chakra.

After taking two days to recover me and Sasuke had fully healed from our injures. Although I could tell that Sasuke was still in pain due to the curse mark.

We made our way through the forest again on the fifth day, moving towards the tower. Because all the strong teams had already passed through no one tried to stop us as we easily made it through the forest and finished the exam.

After we made it into the tower we saw the signs that told us to open our scrolls. We heard a poof and heard as Iruka-sensei appeared in front of us. I couldn't help but be happy as I ran to give him a hug. He congratulated us for passing through the second trial and explained the Hokage's quote to us.

After we talking to Iruka sensei we were gathered in a room with the remaining applicants where the third Hokage himself was explaining the importance of the exam.

"How well you do on these chunin exams does not only show your own ability as a ninja, it represents the strength of your entire village! The people who will watch the third stage of the exam are rich and individual peoples who make up the clients of the shinobi villages. The leaders of the country themselves will also be there. Your performance in these exams reflects that of your entire village, and remember the better you do the more powerful your village will seem to the audience."

19