Chapter 3
1.3k 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A certain knight's view)

Hello, I'm a certain vice-captain in the royal knight's division, assigned to guard one of the nobles in this kingdom. 

If I were to guess how strong I am, it would be that I am only weaker than the commander of the royal knights. If we clash in strength, no doubt that I'll be the one who would lose. But I have the advantage of being faster than him and I was the only one who could keep up with his pace.

Now, about Sora. The new butler that was recommended by the young master Daniel.

From the words of Alfred, it seems that this slum kid was the one who rescued the young master from the kidnapping incident. If it weren't for those bastards blocking the way, the young master wouldn't be grateful for that kid. Yet, I think that the boy was kinda heroic for risking his life in saving young master at that time.

But enough of backtracking.

I'm currently standing on the field as 

I'm teaching this kid to fight.

Upon looking at his body, he seems so fragile and weak but even with the mask he has, I could see the determination in his eyes as he was about to face me. The mask seems to unnatural to me but after hearing from Alfred that he's a bit shy with people looking at his face, I have a guess that he might have looked ugly and wanted to cover his face. I kinda pity him.

Both of us hold our weapons as Alfred begins the fight.

"Begin!"

Sora quickly dashes in as I easily dodge to the side of his attack and gave a side sweep from my legs, causing him to trip and fall.

"Your attack is too wide and you made too many openings for me to hit you. Try to do make short attacks while not make any openings and try to control your breathing."

Instead of being angry for tripping him and going easy, he slowly nods his head as he took a calm breath and goes for another attack. This time, however, he's making less big moves and slowly trying to analyze my attacks bit by bit.

I was actually surprised that the kid had really good motor skills even though his attacks seem too wild. But in the end, he was a bit inexperienced and too weak that he falls down from exhaustion.

But...

Man, if I have to say. If it weren't for the fact that he was inexperienced and lacking physically, he would actually have a chance in beating me.

That's what I thought after a month of training the kid.

In the next month, I actually lost in the battle on speed. Though, I only won because of the difference in strength and technique.

Damn this kid's a monster.

He actually bested me in my field and almost won. And not only that, but he also followed the training regimen that crazy musclehead of a commander does every day. If you wanna ask how hard his training was, you best be a masochistic person to endure that hellish training of his.

There was one rookie who tried to complete his regimen and had almost died. That's how hellish his training was. Luckily, his training regimen was abolished due to how risky it was and I managed to make a training regimen which was manageable to do.

But since Sora wanted to grow stronger quickly, I decided to train him using that Commander's Training regimen. But even so...

HOW THE ACTUAL FCK DID THIS KID EVEN COMPLETE IT?!

Nonono, that's impossible. Even for me who just completed half of that training, this kid actually just completed it and wasn't even complaining about how hard it was.

And because of that, he actually went stronger in such a short amount of time. He got strong but most important of all was, he just bested me at my strongest. Which was my speed?

Because of that, I got jealous that I hatch an evil plan to get revenge on him being more talented than me.

But because of that, it actually backfired and I lost in terms of strength.

'Ugh, why did I teach the kid on using gravity magic.'

In this world, magic exists. It can conjure fire from the very fingertips to the power of creating natural disasters.

Magic was the prime source of power in this world but wasn't as developed due to how complex the use of magic was. But even so, most people know magic nowadays due to how useful it was. So naturally, it wouldn't be strange for me to learn a thing or two about magic and I had to cast gravitational magic on him to slow his movements.

So...

WHY THE ACTUAL FCK DID YOU USE GRAVITY MAGIC ON YOURSELF?!

How fcking crazy is this kid?! And he uses that magic to train instead of slowing down his opponent. Which is unreal and shouldn't be impossible to do. And even worse is that he used that magic while mixing up with that training. Yet...

Not only did he grow stronger even more in just a month, but his strength is also now even comparable or even stronger than that commander. Even Alfred turned pale from how monstrous of a genius this kid was.

But he didn't use that physical advantage on me and just kept up in my pace until the third month where I now lost to him.

Not in speed nor strength, but with technique.

This kid actually just used me as his training dummy to train his swords skills until he bested me in technique rather than the two things I'm now disadvantageous at. But...

"Than...k....you."

His soothing voice kinda melts my anger when he actually thanked me for training him. I was a bit skeptical about having to train this kid but it actually made me reevaluate myself that I need more training...

"Oi Sora. It would be cool if you use a leaf instead of a sword to beat him."

Sitting in the shaded tree while sipping on a cup of tea, the young master Daniel gave a cold look as if he wasn't satisfied at the result. Yet...

"....U-understood master!"

"................................."

I took a deep breath and look at the clear blue sky...

'I wanna quit my job.....'

20