36: Entrance exam part 2
6k 18 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You surprised me. That's all. You may have passed the physical test, but let's see how you do in the duel part."

He snapped his fingers and the next moment light was spread across the arena bleachers. Various hooded people were sitting.

"These are the judges for this test. It's to make sure cheating is prevented. Your slaves aren't allowed to interfere either. During your fight against me, they will examine you, measure your power and if the result is satisfactory, you pass and will be officially admitted. However if you fall before me too fast, you won't gain admission. All weapons, armor and spells are allowed. Any questions?"

"Not really."

Since everything was rigged so far, I'm pretty sure I need to actually beat this guy for a guaranteed pass. 

"With that said…"

His cape covered all his body. And in the next moment, instead of his tuxedo he was now wearing a black armor with gold accents. 

"I am also allowed to use any weapons, armor and spells. I'll make you regret your words!"

"You're free to try."

I talk big, but like I said it will be a close fight. I never had to rely on a weapon before. But looks like this time I don't have that luxury. So from my Infinite Storage I make a sword appear in my hands. A sword with a purple blade and black hilt.

"What the!? That blade… there's no mistake. How the hell did you get your hands on it?"

Demon Sword Ethereal Solaris. Once it was the pride of the northern faction. It was handed over to me. But since I evolved rapidly, not many know it was in my possession. Alongside my supposed death, this sword should have been labeled lost. It's quite potent. So it will work for this fight.

"I have no obligation to tell you."

"I'll pry it out of your arms!"

He also pulled out a pitch black sword. Here we go! The black aura emanating from his body fully covered the sword. He held his sword in upwards so I charged straight in.

"Take this!"

I rushed with no hesitation and I continuously striked at him. However, he managed to block each one of my attacks.

"Hmm… those are some strange movements. What's that sword technique?"

The technique and movements aren't my own. I spent really little time using swords. However… I am copying the Hero's movements and fighting style. The high speed of his swings feel a little clunky, but the more I fight, the more I will adjust to them.

"Don't get cocky, brat!"

He made a large swing to deflect my blows in one go. The force behind that swing pushed me back. This time he was on the offence.

"Don't think this is just a sword contest."

Above his head a black geometric pattern was drawn in the air. Black lights emerged from hit and were all headed towards me.

"[Fallen Down]!"

An explosion was generated shaking the entire arena.

"Hahaha! See? You were nothing more than a weakling!"

"Are you done laughing?"

"What!?"

When the smoke cleared he saw me standing in the same spot without an injury. Demon barrier Fuka. Normally at my current level it would have been crushed, but by overlapping multiple layers the damage was nullified. I don't want to let this drag on. I know how to deal with him.

"[Dark Storm]!"

50 purple swords formed above my head. An omnidirectional attack. 

"Eat this!"

"Naive!"

He slammed his blade into the ground. A green dome surrounded him like a barrier. It was like my swords were corroding the moment they touched it. But, that was just a diversion. I increased my agility tremendously and in the blink of an eye I was standing in front of him. I aimed for his throat.

"Not quite!"

His sword once again emitted black light. He deflect my blow once again. 

"Remarkable. For a commoner, you managed to impress me. But let's end this. [Roaring Slash]!"

"Damn it. I'm not done!"

Astonishing clashing sounds and sparks filled the arena. For a second I thought I could match him but… however his jet black aura became more intense. It's like his sword was swallowing my own. It's overwhelming me… I had no choice but to jump back.

"Hou? What's wrong. You're getting slower. Have you reached your limit?"

It's a long shot. But I'm pissed. I'll blow you to smithereens!

"Hahahaha!"

"What? Has fear driven you insane?"

"Listen up! If you want to live, put everything you have into defence. Same for you so called judges."

"What nonsense are you saying?"

"Don't say I didn't warn you. I praise you for making me use this. Now perish! [Armored Giant]!"

An incredible burst of demonic aura was unleashed. Purple flames scattered everywhere. And at my words… A giant purple knight almost as tall as a building formed. Almost like a Susanoo holding a giant sword. Every move that I made, it would copy me. It's something I never used… but I can't let this drag on. 

"[Crescent Strike]!"

As soon as I slashed, the giant knight also did it. A powerful slash that blew everything away. It split the aren seats. This place has a strong barrier, as my attack didn't pierce the walls. As soon as the attack was over the knight vanished. And when the dust cleared… some of the judges fainted. As for Zeldris…

"*...pant…*"

He was heavily breathing. His body was covered in blood, but he was still alive. I got close to him.

"Who… the hell… are you…?"

He fainted from the stress. Some robes immediately jumped in so they can treat him. One of them approached me, although he was shaking with fear.

"T... that's enough. You… you pass. H… here. This is a key to a house and the adress is written on the envelope. You are admitted in the academy. Details will be… mailed to you."

My servants all came to hug me.

"Congratulations!"

"Aneue, I knew you could do it."

"There's no stopping you!"

Lumi-chan once again floated and patted me on the head. As for Shizu.

"Grats! We should celebrate with lots of se…"

I quickly put my hand on her mouth. Although it's not a bad idea, stuff like this shouldn't be said out loud. 

"Listen girls, for now let's go and rest. We'll properly celebrate after we install ourselves in this house."

"Understood!" (x5)

163