Chapter 5
1k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has passed since the time I beat Lord Ducal in a duel.

I'm currently attending to the young master after finishing Mr. Albert's last training he had for me. It was because he said that there was nothing left he could have taught me that I am now able to stand beside the young master while listening to his tutor.

"Young Master Daniel. This subject is needed for you to understand how to be a proper Lord. Please listen to me."

"....."

As I am beside him, I finally realize that even though he had a good disposition as a noble, he was actually not good at his studies. But as a butler, not only must I be intelligent, I should be able to educate my master as well. That was what Mr. Albert told me.

"I-f I may be rude to ask but-"

"A butler must not interrupt a noble's education as not only the master should learn but as a butler must compensate for his blunder as well. Are we clear Mr. Sora?"

"....U-understood...."

After being reprimanded by the tutor, I could only hang my head down as he continues to scold the young master.

***

"Ugh...you shouldn't have done that Sora."

"....A-apologies Master!"

I quickly bow my head down as I'm filled with fear and worry due to me getting fired. I'm not as smart since I could barely write my own name. And I didn't have any proper education since I was raised in the slums.

"Then as punishment, I want you to head to the library and study until you are able to argue back at the tutor or else...."

He then made a gesture of me pointing outside as I realize how grave of a punishment he was about to give me. I gave me a sense of crisis as I quickly head towards the library and study as much as I can.

At first, I could barely understand what was written since I wasn't taught about reading and writing but with the help of Albert, I was able to read a bit and hole myself into the library for two months before telling master I was ready.

I was able to argue to the tutor and had to make a logical argument in which I made him speechless. In the end, the tutor lost and I finally felt relieved until master gave another order for me.

"Very good Sora. It seems that the tutor was impressed at what you did but after knowing about you being smart, how about I give you another task in hand.

Try to study a bit more into magic and make a very cool magic spell that would make me speechless. If it's not into my satisfaction, I shall cut your food in half for a week. Try your best to satisfy me."

After hearing all that, I turn pale in fear for the request he made.

It wasn't as harsh as being kicked out of the house but having your food being cut in half made me fear for my life as starving yourself is the worst thing imaginable.

I wasn't to let that happen as I quickly head back to the library. But this time, I move towards the magic section as I begin my research in magic.

***

(Fred's View)

I'm currently being invited by the young master of the Sylfid household as he also gathered all of his family and servants outside the house.

"Haha. Today I'm going to show you how capable my butler truly is."

After hearing what he said, I felt really uncomfortable since he's talking about that Sora kid.

I already know how monstrous that kid is since I lost to him 2 months ago. Even more so was when he had to fight using a leaf which was once impossible but now possible due to him being himself.

I even heard a bit from Alfred that he even lost in a battle against cooking which was actually shocking since I had known Alfred who was once recommended to be the king's personal chef.

Now that I think about it, I wondered how his dish would taste like. The dish that made Alfred submit....

"Ah, Sora. So your finally ready."

As we are all talking, the boy himself had shown up and was currently shaking in fear.

By the looks of it, it seems that the young master had done something again by doing an unreasonable request yet again. First was him making him fight with a leaf, so what is he going to do now.

"Now, show me the coolest magic Sora!"

""!!""

I and Alfred gave a shocking look as the rest had a surprise looks on them.

Having known Sora's capabilities, we can guess that it would be powerful magic capable of wiping this mansion or something but even so. It might be just something small since Sora had just begun learning magic and is only capable of using gravity magic which I taught him.

Wait, wasn't gravity magic hard magic to learn?

I slowly come to a sudden realization of which I was actually right in him being able to show something cool.

"Oh Lord of fire. Give me access to the land of flames and give rise to mighty elemental wrath upon my enemies. [Flame Dragon Strike]!"

As he raises his hand in the air, red light emerges and a long serpent dragon started coming out of his hand and stares at us with a mighty roar.

I fell to my knees at the roar while my legs began to shake in fear. The dragon who seem satisfied at my reaction, rise to the air and Sora continued his chant."

"Upon showing the might of fire, let me conclude my magic with a might boom. [Explosion]!"

As the dragon finally reached a certain height, it exploded at the sky as a strong gust of wind which came from the explosion.

"That was excellent Sora! You impressed me very well!"

"...Thank you, Master....

"Ahahaha...."

After showing that, I kinda realize of how monstrous of a talent this kid has....

22