26: The imprisoned Queen
8.5k 31 201
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had to see the elven spring with my own eyes. You might be wondering why I didn't teleport there directly and bothered using my cloack. Well there's a reason for that. I can only teleport to places I have been once before. 

Although I have a general idea where that spring is, the layout of the land and the building of this castle changed too much so it's messing with my skill. I need to walk there. Getting out of the palace was easy. And as I went down the streets I couldn't believe I didn't see any dark elf. Both types were born from Lumi-chan and that king called them filth? That just can't be right.

Lumi-chan isn't someone who can disappear into thin air. I tried looking for her magic power but couldn't find a single trace. Was she erasing her magic power on purpose? 

What I can find and follow though is the elven spring. Technically her magic is imbued in it so maybe I can get some clues. I can't imagine the elves doing something to her. Yet if she is in trouble maybe things can work my favor. I eventually reach the spring. Something isn't right. This water gives the exact same aura as Lumi-chan. They normally should be close but they aren't supposed to be identical. I narrow my eyes and can see something inside. 

There's an underwater cave down there. Let's see where it leads. I gently dip into the water. Creating a big splash is the last thing I need right now. Mazoku can't breathe underwater, but they can hold their breath for a long time. I personally can go for roughly 30 minutes before needing fresh air again. So swimming through the cave's narrow corridor wasn't hard.

As I was wondering how long this tunnel goes I reach an underwater door. It wasn't locked with magic. All you need is brute force to pry it open. On the other side it felt like I was in a pond so I aimed for the surface. I'm lucky my cloak works even if it gets wet. Getting spotted now would be bad. At the surface it felt like I was inside a cave but at the same time it felt like a weird temple.

And the first thing I notice is a faint blue light. It was coming from a floating water bubble with a naked girl inside it. Her entire body is glowing with magic power. And her figure is clear as daylight. I took off my cloak and called out to her.

"Lumi-chan."

"Eh? That way of calling me… lady Yurishia?"

"Yup. Long time no see."

She let out a big smile. It was like it was the first time she talked to someone in ages. 

"I'm really glad that we got the chance to meet again. But… what the hell are you doing in there? Did you get stuck or something? Hang on. I'll get you down."

"No! You mustn't! If you pull me out of here all the elves will suffer."

She waved her hands back and forth signaling me to stay away. 

"What exactly is going on here?"

"Will you listen to my story?"

"Gladly."

"Firstly, have you heard of the Mana Stone?"

"Only rumors. It's said it's actually the tear of a God in gem form and carries infinite mana. Humans followed that legend and tried creating the philosopher's stone. Something like that."

"Correct. In fact originally the Mana Stone was the one blessing the elven spring. The role of the elven spring is quite simple. It gives life to the forest. It can heal our diseases and it enriches the soil. It is the life foundation for the elves. Without it… the land would slowly rot away."

So far so good. I wonder what all this has to do with her situation though.

"High Eleves and Dark Elves lived together in harmony. Mythos was my trusted commander. But a certain incident caused his heart to blacken. Due to an unfortunate accident his wife died. He blamed the Dark Elves that were in charge of guarding her. He came to me to pass judgement onto them."

"And let me guess. You rejected him."

"Of course. As I said it was an accident. What he demanded was death. I couldn't allow that and turned him down. Ever since his hatred towards the Dark Elves grew bigger and bigger. Until one day he has gone mad. He came to this very temple and stole the Mana Stone. When I noticed the disturbance I rushed as fast as I can. Without the mana stone, the elven spring would die. But I was careless. Using the power of the stone… he locked me here and I was forced to take its place. My mana is comparable to the Stone. And ever since I've been fueling the spring."

I don't like where this story is going. It reminds me too much of myself. A place with no escape. She's going through the same shit I suffered.

"After my disappearance he claimed the throne. Using the Mana Stone he created an illusion of me holding a speech and appointing him king in my place. Ever since that moment, he slowly whipped away my existence."

Tears starting flowing from her eyes. It was quite strange to visibly see tears in water.

"...Sob… the elves have forgotten their mother. My children separated themselves… they cut down the Eternal Tree… sniff…"

"Why don't you just leave?"

That's what I would do.

"Would a true mother abandon her children?"

I think I get the gist of it. If she leaves the land and the elves will suffer. If she stays, she'll continue to suffer. 

"Nobody needs me anymore… this world has no place for me other than this spring…"

"That's not true. I still need you!"

"Eh?"

"You're not tied to the throne anymore. I have a goal I must achieve. Come with me and help me achieve that goal. If everyone rejects you I will embrace you. You say this world has no place for you anymore? Then we'll just have to make a new one!"

Lumi-chan laughed while shedding tears.

"Thank you, but it's fine. I told you, I can't leave this place."

"You sure are stubborn. Why not ask for help? I can't erase what happened, but there's something else I can do. I can make you happy. Travel with me and I'll give you love. You'll have a place where you belong."

"But the spring…"

"Fufu! Then all I have to do is find a replacement for you. Then there should be no problem!"

"Eeeh!!?"

201