Side Story: Determined Bonds
1.1k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It seems that you need to train a bit..."

This was what Lord Duncal said to me after tossing me like a rug after our spar. I was currently breathing heavily and could barely stand as all my body were shaking from the aches all over my body.

"Even if we have cured all diseases of you, your body is still not that able to wield a sword, much less even fit to fight."

Giving a straight answer from him, I could only crumple my face in displeasure due to being weak. Yet, it seems that he thought of a good idea as he began to tell me.

"There's this crazy commander of mine and he really likes to train. There's this training regimen of his that require extreme physical training but is a burden to one's mind. Though, if it's you, I think you are determined enough."

Having no choice but that, I didn't hesitate to use it. He gave me a pat on the head as the hellish days started.

***

"Guh."

"Okay...[refesh]"

These past few days, I carried a basket full of rocks on my back as I continuously walk around the mansion. Morning till night, Lord Duncan stayed and trained with me by casting magic that restores stamina. It didn't heal my body and the painful sensation keeps on increasing.

Even when he told me to stop, I continued to walk around the mansions without rest for 3 days.

He would continue pouring more rocks and if I broke my bones or get injured, he would cast heal on me. Upon a few tries, I managed to learn those two skills as not only did I train my body but also my magic capacity.

"Gaah!"

I found myself rolling on the ground and screamed in pain as I had broken my leg while running. I grit my teeth in pain as I reattached them back and cast heal on the broken leg.

"Guh.....haah...haah..."

Lord Duncan said that this training was banned due to how it could break one's mentality and making someone cripple.

I tried to stand up but my eyes began to face out of unconsciousness as I could hear a familiar voice in my head.

"Oi. As my servant, you shall not be as weak. Sora! Become a butler that's not a shield but also as my sword! Stand up and surpass yourself!"

I felt a bit of rage as I glared at the boy in front of me. Even if he was my master, I shouldn't be doing as life-risking as this. I just want to live dammit!

"Please. Your the only person I can rely on..."

Suddenly, I could feel liquid falling onto my face as I look up to see him crying. I was surprised that he started to cry but he continued to talk while trying to hold his tears.

"Everyone here hates me and I could only cause trouble around me. I don't want to be alone...please...get strong...Sora..."

Then, I began to recall those around me who talk about the young master.

"Ugh...that brat keeps getting full of himself. Just because he is the Lord's son, I could tolerate that person."

"Look at what he's doing to that poor child. How could that young master be this cruel?"

"Ugh...if I weren't indebted to the Lord, I wouldn't have to tolerate that haughty child of his."

It seems that the young master wasn't well liked in this household and even with his sister, it was but a strained relationship between them. The Lord only sees him succeeding on the house and no one here was able to care for him.

Realizing this, I slowly stood up and started to walk and look at him in a warm gaze.

"....thanks..."

I then continued to run as Master slowly disappear from my back.

Master and I may not have the same life, one living in a harsh life while the other lives in luxury. But, we both knew that our world was harsh around us and I could tell that he had never had anyone to put his trust in.

It wasn't that I'm now fully trusting on the lord but maybe...Maybe my life here wouldn't be so bad. I want to believe that...

I continued on moving my tired body while doing exercises as I carry these stones around me whenever I go. Giving up here would mean that I would return to my life in the slums. I persevere through these hellish training that I kept on improving day by day.

Lord Duncal naturally continues to give me advice on which part of my body to train on as I continue my training until I fully developed my body in a month. 

I had finally surpassed him in speed yet I wasn't able to beat him. I felt bitter due to my hard work wasn't enough but he smiled that I had surpassed my past self. As I felt a bit proud of what I had accomplished.

Master who saw my match with the Lord, gave a cold look at me while looking down.

"It seems that you still haven't surpassed Fred...Put more effort into your training."

He doesn't seem to give praise, instead was harsh and just turn around without as much as giving a little bit of praise. But I could hear a bit of a mumble from him as he gave a bit of a compliment for my hard work.

"Good job..."

He doesn't seem of a bad person and was most likely trying to be prideful. But he would give respect to those who he put trust into.

I silently thought that he would be the guy whom I'm willing to trust and would gladly be someone I would serve...

20