38: First lesson
6.1k 39 160
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man that didn't look any different than a human got close. He wasn't wearing the typical red uniform the others were wearing. He had a red cape, and a black shirt that exposed his chest. And he had various gold accessories like a pair of arm guards. He had an athletic built. As for his looks, he had really long red hair and deep blue eyes. He seemed like an arrogant rich snob to me.

"Look at you. It seems that the great lady Nelia really was turned into nothing more than a slave. How the mighty have fallen, hahahaha!"

He looked down on her. Like she was nothing more than an insect.

"You probably don't remember me. There was one point when I would have done anything to shake your hand. But now… you aren't even worthy to lick my shoes."

Nelia didn't respond. She kept her look down. This isn't good. Nelia is my servant now. Insulting her is the same as insulting me. So I stood up and stepped in.

"Maybe you should get back to your seat buddy. I don't like when someone is making fun of my servants."

"Hou? You're the master of this freak show? Hahaha. That's so funny. I'm in a good mood so I will overlook your lack of respect. You probably don't know who I am. I am Azamar. You are looking at the future Maou!"

"That's funny. Because that's exactly what I'm going to be."

"A white uniform dreaming to be the Maou? That's rich! You're really a comedian."

The red uniforms all started to laugh. They are just a bunch of idiots. I mean this guy isn't completely weak. But that Zeldris fellow was way stronger so I don't need to worry too much. 

"Listen, how about we make a deal. Why not transfer ownership of Nelia to me? I'll properly compensate you. Getting on my good side will make your life here more enjoyable and…"

"Stop breathing."

"Gaaa…"

I activated my Ruin Eyes and used my mind control skill at the same time. This guy has a really low mental defense so using my powers on him is a piece of cake. The moment I issued my order he grabbed his neck and was struggling for air.

"Listen up you creep. Insult me or my servants again and you'll regret it. You think I was joking? I told you, I will be the one ruling this class. So you're the one that needs to get on my good side, got it?"

He struggled to try and breathe but no air was going into his lungs. He fell on his knees. I better stop here. Killing him will just be pointless. I grabbed his hair and made him look at me again.

"Breathe."

*Gasp*

Air once again flowed inside him and color returned to his face. That should teach him a lesson. I signaled my servants to go take their seats. Both red and white sides were speechless before the events that just unfolded before them. I once again took my seat.

At that moment a bell rang in the distance.

“Everyone, please be seated.”

I look up and see a woman wearing a black robe and a white sleeveless vest enter the classroom. Beautiful. She had short muddy grey hair and a cute pink ahoge sticking up. Her blue eyes pierced into the classroom. And her body was mature. A voluptuous milf. A beauty if I do say so myself. And her boobs are really big. 

She writes on the blackboard using magic: Amelia Ornelia.

“I’m Amelia, the homeroom teacher of class 2. My best regards for this year.”

Fumu. As expected of a teacher, her magic power is pretty good. Her aura is almost as strong as Zeldris.

“Right, let’s not waste any time. The first thing you need to know is that a leader needs to inspire and support his followers. A proper Maou will share power with his subordinates. So you'll have to be able to use the magic I will teach from now on.”

Did the lesson just start? She didn't even ask for any of our names. It's way different than the way I used to teach.

Amelia draws a magic formation on the board.

“This is probably the first time you’ve seen it but this is the magic Iblis. Briefly put, under the hand of the king it gives strength to the subordinates in his army. We’ll be practising this in class. You will attempt to draw this formation and if it’s judged that you can, then you have the qualification to be a leader.”

What the? The magic formation she drew is… incomplete. Is this some sort of test? I've used Iblis many times during my lifetime. And I'm not talking about the modified version I used to bounce back the multiplier back to the caster. But the regular version. Yet the one she presented is… just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, it does work but… it's 3 times weaker than it should be be. One student raised his hand to ask a question. Did they also figure out it was weak?

"Teacher, I have a question. Why is it important to establish if we are qualified to be a leader so early on? Shouldn't that be determined after we study more?"

"Allow me to explain. Underneath this school a giant labyrinth was build. A dungeon if you prefer. It has several floors. Each floor except floor 1 has monsters in it. And on specific floors, we teachers have magically engraved notes about secret classes. 

Secret classes are additional information and attending them will definitely give you a huge advantage in the tournament at the end of the year. Of course, you are free to ignore them completely. But the dungeon will also be used as training ground. It isn't recommended to tackle it alone though. That's why it's important to establish a leader. You will most likely have to rely on Iblis to increase your chances. But we will cover the dungeon later."

I see. This is quite an interesting approach. However the magic formation is still wrong. Normally I shouldn't reveal it. Copying it as it is isn't hard at all. If I share the correct formula I will only make them stronger and that means more competition. But I can't ignore it. I was a teacher myself. Although I wasn't an outstanding one, I had one value. Never pass down false information. My own pride is getting in the way. And these guys are really weak. They won't be able to face dimensional monsters. Or high human warriors. They are too soft. So let's help them out.

"Excuse me, teacher, but who passed down that spell?"

"Who you ask? That's common knowledge. This spell was passed down by the great lord Byron of the eastern faction. Why do you ask?"

A smile creeped on my face. I don't why Byron modified it. He probably had a reason. But that gives me more motivation to crush everything he tried to achieve. 

"That spell… it's got a defect."

"Impossible. Iblis was passed down to the headmaster by lord Byron himself. There is no way it has a defect. Are you just criticising the work of noble Mazoku?"

I just wonder who this principal is. Iblis was around before me. Even if he changed it, why didn't anyone call him out and tell him he made it worse? What happened to common sense? Did Mazoku just evolve into idiots?

I got up from my seat and come near the blackboard. I rewrote 3 parts of the spell. 

"This is the perfect form. If you call yourself a teacher, tell me what you see."

"Such a thing… the power is 3 times stronger just by rewriting it in 3 places…"

A stir leaks from the class.

“…..That girl……who is she……?”

“To point out the defect in a formation the first time you’ve seen it…….and then rewrite it. Such a thing. I’ve never heard of it before. We haven’t even touched the basics of magic foundation yet.”

Fumu. That's right. Learn that I am a superior being. Amelia looks once again at me. Although a little frustrated, she spoke.

"I will accept your point of view. We shall use this formation from now on. Please return to your seat."

Since Yurishia has 5 slaves in order to make it easier to identify the speaker when all of them are talking, each one will address our lovely MC in a different manner.

Nelia: Lady Yurishia

Sylvia: Aneue

Bessie: Boss

Lumi-chan: Yuri-nee

Shizu: Yurishia

P.S. in case you're wondering why Azamar has no horns despite being a noble, the answer is easy. I couldn't find a picture with horns to fit his description :P

160