Chapter 6
1k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Having to walk outside the mansion and traveling around the kingdom could be a good way to relax."

On the day after the whole magic test had happened, the young master decided to take a walk around the kingdom and plan on giving me a reward for me passing his test.

As this was the first time receiving a reward from the master, I have mixed feelings since I knew that master wasn't the type to give rewards.

Accompanied by the young mistress Liliana and a guard behind us, we are currently heading to the marketing area of the kingdom and giving a view of how populous the place was. Filled with bustling merchants, adventurers and the people going around.

The young mistress who was interested in the articles of clothing and accessories displayed while the young master had his eyes hook on the weapons. I gave a silent response as I continue to look around the place while maintaining my surroundings.

Even though there was the incident where the master got kidnapped. The Lord gave the master a casual confirmation to go out but was accompanied by a guard behind. I think that he actually let him go was because of me being able to protect him. I should take the responsibly seriously since the Lord had put great trust in me protecting master.

"Ah, Daniel!"

"Hmn? Ah, Greg!"

While walking, it seems as we had run into one of master's friend on the way. As I didn't know who that person was, the guard behind me whispered me who he was.

"Sora, that guy is Lord Argus's Grandchild, Young Master Gregory Cedrall. You should remember him as being Daniel's closest friend and a great knight like his grandfather."

"....Understood."

It seems that he is one who would become one of the royal knights and even become like his father. As to not shame the young master in front of his friend, I should give a proper greeting as a butler for him.

"Ah, let me introduce you, Greg. This guy here is my butler Sora. You must've heard him from Fred right?"

"Oh...."

Upon turning towards me I gave a light bow like what Mr. Alfred had taught me as I stated my introductions.

"I am honored....I'm Sora...."

"Ahh...Sorry about that Greg. He's a bit...lacking in communication. But it seems that he became better at speaking than before. So you shouldn't mind that."

"......I see..."

I felt a bitter taste in my mouth when the young master had to cover up for me. It shames me to be unable to talk more due to lacking in my words.

As I continued to bow, I had sensed a slight killing intent as I quickly block the incoming attack using a leaf.

"?! Oho, it seems that what Fred said was half right."

I quickly realized the situation as I had blocked young Master Gregory's attack. He seems impressed about me blocking his attack but was more surprising was me using an unusual weapon to use."

"I can sense faint magic on that leaf....reinforcement magic?!"

He had realized something as he pulls back his sword. I followed suit and discard the leaf I currently held as I go back behind the master.

"Heh, surprising right Greg?"

"Y-yeah..."

Master felt proud like he had done something great as I felt Mistress and the bodyguard behind him gave him cold looks. Master Gregory looks astonished but gave a huge smile as he looks towards me in anticipation.

"Great! You shouldn't be worried then. Facing my grandpa."

"?!"

As he said that, I, the mistress and the guard look surprised while master gave a grin as he responded.

"Heh, my butler is gonna beat your grandpa senseless."

***

In the training field for the Royal Knights Division frequently practice, it's currently a place where I and the Commander are currently gonna have a duel.

Unknowingly to the questions I had about this, Lord Argus felt a bit eager to see him fight with him.

"So this lad was the one who beat you ain't that right Fred?"

"Be it to my dismay Sir but yeah...."

Lord Duncal gave a shallow response as he felt a bitter taste in his mouth when he answered but he was also eager for me to fight Lord Argus as well.

There were the prince and a few elite guards behind him to protect him, beside him was the young Mistress sitting beside him and master at his side, eager to see us fight.

"You can do it Sora!"

"Give it your best as one of the Butlers of the Sylfid household and make us proud."

Giving encouragements from my masters, I gave a bow to Lord Argus to show respects to him.

"Honored....to fight....you..."

"Hoh...? I admired the respects to your elders but I'm not gonna go easy on you since you had beat Fred. So give everything you got at me."

"...U-understood."

We both held our weapon as Lord Gregory was the one who would oversee us as a referee.

"Lad, that boy may be the one who would act as a referee but I put my great trust in him since he has the attitude of fairness and the righteousness as a fellow knight."

"...yes."

Since using my leaves would be disadvantageous for me, I had to resort to using a sword for being honorable in a knights chivalry and as a swordsman in a duel.

Lord Argus who once had a carefree attitude, gave a serious look as he enters his stance. I also follow suit by using only one hand to fight.

"Hoh? Your stance looks unusual for using a sword but as I see it, it seems you polish that stance as I can't seem to see any openings from you."

I slowly nodded to him as I took a deep breath before the battle. Lord Gregory raises his hands in a signal to prepare to start the duel as he swings his hand down.

"Begin!"

Then, two swords clashed.

17