8: Nelia
11.9k 19 254
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's be friends forever, Nelia!"

"Yeah! It's a promise. Let's be friends forever, Liz!"

An innocent promise made between two kids. I was born in a noble family with quite the high status. My parents usually spoiled me, but they were never around.

When I was a little girl, Liz was everything to me. My childhood friend. I used to spend more time with her than anyone else. Almost from morning and till dusk, we were inseparable. Life was a bliss.

"Hey, Nelia, let's practice magic together!"

A few years later, father wanted to appoint a private magic tutor for me. It was important for all Mazoku to learn how to properly use magic. 

I asked my father if Liz can learn with me. He absolutely refused. But I didn't want to study alone. Eventually I threatened him that if he doesn't let Liz study with me, I won't study either. Reluctantly, he gave his consent.

"Lady Nelia, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Please shake my hand!"

"I can't believe I am in the same room, breathing the same air as lady Nelia, fuah! This is definitely an indirect kiss!"

My rapid growth obviously attracted attention from both boys and girls. Everyone wanted to be friends with me. Or so it seemed. But I quickly realised that they were just wearing a mask. They weren't interested in me. But my noble status.

I rejected mostly everyone. Liz was the only one true friend I needed. As long as I had her, I didn't need anyone else. Until that dreadful day.

"Father, what's the meaning of this!?"

"What do you mean?"

"You… you fired Liz's parents. Do you realize what that means!? They'll be forced to move!"

"Of course. That was my intention all along."

"What!?"

"It's time you realized your status. You come from a noble family. Nobles and commoners aren't on equal footing. Even the 3 great demon generals acknowledged that. You can't waste your sympathy on them. Everyone else is just an insect before you."

I tried to prevent that from happening. But by the time I realized everything, Liz and her family had already left town in search for another job. Because the strings my father pulled nobody hired them and they were forced to leave town. I didn't even get to say goodbye… or give her one of my spiders to still talk.

But my sorrow didn't end there. When I tried to track Liz down, I found out that they got attacked by bandits… and she and her family… were killed. 

"Nelia! Let go of me this once!"

"Shut your mouth! This all happened because of you and your stupid ideals!"

"Nelia… I am your father…"

"So what? Liz was everything to me. You mean nothing! You barely spent a day with me. And because of you Liz is dead now! There's only one thing you said that is true. And now that I look at you like this… you really are nothing more than an insect. And insects… should be squashed!"

I killed my father. I didn't feel any regret. Of course, mom disowned me and threw me out. But not before I managed to steal quite a stash of money. I had no goal. No objective. Was that how life was supposed to be? Where the great 3 right? Only nobles should be given privileges? Are people like Liz doomed to fail in life?

That can't be. The Warlord was one of the most respected people amongst the Mazoku, and she wasn't a noble. Something wasn't right. So I started to investigate. I found small inconsistencies in the events related to us. 

It is said that the Warlord and her party were ambushed by the Hero. Yet lady Yurishia is the only one that died. And none of her party sustained a single injury. That doesn't add up.

Also those 3 stated that in order to carry out her will, Yurishia's last words were that the Maou will be revealed and it will be a of noble blood. Yurishia herself wasn't a noble. She didn't have a clairvoyance ability or anything like that. 

I started investigating the human side. Apparently the Hero did take the credit for Yurishia's death. But only because of the King's request. The Hero himself leaked out to his closest friends that he didn't engage Yurishia at that time. Yet the King asked him to pretend he did so he can strike fear into the Mazoku's hearts.

One clue at a time, eventually led to Titania Prison Island. And there I found her. A mysterious human with a demonic aura.

Lady Yurishia, had been through her own ordeal and hell. Her former companions… in my eyes are no different than my dad. This world can't remain like this. I can't change it. But lady Yurishia can! Although weakened right now, if she regains her powers she might be able to become the Maou.

Helping her get her revenge, even becoming her slave, I don't care. If I can support her and guide her, then both of us will get what we want. 

She will get her revenge and I'll get to see this stupid system fall. Lady Yurishia, you might not want to change the world and you probably think you are doing what you want. And in a way you are, but the fact that you are doing what you want is exactly what will change the world.

It will give everyone hope and show that everyone is entitled to life. On the promise I made with Liz, I vow to follow and protect you. I will do everything in my power so you can get your revenge. 

Both of us… have the same end goal. Killing those 3 is the answer. The demon race needs to be set on the right path. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us, fufu!

254