7: Caged warrior
12.9k 26 258
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You really want to send me back to school? I'm sick of it from my previous life already. Do you actually think I'm going to accept and trust your words?

 

"I should point out that those 3 also do occasionally teach there."

 

*Gulp*

 

"Listen… let's say for a second that I do decide to go with this and join the academy. How do I know that everything you are telling me isn't a lie?"

 

"Hmm… I didn't think about that really. And it's natural for you to be cautious after what happened to you. Then… oh! I got it! How about we form a Master-Slave contract?"

 

Does this girl knows what she's talking about? It's true that with my Slave Master ability I can make her my slave if I get her consent. A slave cannot harm the master, nor can it disobey. It's true that if we do that, I don't have to worry about any schemes she might have.

 

"Are you sure? After all, aren't you a proud nobel Mazoku?"

 

"The nobility system is exactly what I am hoping to change."

 

I don't get it. But if she truly wants to be my slave, I have nothing against that.

 

------

 

The neutral port of Lyndwurm. After the dimensional schism happened and monsters kept invading all countries decided to temporary call a truce. However there was no way the grudge between them would disappear. However the invaders caused massive damage everywhere they went.

 

To be able to raise funds and try to stabilize the economy, cooperation between races was necessary. And so, the town of Lyndwurm where winter lasts 9 months a year was designated as a trading point for every race, for every country.

 

Humans, elves, Mazoku, dwarves and demi-humans. In this town everyone put their grudges aside and worked together. If there was something you wanted to find, this town had it all. From spices to silk, from books to rare metals. Of course an important town like this had to have an army to protect it.

 

Lyndwurm's army didn't respond to any ruler's call. It's sole purpose was to maintain order, punish discrimination and protect the town from invading monsters. The one in charge of this army as well as the town itself was duke Fallon and his younger brother count Loyd. Both of them were humans. When they were appointed rulers of this town, they couldn't be more happy. This crisis gave them the opportunity to amass a great amount of fortune.

 

However, Lyndwurm being such an important town, it was necessary for it to have a it's own elite fighter. It's own hero.

 

A young woman in her early twenties entered the room. She had long crimson hair tied up in a ponytail. Her eyes were also deep reed. She wore a pure white armour with red accents. She had a bright red ruby attached to her breast plate. Her chest wasn't particularly ample but she had a nice thin waist. Her fingerless arm guards allowed her to grip her weapon tightly. An enchanted holy sword. The hilt of her blade almost looked like feathers. She was a holy paladin. The master swordsman Sylvia.

 

"Lady Sylvia, as always, it is a pleasure to see you!"

 

"I have come to give my report. The mad orcs that were attacking caravans have been dealt with."

 

"Oh! Magnificent! You are truly the gem of this town."

 

"If I may, I have a request."

 

"Speak."

 

"The moon festival that will be held in the town of Camilla… I would like to attend it."

 

"Lady Sylvia, I thought we've already discussed this. This town needs you. It takes 10 days to reach Camilla by horse. What if something were to happen in your absence?"

 

"I understand, but everyone in the army is well trained. Even if an attack were made, I am confident that…"

 

"Can you say 100% that no casualties will be made? Do I need to remind you how important this town is? This town is responsible for every race to have a stable economy. If merchants and caravans were to be attacked or stopped coming out of fear… you know what that means, don't you?

 

It means that our funds used for your mother's treatment will have to be allocated elsewhere. Is that really what you want?"

 

"No. Of course not! Forget my suggestion."

 

"I'm glad you understand. Why don't you take the rest of the day off. You deserve some rest."

 

This was Sylvia's situation. She was one of the strongest swordsmen, yet she was confined by this city. Inside her heart she was still a girl that wanted to explore the world. Since she was small she heard everything about the Hero's adventure. About how they traveled the world. She wanted the same things. To see all the wonders this world had to offer.

 

When she discovered her talent for the sword she thought she might finally be able to make her dream come true. But in the last 3 years all she did was protected Lyndwurm. She had enough of one place. But there was something that was keeping her here. Her mother. 

 

Her mother was suffering from a deadly illness. duke Fallon and count Loyd promised to help her look for a cure in exchange for Sylvia protecting the city. Ever since that day, Sylvia has become Lyndwurm's slave. However she didn't complain because her mother was the most important person for her. 

 

She had hope that one day she will recover and once she does, she will finally be free. But that day… just never seem to come.

 

------

 

"Contract complete. Starting from this day forward, I am your faithful servant. Please treat me kindly, lady Yurishia."

 

"Pfft. Whatever. Listen up. This is an order. Were you telling the truth? Is there a chance for me to meet those bastards if I join the Demon King Academy?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Then I guess I might as well."

 

"There are a few problems that must be addressed first."

 

"Like what?"

 

"For starters, your appearance."

 

I forgot about that. I guess I can't waltz into the Demon Academy looking like a human. But I can't shed this body either. Even after 10 years, the curse is still inside me. If I get out of this body it will just continue to erode me.

 

"If you are thinking about that curse you told me about, perhaps I have a solution for that too. If it's specifically designed to counter any type of healing magic, then that just means you need to use a traditional medicine. Maybe some elves know some kind of plant mix to fix you."

 

"And where the hell am I supposed to find elves? Their country is miles away."

 

"Fear not. There is a town called Lyndwurm. It's a neutral town for all races. I am sure we'll find someone there."

 

"You thought of a lot of things. Are you sure supporting me is all you're after?"

 

"Yup. Because supporting you will also lead to my dream."

 

"You said that there are several issues. What are the others?"

 

"Let's just take them one at a time for now."

 

Guess I'll leave it at that for now. I have nothing to worry now that she's my slave. And after all that adventure I kinda got tired. I should rest for now. She seems like she can actually pilot this ship just fine by herself.

 

"Fine. Then wake me up when we get to Lyndwurm."

 

"As you wish. Sweet dreams, fufu!"

258