11: Inside the cave
9.9k 16 227
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were surrounded. These things aren't dimensional monsters. They are regular monsters. Giant snakes and scorpions the size of a car. Normally I would just wave my hand and they would all run eating dirt. But guess we have no choice other than fighting them.

"Ugh, I hate scorpions!"

Nelia was making an angry face. Like anywhere, spiders and scorpions don't get along. You're probably wondering at this point why Nelia is a Mazoku instead of a demi-human. Demi-humans are part human part animal after all. Well… the short answer is that demi-humans only have mammal and bird traits. Any part human part insect or reptile… is immediately a Mazoku. But no time for a philosophical debate on the race traits right now, cause here they come!

I kicked the ground and jumped back. Nelia on the other hand quickly manifested web strings and merged them all into a halberd. She used it to stop the charge of two scorpions.

"Got you know! [Bisector]!"

The halberd immediately returned to string form and all off them wrapped around the scorpions. One tug from Nelia and body parts and blood splattered everywhere. 

I on the other was attacked by a snake. This type of snake can spit small poisonous bullet like projectiles. I chased the figure crawling past me with my eye. The giant snake let out a roar and I was assaulted by a gale of wind. But it wasn't something I couldn't handle.

I pulled my sword and rapidly slashed. However, the armor of the snake repelled my blade really easy.

The snake hissed and fired it's poisonous bullets at me. The speed of the bullets was fast. An average person would be in trouble, but just this much… I nimbly dodged them.

If my sword has no effect on him then...

"Take this!"

I closed the distance in one breath. And then I gave him a powerful blow. A strong punch hit the snake's chin, making that giant body bend backwards greatly.

It was down, but not defeated. Honestly I would love to use magic right now. But I can't let Sylvia see it. If she sees my demon aura she might turn on me.

"Yurishia, get out of the way!"

Sylvia shouted out to me and instinctively I moved clearing a path for her. She drew her sword and it shined brightly. Wait… something about that aura is…

"[Meteor Slash]!"

Sylvia swung her sword rapidly and a barrage of 4 crescent moon slashes were unleashed. They cut through the snake like pudding. She has skill, I'll admit it. But that sword…

"...Einehal?"

"Yurishia don't let your guard down!"

"Right!"

No use thinking about it now. We still need to get rid of these pests.

------

The 3 of us were a really coordinated team. We managed to drive off these all these monsters and the road to the flower was clear now.

"Yurishia, pardon me, but during the fight, you mentioned something. Einehal. How did you know?"

Sacred Sword Einehal. It was the weapon of the Hero. A sword forged by a dwarf, enchanted with elven runes and blessed by the Goddess of Light. It was a weapon who's sole purpose was being able to kill any Mazoku. It was also known as the miracle blade, at it even had the power to 'cut' through fate. 

When I fought the Hero I always had to be careful around it. The only way I could block it was by overlapping layer after layer of the the demonic barrier 'Fuka'. Still… that sword, although it gives off the same aura as Einehal, it's too weak. Gotta think of a response. Hmm… I know! Please let it work!

"My eyes have an appraisal skill. Because of this I was able to recognize that sword. It gave off the same glow as the legendary sword Einehal."

"Fufu! You are right. I'm actually impressed that you saw it. Yes. I didn't give it a name, but this sword was forged from a shard of the legendary Einehal."

Shard? What the fuck!? Did the Hero break the sword or something? It's clear that a lot of things happened in the 10 years I was imprisoned. But it's better to leave it at that for now. 

"Lady Yurishia, over here! I found the flowers!"

Thank God. Because Nelia shouted out to us we dropped the topic for now. Still, I can't wait to see what Nelia's spiders find out about this girl. I'm slightly intrigued. 

We started walking towards Nelia who was gathering the flowers. It was a deep blue colored flower, similar to a rose. For starters it's even weird for a flower to grow in a cave with no sunlight. But then again, this is another world.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted.

"Nelia, jump back!!"

"Eeeh!?"

The Master-Servant contract allows me to control the servants body without their consent if I wanted. Just now I forced an order on her. Nelia's body moved according to my will, and just in the nick of time. Something crashed in the spot she was previously standing. Or should I say someone.

"Gu%H@YoA#%RguAh!!"

What the hell? I thought my Language Sage would translate everything. But I can't understand what this thing is saying. It's an ugly thing too. A muddy creature with feet similar to a wolf and the arms of a praying mantis. Not to mention it's head was basically a vertical venus fly trap. It's about the size of a human and yet this thing has a big amount of magic pressure.

I will admit this thing looks strong. If it was my former self, I would blast it in the blink of an eye. But we need to do this the hard way. I can't read how sturdy this thing is just from looking at it.

"Yurishia, Nelia, be careful! This is it! That's the dimensional monster! And this is bad. It's a B category threat!"

Sylvia was sweating and made a complex face. Are these things really that dangerous? It's just one after all. B category threat… this must be a ranking system developed for this thing. But it still means nothing to me. Only way to find out what I'm dealing with is by charging straight forward! 

"KYAAAAAAAAAWWAAAAAAAAH!!"

"It's coming!"

227